[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S. Senate votes near unanimously for Russia, Iran sanctions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sanctions-idUSKBN1962AU?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+%28Reuters+World+News%29

>The U.S. Senate voted overwhelmingly on Thursday for legislation to impose new sanctions on Iran and Russia, and force President Donald Trump to get Congress' approval before easing any existing sanctions on Russia.

>The 100-member Senate backed the measure by a margin of 98-2.

>Republican Senator Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with the Democrats, were the only two "no" votes.

>The bill includes new sanctions on Iran over its ballistic missile program and other activities not related to the international nuclear agreement reached with the United States and other world powers.

>The Senate this week also added new sanctions punishing Russia for meddling in the 2016 U.S. election, annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region and support for Syria's government in that country's six-year-long civil war.

>Lawmakers also voted overwhelmingly earlier on Thursday to add provision to the bill allowing the U.S. space agency NASA to continue using Russian-made rocket engines and reaffirming the U.S. commitment to the NATO alliance.

>To become law, the legislation still must pass the House of Representatives and be signed by Trump. House aides said they expected the chamber would begin to debate the measure in the coming weeks, although they could not predict when it might face a final vote.

>Trump's secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, had questioned the legislation in testimony in the House of Representatives on Wednesday.

>"I would urge Congress to ensure any legislation allows the president to have the flexibility to adjust sanctions to meet the needs of what is always an evolving diplomatic situation," he told the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
>>
>However, aides in both the Senate and the House said they expected support for the bill would be strong enough to override a Trump veto if necessary.
>>
>>149450
>>149452
Fake news from the butthurt liberal media.
>>
>>149456
and yet It still happened, even burtbart has it.
>>
>>149456
In fact, here's the burtbart article.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/06/15/germany-austria-slam-u-s-sanctions-russia/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29
>>
>>149458
What's a burtbart
>>
>>149450
>>Republican Senator Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with the Democrats, were the only two "no" votes.

Why'd Bernie vote "no"? This seems like it'd be something he'd be in favor for, given his harsh criticism of Trump.
>>
>>149554
http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/06/15/bernie-sanders-takes-heat-for-vote-against-sanctions-saying-they-could-endanger-iran-nuclear-deal/

He believes it could end the 2015 nuclear deal. Lots of wasted time and resources if that went under. Personally, I think he also did it as a devil's advocate. Fully unanimous votes are pointless in a majority rules system, so attempting to point out flaws in any law is a good thing.
>>
Austria and Germany have protested.
>>
>>149458
Ha Ha. Lol. Burtbart. Lol.
>>
Friends of mine, president Trump is a great law-maker and vigorous, valiant, virile Vladimir Putin is the most admired & respected national leader on Planet Earth.
>>
>>149643
O lovely Father America my strong uncle Sir Donald Trump :)
O beautiful Mother Russia my passionate darling Vladimir Vladimirovich :)

Father Americas always makes me gladness with smilings
Mother Russia has something for always me to smell nice and rejoices

Blessings Jesus of the Father America :)
Blessings Jesus of the Mother Russia :)

hugs with kiss and love':) /pol/
>>
>>149643
>>149649
I can't tell if this is satire of Russia shills, or actual Russian shills. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>149680
>Thinking everyone who likes Trump is Russian

And that's why you lost, and that's why you're going to lose
>>
>>149691

SALTY
>>
>>149691

>>Thinking everyone who likes Trump is Russian

Where did he say that? Also both posts clearly mention Putin in addition to Trump, so clearly these posts are in support of both. Had the mention of Putin not been present in either post then what you said would have been true, however this is clearly not the case.
>>
>>149735
Its so funny how on the main Russian TV channels shown nationally they have people with all sorts of opinions even ones that are extreme that say anti Russian/Putin propaganda never get thrown off or not given a chance to talk or interrupteds by the audienciungs. Yet in places like Hiffing Post in America i never see any Russian politicians here or Russian viewpointings put out into the public proofs. This is the first time anything different has been said about Putin and my god it seems so sci-fi to see Liberals say such dumb shit about Putin controlling anything in the media. Lise Assange sayed in his interview, Russia is an open and vibrant society with truthful press freaadoms. There are hundreds of channels that can be controlled by anyone, many of which controlled by US intelligence which is known publicly like the channel in Moscow called channel doscht (rain). They always get to say what they want streaming 24/7 without being killed, ran off, or arrested. Its just nonsense that Liberals would say that and the audience would agree without even thinking.Even if you agree or disagree you shouldn't say anything as an audience member, its the same in anything else. Its just so many retards everywhere.
>>
>>149780
I hope those beetroots Putin is giving you keeps you warm through the Siberian winter.
>>
>>149780

I'm going to agree with >>149680 and say that I can't fucking tell who is being serious or being sarcastic anymore.
>>
>>149780
I would've thought you're a typical vatnik, but given you've misspelled dozhd', it's more likely you're just a shill.
>>
repubs are trying to goad iran into breaking the nuclear treaty brokered by Obama

they'll gradually sanction everything for any reason they can find except for the particular items specified by the treaty itself (aircraft supplies, &c.)

then they'll talk about how Iran can't be trusted and how Obama was a shitty negotiator, the dems can't be trusted with national security, &c.
>>
This still boggles my mind. So many can't he stupid enough to believe Russia had any involvement in US election without proof, so either they're still compromised by deep state influence or there is classified information that proves Russia did have involvement.

Somehow I really doubt it's the latter.
>>
>>150339
There was more involved than just the dnc leaks.
>>
>>150599
PROOF.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.