[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grenfell Tower fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

Grenfell Tower fire in London, England

>Fire reported at Grenfell Tower in Latimer Road at 00:54 BST

>Forty fire engines, and around 200 firefighters tackle blaze; cause unknown

>London Fire Brigade confirms fatalities but cannot give a number

>Thirty people have been taken to five London hospitals

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-london-40239008
>>
>More than 50 people are being treated in hospital, says London Ambulance.
>>
Any engineer anon over here? Just wondering if the fires on this building could be compared to the ones on the WTC, materials are probably different, but the one in London burned for 4 hours, roughly 80% of the building in flames and no collapse, vs WTC burning for less than 2 hours and crumbles... Am I delusional?
>>
>>149059
>WTC
Jetfuel melts steel beams
>>
>The BBC's Andy Moore has confirmed the fire is still burning in the upper floors of the tower block, but says the situation is "under control"

"Higher up the fire is just being left to burn. There is nothing they [firefighters] can do about it."
>>
>>149059
Not a building engineer but WTC is wayyyyyy fucking taller and requires special support with all dem steel beams which melted. These shit hole tower blocks all over London are like a bunch of giant concrete lego blocks.

The sleuths over on reddit also found that the block was recently renovated with cheap combustible outer cladding, they even found warnings that this exact scenario would happen (and has happened in other countries before), so basically the fire started on the outside and came in the windows while for WTC the planes made a big fire from the inside out which would surely make it hotter like a cooker in the worst place to have a fire.
>>
>Zoe told BBC London Radio: "I was actually on the floor where fire started – the fourth floor.

"Someone started banging on my door saying there’s a fire and to get out.

"When I got on the landing it was thick with smoke but the smoke alarms weren’t going off, which is quite scary.

So the fire alarms didn't even go off
>>
>>149059

Also keep in mind that WTC was also punctuated by a gaping hole caused by a jet airliner that rammed through the entire building.
>>
>>149054
saw the lie feed all the way, not much action but it was a hell of a fire.
>>
I'm going to speculate here and say we're looking at around 25 fatalities.
>>
>>149079
morre than that dude, i think there'd be afew hundred people living there
>>
>>149079
>>149080
id say at least 50
>>
>>149066
The fire started on the outside? Are you stupid?
>>
>Firefighters rescued "large numbers", but London Mayor Sadiq Khan said "a lot" of people were unaccounted for.
>>
>Met Police Commander Stuart Cundy said his "thoughts were with everyone involved in this truly shocking fire".
"I can confirm six fatalities at this time but this figure is likely to rise during what will be a complex recovery operation over a number of days.
>>
do you think that in such a large fire, the responisble bbqer will get away?
>>
>>149092
the person might, but the people who manage the flats sure as shit wont
>>
>>149054
Smart money is on a religion of peace ,peace making device factory exploding
>>
>>149099
Checked but no, a fire is too slow for their style
>>
>>149054
What kind of activities go on in the office?
>>
>>149066
There were no planes involved in 9/11 fam
>>
>>149054

wait! isnt that one of those famous british BBQ?
>>
>>149054
More fake news from butthurt liberals.
>>
>>149066
>not a building engineer but here's a long diatribe on building engineering that I've pulled straight from my ass

kys loser
>>
>>149066
Check out what happened to WTC7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbMfTtHkYM
>>
>>149054
Religion of peace strikes again.
>>
What the hell caused the fire anyway
>>
>>149059

9/11 was an inside job, come on, you know this.
>>
>>149099
actually the opposite, the people running around banging on peoples doors were fasting muslims up early for ramadan
>>
>>149094
Isn't it government owned?

You're not getting blood from that stone.
>>
>>149271
>Isn't it government owned?

I heard on NPR this morning (Jun14th) that the building was sold off to a private company and residents had earlier complained about the smoke alarms not working.
>>
>>149273
b-but m-muh free market.
>>
>>149278
>b-but m-muh free market.

Sure, but the smoke alarms most likely weren't working when it was a government owned building and the new corporate owners just continued the practice of not giving a shit.

It's not like the corporate owners went in and disabled the smoke detectors to save a buck.
>>
>>149054
>Grenfell Tower fire in London, England

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire

"The building was an isolated public housing accommodation in the otherwise posh locality of high end real estate."

Sounds like it might have been struck by "Jewish lightning"...
>>
>>149285
Muh corpera-shuns
>>
>>149240
lets add 75 tons of metal to a structure by crashing it into the side, burning it, and then expect it to not crumble to the ground.
Here's a hint, the floors are held up by the walls and a few structural supports, the floors aren't strong.
>>
>>149290
kek
>>
latest update

>Rescuers do not expect to find anyone else alive in the west London block of flats which was engulfed by a massive fire, the fire service says.
London Fire Commissioner Dany Cotton said there were still "unknown numbers" of people in the smouldering ruins of Grenfell Tower, in north Kensington.
>>
There's no such thing as karma..

