[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No more trannie jokes in Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 0

you can't say mean or offensive things in my country anymore. According to one article, adding this to the criminal code of canada will allow people to take legal action against a person who has misgendered them or used an incorrect pronoun.

https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/

http://sds.utoronto.ca/blog/bill-c-16-no-its-not-about-criminalizing-pronoun-misuse/

^this is a good article about it.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-16/third-reading

^this is the actual text of the bill

What are your thoughts, anons? Let's uphold freedom of speech by saying whatever opinion we want :^)
>>
Good.
>>
>>149548
Transgenderism is a mental illness
>>
>>149553

how is that good, dumbfuck? when a country starts policing what you can and can't say, wouldn't you think that's a little totalitarian?
>>
>>149548
I don't closely follow Leaf politics but a few years ago didn't you arrest somebody for criticizing a couple of feminists on Twitter? IIRC he eventually got off but had to spent a fortune on legal fees and it's still fucked up that they arrested a man just for disagreeing with feminism.

America obviously has it's problems with feminists, and Trumptards in the other direction, but at least I can criticize either one of them on Twitter without getting arrested
>>
>>149562
How have they policed you anon? What are you afraid of saying?
>>
>>149562
Despite what liberals proclaim, they LOVE totalitarian regimes. It just has to cater to their own dogma and they will support it harder than the most rabid Neo Nazi.
>>
>>149588

Political extremists in general love totalitarian regimes. Once you go too far into crazy town, the only way to enforce your beliefs on others is through violence.

>dude I want everyone to be my religion
>better turn this shit into a theocracy, killing all "blasphemers" who dare oppose me

>dude I want to divide the wealth equally
>better kill the rich and enslave the poor, killing all "capitalists/counterrevolutionaries" who dare oppose me

>dude I want to create an ethnically pure state
>better put the "unpure" in camps, killing all "communists" who dare oppose me

Terms in quotes should be read as code words for "anyone who I don't like, including allies who are a threat to my power." For the majority it never gets to this point, because sufficiently moderate people are able to peacefully compromise with moderates of other stripes and still maintain majority control (extremists are loud as shit, but certainly don't represent the whole, otherwise goose-steppers on /pol/ would be the average Republican and rainbow colored otherkin would be the average Democrat. We just see this idiots more because the internet allows them to network with each other and feed off the extreme opposition).
>>
>>149588
Despite what right-wingers proclaim, they LOVE totalitarian regimes. It just has to cater to their own dogma and they will support it harder than the most rabid SJW nazi.
See how well that fits? Think about it.
>>
>>149612
It doesn't fit at all
>>
>>149596
This guy gets it.
>>
>>149562
Well there are three opinions to take here:

1. Hate speech laws should not exist
2. Hate speech laws should exist, and should not be applied to transsexuals
3. Hate speech laws should exist, and should be applied to transsexuals
>>
>>149636

"Hate speech" is a bullshit arbitrary term, you could apply it a million different ways
>>
>>149558
>>149562

/thread
>>
>>149548
RIP Canada.
>>
>>149636
>>
>>149596
Read somewhere that the thing extremists abhor the most isn't other extremists, it's moderates. Other extremists are useful and play into their world view. Nazis and Commies both justify their existence based upon the other. The existence of reasonable moderates breaks their ideology, so they attempt to paint them as extremist if they're on the other side, or push them out if they are on theirs. Just look at how fervently SJWs attack and drive other leftists away, or how /pol/ views cuckservatives.
>>
>>149702
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>149714
This. As Christopher Hitchens said, all frauds and bigots are brothers under the skin. Horseshoe theory isn't an idle meme.
>>
Canadian Freedumb of Speech;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA97MZqXYAAbi_C.jpg
>>
>>149636
>1. Hate speech laws should not exist
>2. Hate speech laws should exist, and should not be applied to transsexuals
>3. Hate speech laws should exist, and should be applied to transsexuals

