[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study finds 1/15 American adults think chocolate milk comes from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - A survey conducted by the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy found that some American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

The survey resulted in 7 percent of its 1,000 participants having that belief, a spokesperson confirmed to the Huffington Post. The survey was conducted by the market research group Edelman Intelligence.

As the majority of the survey participants know, chocolate milk is actually the result of regular milk mixed with chocolate syrup or cocoa powder.

It is difficult to confirm the accuracy of the survey. The survey results were collected online, making it unknown whether participants were providing serious answers or if they were trying to be funny.

However the Washington Post reports that many Americans are “agriculturally illiterate”, not knowing where the sources of many processed and pre-packaged foods come from. In one study at an urban California school, more than half of the fourth, fifth and sixth graders did not know pickles came from cucumbers or that onions and lettuce were vegetables.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/health/261896501-story
>>
>>149679
Buncha cheeky Yanks
>>
>>149679
>Study finds 1/15 American adults SURVEYED think chocolate milk comes from brown cows
Fixed.
>>
Who the fuck they were polling?
>>
>>149679
>survey a thousand people
>70 say "lol brown cows"
>survey a bunch of esl Mexican kids
>"what's a pickle?"
>murricans sooooo stoooopid!

Gtfo with this shit.
>>
>>149679
I only put the pickle thing together when I saw a Magic School Bus episode about it. My mother never pickled anything so I just didn't know.
>>
>>149693
That's still a pretty concerning number, and one can extrapolate that a large number of Americans lack agricultural knowledge just from this survey. The other examples mentioned in the OP reinforce this issue.
>>
>>149728
>That's still a pretty concerning number, and one can extrapolate that a large number of Americans lack agricultural knowledge just from this survey.
>The survey results were collected online, making it unknown whether participants were providing serious answers or if they were trying to be funny.
No.
>>
>>149679
>or if they were trying to be funny.

GEE I FUCKING WONDER
>>
>>149692
I'm growing increasingly shocked by what passes for news in the US.

Sort your shit out America.
>>
Study finds 1/15 Americans fuck around with dumb surveys
>>
>>149744
Likewise us at what passes as a democratic government across the pond
>>
>chocolate milk doesn't come from brown cows
my whole life is a lie
>>
> Study finds 1/5 Anons post links to fox unironically
>>
Are there that much stupid people in America.
Lawsuits about idiot's behavior self damage should be forbidden, too obvious warning removed everywhere and whe should let Darwin award style natural selection follow it way to purge that country from this burden. It would be coherent with libertarian social darwinism anyway
>>
>>149679

1/15 Americans surveyed has a sense of humor and wants to fuck with shitdick news cucks that take idiotic surveys instead of doing any real work.

Fixed.
>>
>>149728
No. NO. N O. You can NOT extrapolate. Fix your education.

Americans being dumb is a funny meme, I get it and I understand it, but you cannot extrapolate the findings of this study. It is a ridiculous fallacy to assume homogeneity of the (stupidly small) sub sample with the whole population, especially with HUMAN beings. In an ONLINE questionnaire.

>>149679
>It is difficult to confirm the accuracy of the survey.
Dodgy bullshit. It is not accurate.

This is exactly why people lose trust into published statistics. Fuck.
>>
>>149679
i mean i'm sure a lot of the dairy cows could be brown and then chocolate flavour is then added...
>>
>>149851
and with a little google
>Brown Swiss is a North American breed of dairy cattle. It derives from the Alpine Braunvieh. After the Holstein Friesian, it has the second-highest annual milk yield, over 9,000 kg (20,000 lb) per annum.[1] The milk contains on average 4% butterfat and 3.5% protein, making their milk excellent for production of cheese.
>Milk of the Brown Swiss is unique as well, having longer-chain fatty acids than other popular dairy breeds and smaller fat globules in the cream; this difference means that cream rises much more slowly in milk from Brown Swiss cows. [7] This difference, and the ratio of protein to fat in the milk, is ideal for cheesemaking.[8]This breed is a soft-looking creamy brown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Swiss

chocolate milk comes from brown cows 100% FACT!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.