/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thai Vendor Has Been Roasting Chicken with Sunlight for 20 Years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1474978197385.jpg (99KB, 1370x854px) Image search: [Google]
1474978197385.jpg
99KB, 1370x854px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK8Mvbp-ZpY

Sila Sutharat, a roasted chicken street vendor from Phetchaburi, Thailand, has come up with an ingenious way of cooking chicken. Instead of an oven or a charcoal barbecue, he uses 1,000 mobile mirrors that concentrate sunlight into a strong beam. He basically cooks meat with over 300 degrees Celsius of natural sunlight.

Like most other street vendors, Sila used to cook his chicken over a charcoal fire, but that all changed in 1997, when a mundane observation gave him a brilliant idea. One day, he was hit by the sunlight reflected off the window of a passing bus, and he felt its heat. “I could possibly change it into energy,” Sila told himself, and started working on a contraption to capture the sunlight and use it to cook his chicken.

“They said that I’d gone mad, that cooking chicken like this was impossible,” Sutharat told AFP about how people reacted to his idea. But he didn’t let their jokes and insults get to him, and in the end he was the one who had the last laugh. His invention, a panel featuring 1,000 small, movable mirrors worked exactly as he predicted, allowing him to cook a 1.5 kg chicken in just 10 to 15 minutes. “After a long time passed by, they’d say: ‘Actually, you could do it’,” the vendor recalls.

http://www.odditycentral.com/foods/thai-vendor-has-been-roasting-chicken-with-sunlight-for-20-years.html
>>
The curbed metal frame to which the mirrors are attached concentrate sunlight onto a rotating row of marinated chickens. In just a few minutes, the meat and skin starts to sizzle. Suthrat claims that his invention can generate up to 312 degrees Celsius, which is why he always wears a welder’s mask instead of a cook’s hat, when operating it.

Sila’s solar roaster is an unusual sight that has attracted quite a few curious clients eager to taste Sila’s sun-cooked chicken. He’s been using this sustainable cooking method for two decades now, and claims it’s much better than traditional roasting methods. It’s virtually free, cooks the chicken evenly, and best of all, it’s 100% clean.
>>
> implying solar cooking is a new idea
>>
>>149923
I did this shit in elementary school with a sausage and tinfoil
>>
>>150040
Well how come you didn't turn it into a business, smart ass?
>>
>>150040
Because making rotisserie chickens on a street corner with a giant mirror isn't profitable, or feasible
>>
>>150044
Probably because a gradeschooler would realize that using solar energy is extremely finicky and inconsistent. You can "basically" cook things at 300C all you want except it's easier to use fucking fire or an appliance
>>
>>149923
Construct elaborate mirror panel contraption and hang chicken on a rusty wire rack in shithole Thailand street and hope the sun comes out today

Buy charcoal briquettes and grill/fry chicken and actually accomplish good food + profit + hygene
>>
>>149923
Very cool. This guy gets it.
>>
>>150044
>rains today
>starve
>>
>>149923
>>150040
>>150040

cost of the meat - you know that incredibly complex living protein you have to contain and raise and feed for a year and then kill and then ship to your vendor turns out to be be more expensive than a few hours of free energy you are concentrating ????

fuck you people make me angry
>>
>>149923
>Nigga
>torn pants
>chicken
ЛoЛ Cyкa, лooooooooooooл =))))
>>
>>150405
He is thai not african watch the video
>>
>>150398
What are you even talking about
>>
>>150409
It is very similar to Negro
>>
>>150053
Apparently it's both profitable and feasible, consider g this guys been doing it for 20years. Besides, he doesn't have to buy fuel to cook his chickens.
>>
>>150044
Because I didn't think selling unhygienic chicken is the streets was something that I'd want to do with my life
>>
>>150568
If it's cooked at the correct temperature, it's not really unhygienic. Article even says 300 degrees.
You've probably eaten Tyson chicken in the last month, and that's some of the most chemically unwell chicken on the planet.
>>
>>150534
Then go do it and tell me how it works out

Btw the us has laws and food regulations, just a heads up
>>
>>149923
But how does he not get burned when he steps in front of the grill? An ordinary shirt won't insulate him from that much concentrated solar radiation; even an ordinary magnifying glass will burn you through your clothes, or even the clothes themselves if they're inflammable material. And that's not even considering the long-term risk of skin cancer.
>>
>>150053
>>150084
>>150741
>WOW THIS IDEA WOULD NEVER WORK WHAT AN IDIOT
>guy has ALREADY been doing this successfully for 20 years
>>
>>150769
It wouldn't work as it stands in a modern country, I think that stands self evident

It would take alot of effort and money to make this feasible in a 1st world country - more than really makes sense for the return
>>
>>150749
It would be hot but it wouldn't burn the roaster, the light and heat from the mirrors is concentrated where the chicken is being roasted.
If you put your hand under a magnifying glass and focused the sun on it it wouldn't get burned, if it was too close or too far it has to be at the proper distance for the concentrated lihjt to have an effect.
About the effects of UV radiation that still goes but keeping covered and using sunscreen for the exposed parts like the hands and neck helps, he's got a cap and longsleeve shirt on too.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.