Two of those three sound like "hate speech" to me.
>>
>>149730
I hate trans people
>>
>>149548
Why does Canada feel more and more unwelcoming by the day?
I mean in WW2 it was like fucking heaven and 10 years ago is where all of the hard-working people went to get easy jobs, respect and lotsa money.
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>149762
Harper
>>
I support trans rights and everything, but this is ludicrous. Using preferred pronouns is like holding the door for someone. It's a gesture of courtesy, not doing so might be considered a dick move by some, but you're not compelled to do so. And the non binary "issue" is just a straight up delusion. You wouldn't address a schizophrenic nutjob who believes he's the queen as "her majesty", would you?
>>
>>149885
you would unless you want to go to jail

i sexually identify as an F-16CM block 40 fighting falcon

*sips jet fuel*
>>
>>149548
Nooo.
More law queens
>>
>>149548
Nooo.
More sjw queens
>>
This is fucking bullshit, not to mention communist. I'm glad I live in a country where the first amendment exists, although I'm not sure how much longer that will last....
>>
>>149885
>You wouldn't address a schizophrenic nutjob who believes he's the queen as "her majesty", would you?

Actually now you have to
>>
>>151100
We're headed in the same direction at this rate, unfortunately a lot of the people vocal about protecting 1st amendment rights are assholes who only care about being able to insult people
>>
>>149548
>Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Did this bill just assume the gender of the Canadian King?
I hereby move for a new criminal code to take legal action against criminal codes assuming genders.
ALL IN FAVOR?
>>
Don't worry Cana, we'll soon fix our mistake of not conquering you and mexico from the getgo.
>>
>>151137
You haven't actually read the bill, have you? While it is disgustingly vague, it doesn't entail protection for schizophrenic delusions no matter how loose your interpretation of it is. It arguably doesn't even protect pronoun usage, calling a man "she" is as much of a crime as calling a white person "black".
>>
>>149742
Hate speech
>>
>>151731
So?
>>
>>149548

>Freedom of speech
>Anywhere but the US

Adorable.
>>
>>149586
The fact is that gender dysphoria is considered a mental illness. Part of it is because there is high rates of depression and anxiety brought on by being uncomfortable in their own bodies. I'm not a psychologist but I think whether the depression and anxiety is a symptom of transgenderism or is a symptom of how society percieves them is still up for debate. If you were to say this to a tranny they could play hate speech card and you can get in trouble now.
>>
>>151754
>If you were to say this to a tranny they could play hate speech card and you can get in trouble now.
No you couldn't. Please research the barest minimum of what anti discrimination laws are for and how they work before you make mindless posts.
>>
>>151756
What if someone calls a tranny sick in rhe head? Is that hate speech?
>>
>>149548
What kind of fucking law is that. Bunch of pussy
>>
>>151138
>>151100

Nah, our Supreme Court just reaffirmed that there is no such thing as "hate speech" in the united states, or rather, it's not illegal.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9346
>>
>>149548
one day a bunch of like minded people are going to buy up an island somewhere and found a new country where they can as politcally incorrect as they want. I swear I'd move there just because it means freedom of speech
>>
>>149653
Thank goodness Canadian Law has a large corpus from which to draw upon, as well as clearly stated laws regarding how extreme speech has to be (it's very, to the point that it needs to be posing a clear and imminent danger to others), before hate speech laws kick in and someone can be prosecuted for it.
>>
>>151731
Actually not. You can go out there with a sign and walk around the Hill saying that you hate trans people all day, and no one will stop you. If you say, "I hate trans people and want them to die," you're closer to the line. If you say, "I hate trans people, join me in killing them," then you are in violation of the proposed C-16 (and Ontario hate speech laws already in place).
>>
>>149584
Yep
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Elliott

They took his internet away for 3 years until the court found him not guilty. I'm left on most issues but this feminist bullshit has to stop, and "hate speech" is garbage
>>
>>149883
As fun as it is to blame him, the true face to blame is every single person who chose inaction against the ever-rising wave of political correctnes, forced multiculturalism, and guilt by association.
>>
>>149890
What would your pronouns be?
>>
>>151740
If you think that America has true freedom of speech, then you're letting the subtle infractions of that freedom fly right over your head.
>>
>>151146
>conquering
Your nation tried to conquer the other two, and failed at both.

