[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bill Cosby case:Mistrial declared after jury deadlocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 0

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/17/us/bill-cosby-verdict-watch/index.html
>The judge says he'll try to schedule new trial within 120 days
>(CNN) The high-profile case accusing Bill Cosby of aggravated indecent assault ended in a mistrial Saturday after a Pennsylvania jury was unable to come to a unanimous decision.

>The outcome leaves one of America's most recognized entertainers as well as his accusers without vindication, but prosecutors immediately announced they will retry the case.

Well, /pol/fags, is he a "dindu" since he is black or is this case an example of feminist propaganda like "rape culture?"

My opinion: Even if the women are telling the truth, they shot themselves and this case in the foot when they decided not to bring this up earlier. I don't care what the reasons were. Feminists need to stop defending this kind of irresponsible behavior over "muh rape culture."
>>
>>149967
It's a difficult case because there is no physical evidence and it comes down to a case of hearsay. It really sucks if these women were raped, but unfortunately it is just not right to convict someone for something which may have happened 50 years ago with no solid evidence.
>>
>>149967
>Well, /pol/fags
Go ask /pol/ then.
>>
>>149980
I only did that because I expected those idiots to surface with one of the 2 of those phrases I posted. It was a preemptive response. /pol/invades every board, you know.
>>
>>149979
this
>>
>>149967
He's a rapist because he's a rapist. Race doesn't matter here. What matters is that he was a powerful indiviual who was able to get away with perverse behavior for too long.
>>
>>149979
I know. Either pursue justice as soon as you're raped or expect to not get the verdict you hope for when you wait years. I just don't understand it. Many feminists will make all the excuses for them like "they were afraid" or "muh ptsd" but really, either do it early or don't do it at all.
Women aren't children, and they need to start acting responsible if they want to remove all doubt. It sucks because of I posted this on fb(or,god forbid tumblr)right now, I would get so much backlash from feminists.
>>
>>149983
>He's a rapist because he's a rapist.

No, he's a rapist if he's convicted of rape.
>>
>>149991
The high bar required to call someone a rapist in a legal sense does not apply to casual speech. He's a rapist from my perspective because he very likely raped people.
>>
>>149991
He's a rapist if he raped someone. You still committed a crime even if you don't get caught.
>>
>>149992
Prove it.
>>
>>149992
>>149993
He is an alleged rapist until convicted of rape. Just like OJ is an alleged murderer in the killing Nicole and Hillary is an alleged trator for sharing classified documents to people without clearance.
>>
>>149995
I'm not convicting him of rape in a court of law, I'm saying he's a rapist.
>>
>>149997
He's an alleged rapist
>>
>>149967
As far as I'm concerned he is not guilty until proven. And it most likely will not get proven as there is no physical evidence to prove these women's claims. I do not believe in witness testimony. I never will, people are are asshole who will lie to further themselves at any opportunity.
>>
>>149998
Reality is not dependent on the law's convictions. Innocent until proven guilty is a fine legal principle, but whether he actually abused people is a different story. To believe that of the over 100 women have accused him of rape, every single one of them is lying is a much harder sell than that at least some of them are telling the truth. And if any of them are telling the truth, that means he's a rapist.
>>
https://youtu.be/LAorIG6MZnc
>>
>>150000
But that's wrong. Technically unless there is a conviction, a rape never occured. There is just an alleged rape, with an alleged aggressor and an alleged victim.

I agree that it is likely he did do it, however until a conviction is passed down it is incorrect to declare with certainty that he did, which is what you are doing. Just because you choose to use a word incorrectly does not make it correct.
>>
>>150000
you saying "he's a rapist" is you alleging him to be a rapist. thats literally what the word allege means.
>>
while he may have raped them, there is no evidence and why didn't they come forward earlier?

personally i don't believe any woman unless there is solid physical evidence due to the long train of mentally ill females at colleges accusing people of raping them.

cry wolf, i guess.
>>
>>150012
Yes, I'm I'm alleging that he's a rapist. That means that he is by definition an alleged rapist. He is also, in my assessment, a rapist. I'm not making the statement "he is an alleged rapist." I'm making the statement "He is a rapist." So to you, sure you can definitively say that he's an alleged rapist because I'm alleging it.

But as far as I can tell from the available evidence, he is a man with a long history of raping women by drugging them and then using his conspicuous money and status to keep the whole thing quiet.
>>
>>150010
>But that's wrong. Technically unless there is a conviction, a rape never occurred
Websters: rape verb: to have sexual intercourse with by force
It's not to be convicted of soing it, it's the act of doing it.
>>
>>150015
is there evidence of that besides the accusations themselves?

any, like corroborations that don't directly come from the accusers? DNA evidence?

personally i think that most celebrities are probably pieces of shit but they have to have something. why didn't they come forward en masse 20 years ago?
>>
>>150016
The act itself yes, but when reporting or discussing the act it is only alleged until proven.
>>
>>150017
Some tried to, but he had strategies.

