[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trendy Moms Are Asking Their Babies Permission to Pick Them Up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 0

Trendy Instagram moms are pioneering a new parenting trend – asking their babies for permission before picking them up.

Enterprising new parents claim to be expanding the boundaries of consent, even though their infants can’t talk and barely understand the world around them.

They claim that picking up babies without checking in with them first is an aspect of “rape culture” – and that raising them without involuntary lifting will make sure their sons don’t become rapists in later life.

The trend broke out of social media last week, when parent Nisha Moodley posted a selfie with her six-month-old son, Raven, describing her approach:

She claims she can “feel for his ‘yes'”, and that her parenting strategy will help #endrapeculture.

Others were more supportive, and said they do the same thing. Robin Weir, mother to a seven-month-old boy, wrote “We do this too… makes it feel more like we’re doing things ‘with’ him rather than ‘to’ him.”

More than 600 other users “liked” the post.

The breakout photo landed Moodley an interview with Yahoo! Beauty, where she expanded on the dangers of turning your offspring into a rapist by picking them up too eagerly.

She said: “I don’t ever want my son to be a sexual perpetrator or the victim of one, and the best thing I can do is honor his choices about his own body.

“I also want him to pay attention to his instincts, and forcing physical touch could interfere with that.”

However, even Moodley admits that there are exceptions to her rule, because, well, babies cry, and can’t talk or make their own decisions – which is why they need parents in the first place.

When asked on Instagram what she does if he starts crying, she replied: “I do what I need to do as a mama, first and foremost So if I need to pick him up, I do! Or I say ‘Oh, honey, I’m going to pick you up.'”

https://heatst.com/world/trendy-moms-are-asking-their-babies-permission-to-pick-them-up-so-they-dont-turn-into-rapists/
>>
This world deserves armageddon. This is fucking insane.
>>
>>149629
Indeed it has, if you can genuinely wish death on someone just because they have different ideas on parenting than you do.

The main concern that I have is that this could lead to a lack of parental authority, which could cause respect and entitlement issues. In other words, they could become someone who thinks the world revolves around them, like you.
>>
>>149635
>Lead to
What, you're saying they don't already? Kids at 8 and 9 years old already have tablets and smartphones. It's this new generation of parents that feel they didn't get enough as kids and have to give their own everything as some sort of social protest.
>I wasn't spoiled and that's a bad thing!
>>
>>149637
Doesnt mean it's a good thing
>>
>>149640
Good and bad are subjective. What could be done about "horseshit" like this when men have almost no say in parenting anymore? Trying to have women take the logical side for guys is near impossible with the pack mentality they tend to carry.
>>
>>149619
>Some nobody somewhere got 600 likes on instagram for injecting a fight against rape culture in how she plans on spoiling her kid
>News
This feels like clickbait
>>
>>149637
The thing is, fancy toys don't spoil kids by themselves. Giving them to kids as soon as they demand them, however, does. Teaching respect is a fundamental principle of parenting, no matter what the background or affluence of one's family is. You're missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>149644
Are parents to be taught how to respect their children, as well?
>>
>>149642
It is to a large degree; trends in real life and social media rise and die all the time without spreading from their niche. It's just that this particular trend reflects our current flashpoint of sexual equality quite well.

Personally, I responded because I think this is potentially bad parenting, period. Fundamental errors like this are often where social issues arise from.
>>
>>149645
Respect goes both ways. Boundaries must be set as to how much a child can demand from a parent, and vice versa. The best way to get someone to learn something is to practice it yourself, demonstrating its value.

In my opinion, any human relationship turns dangerous once respect is removed from it.
>>
>>149641
>Good and bad are subjective

Found the relativist neo-marxist postmodernist
>>
>>149619

wow it's nothing
>>
It's just a bunch of bullshit slapped onto a normal thing. Of course you should tell your child that you are going to pick him up before you do it.
>>
>>149654
At least, you should never be too certain that your good is really that good or your bad is bad under all circumstances. No matter who you are or what your persuasion on any particular subject.
>>
>>149668
saying there isn't any good or evil though is fucking ridiculous

anyone who does should immediately be killed

"lmao there's no good and evil right so this isn't wrong????"

the only people who say there's no such thing as good and evil are people who have never been threatened in their entire lives and are so fucking pampered that they are isolated entirely from real human experience.
>>
>>149690
>saying there isn't any good or evil though is fucking ridiculous
>anyone who does should immediately be killed
really makes you think
>>
>>149637
>Because a child has a smartphone or tab for entertainment means they have shit relations with their parent

Get the fuck with the times Grandpa you fucking square
>>
>>149645
It's too late to teach parents. They should have been taught when they were children. Now they learn through hard knocks as in your child is gonna get knocked out if you can't control them.
>>
>>149619
oh god

in 15 years they're not going to understand what it means to have no power in shit. They'll have always been the decider for others' fates. This is awful
>>
This is the peak of moral insanity. The function to literally pick up a child would have no influence on said "Rape Culture". Fuck, what even is rape culture? The ideology of rape as something that has to do nothing with gender, and instead with the idea of rape in it's whole? Me neither.
>>
>>149619
>she can “feel for his ‘yes'”, and that her parenting strategy will help #endrapeculture.
isnt this rapeculture according to them though.
>>
You guys are reading this wrong.

The article says if they are currently nonverbal them it's ok if you can
> feel their yes

#feeltheiryes #rapeculture
>>
>>149648

Except children are, you guessed it, fucking irrational children. The controlling of the parent will teach the child to develope a healthy sense of respect to others and themselves, what they want and need. The parents unnegotiable forcing is essential for the child in that stage of development. Proof of this is the ragdoll all mammals go into when carried at infant age. They are designed to have their integrity violated.

I'm guessing these children will develope massive issues. Anxiety. Superiority complex. They will be immensely shocked once normal people cross their personal space, throw fits, cry, puke, all the shit children do, but at adult age.
>>
>>149629
Truly deserving of a darn WW3
Some things need good remedies rather than shitty fights.
>>
>>150997
Basically developed autism thanks to some fucking millennial tumblarinas and dumbasses
>>
>Claims to be fighting rape culture
>Feels for a 'Yes'

Now taking bets on who becomes self-aware first, people like this mom or robots.
>>
>>149619
As a baby who suffered the oppression of my barbaric parents - their incessant non consensual games of "peek-a-boo" and "up to mommy!", I attest to the fact I'm now in fact a deranged atheist mechanophilic rapist ....

MOMMMY NOOOOOO!!!!
>>
>>149635
More likely the kids get messed up due to a lack of early haptic feedback and physical affection.
>>
>>149619
>mothers ask permission to pick them up
>still cut their dicks without asking first.
>>
>>149619
>She claims she can “feel for his ‘yes'”, and that her parenting strategy will help #endrapeculture.
>She claims she can “feel for his ‘yes'”
>she can “feel for his ‘yes'”
The kid, years later :
>I did feel that girl's "yes", you honour, even though she was passed out and clearly unable to give consent.

Seriously, how is that not fucking up with the definition of consent?
>>
>>149619
>No mom I don't wanna play fucking peekaboo I wanna play with those jingle keys. Now bring me a bottle
>>
>>149619
...and the latest generation of idiots is born.
>>
>>149629
All hope is lost...It's all going to hell.
>>
>>149619
this is seriously dumb. i'm amazed by how dumb this is.
>>
When these children grow up they'll abuse their parents
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.