Let's be honest, the U.S is in no position to conquer any other country in its current state; I mean, it can't even re-conquer its ghettos from one of the most historically incapable races in existence.
>>
>>149548
>>149548
People are still going to call them as they see em regardless so this law is bullshit.

If they can't deal with it, that's their loss.
>>
>>149653
>>149704
My point was that Canada already has hate speech laws, so the choice here is between 2 and 3.
>>
>>151822
>>149548
They're going to need either a patch sewn on to their clothes or a sign hung from their neck to those who aren't passable to show whatever they are trying be. They're never going to do that.
>>
>>151795
>"no one will stop you"
haha...except all of the militant antifa terrorists
>>
>>151818
Jets don't talk. So human speech is hate speech against us. A loud "brrsshhhhhhhh" sound like turbines starting up should be sufficient
>>
>>151822
This. Transgenderism is a hot political issue right now, but they're still a fucking 0.3% minority in the population (that many professionals consider a mental illness to begin with), and transgendered people who actually give an uppity shit about pronouns are yet another minority within that 0.3%. You're never going to convince the other 99.9% to change their entire established system of observationally objective labeling just to polish some entitled snowflake's apples because xir decided to dress in flamboyant conflict to their physical masculinity/femininity today.
>>
F
>>
>Let's uphold freedom of speech by saying whatever opinion we want

Canadians don't have rights so there are none to fight for. Forget it. Blend, live your life and don't give a shit. It's pointless to care about modern nations because they are shit.
>>
>>151757
Not on it's own no.
>>
>>151827
You are severely deluded. Please go outside and experience the real world.
>>
Did OP read the article posted? Or was it sarcasm? Because that link literally says the opposite of what OP claims. Either way, the bill isn't criminalizing misgendering, it basically just adds gender expression to existing discrimination and hate speech laws.
>>
>>149890
I identify as a straight white male, cis, vanilla monogamy for the purposes of procreation. My pronouns are fag/faggot/fuckface. Please respect!
>>
>>151891
Well put.
>>
>>149558
tranny here, this is true tbqhywf.
>>
>>152804
its perplexing how ok you and many leftists are with government telling people what to do with their business and what to say

do you ever think ahead?
>>
>>152883
is this the bait? you didn't even respond to what I said m8
>>
>>152883
I'm guessing you're American,s o let me tel you how it works in Canada and probably elsewhere.
If you say or do something that ends up damaging a person and they sue your or call the police and press charges, those things you said or did on the basis of stupid fucking ignorant prejudice can be used against you in court and you can be sentence based on it.

Alone, those things are not crimes. You can have any conversation you want. But if you're, say, a manager of a business who regularly talks about how women are all whores, the women who work for you can file a human rights complaint against you and you can be fined and go to jail, because that shit constitutes harassment. Civil societies demand a level of respect. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.
>>
>>152902
yes exactly, you're ok with that.

it's perplexing. you don't hold freedom of speech as a value, that's ok. you prefer government regulated speech. just say that. because that's what you want.
>>
>>152902
further, is saying transexuals are not real men/woman a hate crime? Why is voicing an opinion that woman are all whores worthy of jail time? I don't get it. they can be ignorant or stupid, but that's not a criminal offense in my eyes. Where is the line? If you think saying all woman are whores is crime worthy, what about saying most woman are whores? Some? Do you not see the implications of regulating speech? It's thought control that you're handing to the government.
>>
As a Canadian, Native actually(not technically canadian by law mind you. Look up the Indian Act if interested) this sounds like more of Ontario's, probably toronto, me too me too, see? I can follw with the best of em shenanigans that the rest of canada rolls it's eyes at. Ontario is that older sister that follows every trend and expects you to jump off every bridge you come across when all you want to do is finally find that somewhat comfy spot so you can plant some roots and grow.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.