Once he stopped the National Inquirer from printing the story of one of his victims by negotiation an exclusive interview with him.
>>
>>150018
Then what problem do you have with me continuing to allege "He's a rapist."?
>>
>>150020
Nothing, do long as you continue to emphasise the "alleged" part.
>>
>>150022
You can emphasize it. I'm saying he's a rapist.
>>
>>150024
To each their own I suppose. At least I tried to correct your ignorance.
>>
>>150026
It's not ignorance m8. It's looking at the observable facts and coming to a working conclusion. People do it all the time, and it's essential for survival.
>>
Cosby did nothing wrong, other than cheat on his wife with loose, druggie, gold digging whores that is. Gee, his weakness was consensual heterosexual sex with adult women of dubious morals.

Let's look at his accusers. Women who hang out at Playboy mansion parties. Women who admit to trading sexual favors for acting jobs. Women who admit to trading sexual favors for drugs. Women who admit to taking cash and are only complaining about how much they were paid after they spent the money. And last but not least, man hating feminist dykes looking for money.

Now look at the timing. All accusers came forward after Cosby had a new show approved, money in the bank, and a platform to speak on family moral values in black culture being better than gangsta pimp a single mom bitch culture.

Liberals can't support such a narrative nor let that air in public.
>>
1) victim are not required to use the word "alleged" when accusing their attackers.
2) accusers can make a accusation without having to use the phrase "alleged"
3)"guilt" and "innocent" are a legal findings.
>>
>>150018
governments do not determine reality no matter how hard they try.
>>
>>149979
Honestly this. Even if you think a guy is guilty as sin, if there is no concrete evidence to tie the circumstantial shit together, than no game. Actually, this is one of the reasons why rapes have historically had such low convictions, because it is difficult to prove. Our judicial system, for the most part, is built on the belief that it'd rather let 10 guilty people go than wrongfully convict 1 innocent.
>>
>>150027
Please put on a trip so I can filter you
>>
>>149967
Whose the bigger rapist, Bill Cosby or Bill Clinton?
>>
You can't rape a hundred women in fifty years while going on the tonight show and having your own sitcom without someone saying something. It's a charade that never would have seen the light of day if the US wasn't so crooked. They have no evidence whatsoever.
>>
>>150067
which I respect and think is a good thing. Cities of rape just need to understand that pursuing a trial for a rape that happened years ago will likely fail.It needs to happen immediately if you want justice.
>>
>>150019
sauce?
Besides, the National Inquirer is a bit iffy as a news source. It's tabloid trash moat of the time. As bad as TMZ
>>
>>150133
Victims* of rape. Damn phone...
>>
>>150033
But you have to admit, it's a bit hypocritical for him to speak of family values no matter his intent when he clearly does not adhere to them. Or least didn't for the longest time assuming of course, he has suddenly changed and found God or something.
I hope if he did in fact rape at least one of those women, he has repented for the mercy of his soul.
>>
>>150134
http://time.com/3608710/bill-cosby-national-enquirer-secret-oath/

>Bill Cosby Made a Deal With the National Enquirer Over a Sex Allegation

>Bill Cosby admitted under oath in 2005 that he gave an exclusive interview to the National Enquirer in exchange for the paper's promise to drop an interview with onetime model Beth Ferrier, who accused him of sexually assaulting her in the 1980s.

>The New York Times reports that the admission was made during a Sept. 2005 deposition at the Federal District Court in Philadelphia. The court documents containing the comedian's testimony had been sealed, but were released on Wednesday in response to media requests.

>"I would give them an exclusive story, my words," Cosby testified, according to the documents, when asked about the agreement with the Enquirer. The paper, on their part, "would not print the story of — print Beth's story," he said.
>>
the evidence against Cosby is his own testimony from previous cases where he testified and the testimony of the victim.
>>
>>149967
The biggest red flag in the prosecution's case was shit like the one woman asking for free tickets to a Cosby show a week after he supposedly raped her.

Who the fuck would be all excited about seeing their rapist perform? Is that like an obscure fetish I'm just not aware of or something?
>>
>>150137
>But you have to admit, it's a bit hypocritical for him to speak of family values
Could be said of anyone in Hollywood and most people outside of it too. The point is he has tried promoting being a decent parent/person over glorifying the life of the gangsta who first invented and sold crack cocaine.

Which do you want to see influence kids on TV? John Singleton’s forthcoming FX crime drama Snowfall about slinging crack, or an old comic trying to make people laugh while centering the show around a moral lesson, i.e. Cosby Show.
>>
>>150135
I like the first version more.
>>
>>150178
Not that obscure. Assange's alledged victims were keen to hang out with him months after his brutal violations of their very being.
>>
>>149981
We get it. You're insecure and afraid of your made up bogeyman. Take your meds.
>>
>>150000
That's not proof though.
>hurr durr. I don't know what opportunists are
>>
>>150000
> To believe that of the over 100 women have accused him of rape, every single one of them is lying is a much harder sell than that at least some of them are telling the truth.

Except in today’s society, we do indeed have a “rape culture” but it’s a culture of women looking to cash in on claims of being raped, even if the rapes supposedly happened decades ago and as we can see, the courts will bend over backwards to get them their payout despite the utter lack of evidence.
>>
>>150140
So a man with a comedy career built around generally being a good hearted individual tried to stop a smear report which would ruin his career? I can't imagine why he would ever want to stop them printing it, regardless of legitimacy.

With these kinds of crimes the public perception turns on its head and becomes "guilty until proven innocent", and even then a large of portion of people will never truly accept you were innocent. We don't even know what he said to them and you and time magazine are assigning guilt which exemplifies this.
>>
>>150219
>We don't even know what he said to them and you and time magazine are assigning guilt which exemplifies this.
You're not paying attention. Time is reporting on documents recording an admission he made in court that he intentionally made a secret deal to prevent one of his victim's stories getting out. And you say he built his reputation on being friendly and safe, but I wonder how you would respond to his "spanish fly" routine. The whole setup for the joke is the idea of how cool it would be to have something to slip in a woman's drink to make her more compliant.
>>
>>150015
You're alleging him to be a rapist. He is factually an alleged rapist, and may or may not be an actual rapist, but neither you nor I know that for sure.

Your judgement of a man you've likely never even been in the same state with is worth about as much as a fart in the wind.
>>
>>150226
>an admission he made in court that he intentionally made a secret deal to prevent one of his victim's stories getting out.
what you are saying presupposes that there was in fact a victim.

the truthful way of saying what you just said is 'he made a secret deal to prevent an accusation from getting out'
>>
>>150226
>to prevent one of his victims stories getting out
See, there you go again. You immediately assume that he committed a crime just because someone brought an allegation against him and he tried to keep it quiet to preserve his career. Let me ask you this, if you were in his situation, would you do differently? Once again, we don't know if the allegation is true or false, or what he spoke with the enquirer about that led them to retract the story. You are assigning guilt on incomplete information and bias against him.

>Spanish fly routine
He is not the first comedian to make jokes of this nature, nor will he be the last. Should every comedian with a similar routine also be investigated? Yes the jokes are in poor taste, but that does not mean they are based in reality given comedies hyperbolic nature.
>>
>>150067

>let 10 guilty people go than wrongfully convict 1 innocent.

I will never understand how we strive for that idea, then proceed to allow for the death penalty to continue.
>>
>>150187
>/pol/ calling anyone else insecure.
kek. if I wasn't on my phone again and traveling ( the WiFi is shit) I would post a pic related.
Tell that to me next time you and other tards post a another stupid "blacked" meme on sfw boards.
>>
>>150198
I mean, if the rapes DID happen though, he should be arrested. Raping is bad no mattee when you did. Just like killing or stealing from your job/state (See Bernie Madoff).The inky argument I'm making is that it is pointless since it has been too long.
>>
>>150231
I mean I'm guessing that's why we have such an ideal in the first place...so one innocent person doesn't get executed . We're you even thinking, anon? Besides, few states still allow the death penalty.
>>
>>150454
Except we've had innocent people killed by the dp before.

Referencing the inocentce project https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row

You got 100+ people who were tee'd up to die. And I'm sure the number goes up if you throw in the killed later found innocent.
>>
>>149967
I'll actually answer this.

Many of his accusers are liars. I don't doubt.

But he's a rapist, I'm fairly sure. Don't believe all the feminist crap about it, and don't believe the Black Lives Matter apologists who claim he isn't. A lot of the stories are fake and orchestrated in advance by used up whores, but there are at least a few times he legit did date rape women.
>>
>>151218
How are you so sure?
>>
>>151218
Of which claim?

That there is at least one true claim? There's a few who aren't complete has-beens trying to popularize books or re-sell old shit and have had fairly consistent stories compared to the others. It's hard to keep a fake story consistent and risk being called a used-up gold-digging whore, so I consider any such case to be credible on its face. Since there's at least one, I'll assume he's raped at least one. And if it's true that no one wanted to take him down, if it is established he raped at least one, he probably didn't stop at just one.

I cast a lot of doubt on whores with failing careers JUST NOW remembering that Bill Cosby raped them now that someone else has decided to accuse him of rape.
>>
>>151219
Whoops. See >>151227
>>
>>149986
There's a big difference between reporting a 20 year old college frat bro of date rape and accusing lovable TV dad Bill Cosby
>>
>>151228
So "they can't all be lying" is your argument
>>
>>151242
No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying, is that I think there are a few good consistent cases among many of the lies. That's not my argument at all. I'm saying I'm resisting the temptation towards that exact argument while also resisting the temptation to cast them all aside as liars because many appear to be.
>>
>>151244
So you're not sure, but some have a decent case
>>
>>151248
Exactly. That's why I even said "fairly sure" in my first comment.
>>
>>151231
there is, one of them being the victim doesn't wait over a month let alone a month!
Of course when they do decide to do such things they should also accept that their case will be difficult to win. Its,not about whether we think someone did it, it's if we can prove it.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.