Burn muzzies! Eye for a eye..
>>
>>149066
OK. Now explain building 7.
>>
>>149420
Bump.
>>
>multi culti slum flat burns down

Hmm...
>>
>>149420

I'm not a structural engineer either, but most buildings aren't designed to have chunks of nearby 400+ meter tall buildings fall on them. This started multiple fires that burned for the whole day; the sprinkler system got fucked by debris (don't put single points of failure in your designs, kids) and water pressure issues prevented firemen from being able to do anything. At some point they just stopped trying to save the building to avoid losing a bunch of rescue workers if the building fell, and lo and behold it fell a few hours later.

Just like the other buildings at the WTC, the fire managed to weaken the support structure just enough that gravity could do the rest of the work. Specifically, a certain set of steel girders suffered from severe thermal expansion (they design buildings for seasonal expansion and contraction, not blazing fires), which knocked a key support column out of position, thus crippling the integrity of the building. Everything from the 13th floor on up (proof that 13 is cursed) came crashing down and building momentum until it just crushed everything.

Fun fact: like dominoes, debris from WTC7 fucked up other nearby buildings, one of which was then rendered structurally unsound and later demolished. The other was saved at significant cost.
>>
>>149066
Refueled planes carry a lot of kerosen. Largely enough to burn everything in the plane on a crash. Steel hardly burn but losses a lot of yeld when heated so constrained beams don't stand on a fire.
This English building is made of concrete which react really differently, beginning to be damaged on surface only and holding longer fire.
>>
>>149185
He's not wrong, though. The fire started on the fourth floor, and quickly spread upward as the cladding caught fire, almost exactly as the local Grenfell Action Group predicted.

And to people trolling him about 9/11, at least TRY to act like you're over 18 and don't believe in fairy tales.
>>
update in the mirror

>The death toll after the tragedy has now risen to 17 and fire bosses have warned the number of people killed could be more than 100.
>>
>>149465
The one that was saved was a historic art-deco building used by Verizon. I believe the other was a post office, and that was likely torn down.
>>
>>149314

Seems the apartment building is owned by the city and run by a “tenant management organization”, made up of tenants and city officials;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_and_Chelsea_TMO

Oversight and membership

The TMO has a board comprising eight residents, four council-appointed members and three independent members. Labour councillor and now MP, Emma Dent Coad was a council-appointed board member from 2008 to 31 October 2012.

Membership is open to any named tenant or leaseholder of a property owned by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and managed by the TMO, and who is over the age of eighteen.
>>
>>149054
10 million pounds of regeneration to this grenfell tower and now its the first to go... lol what a joke.. what a setup
>>
>>149569
we can make it either nonflammable or eco-friendly, but not both
>>
>>149416
I don't know about that, lots of Jews died in WWII and Hitler still decided to kill himself.

>>149589 You can do both, make it out of Adobe.
>>
>>149592
They were going to until the subscription fees were introduced
>>
>>149054
i must be very uneducated and dumb but why didnt people just go to the top of the building and got rescued by helicopters?
>>
>>149952
Fire in the hallways.
>>
>>149952
>i must be very uneducated and dumb but why didnt people just go to the top of the building and got rescued by helicopters?

The British fire department literally tells people to _stay in their apartments_ in the event of a fire.

I kid you not, check the Wiki article up-thread.
>>
>>149990
I saw this on AP news:
They advised people to stay in the fucking building

How is this possible? Are UK people this cucked?

Standard procedure in USA is to get the fuck out of the building, asap
>>
>>149054

>eternal anglos dropped dead

honestly.. why should i care when bad people die?
>>
>>149589
Wasn't it just styrofoam shit? Doesn't sound ecofriendly.
>>
>>149079
>>149080
>>149081

theres over 500 people missing from the building
>>
>>150191
>theres over 500 people missing from the building

Lol, no;

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40315194
17 June 2017

A total of 58 people are dead or missing, presumed dead, following the devastating fire at Grenfell Tower in west London, police have said.

Commander Stuart Cundy said that number "may increase". The BBC understands it could be about 70 people in total.
>>
>>150151
europeans are absolutely nuts with their nanny state.
>stay in the building thats burning to the ground goy your governement will protect you!
>>
>>149054
is it proven that this incident is a setup.. grenfall is submitted for demolition since years ahead.
>>
>>150197
lol u fucking idiot. grenfell tower housed 550 people and only 76 have been confirmed alive. firefighters have said that there are well over 150 bodies and they havent even reached the 14th floor yet.
>>
>>149377
We can simulate elementary particles interacting and predict quantum phenomena, but you still doubt that 9/11 was an inside job because "hurr durr we added 75 tons of weight and I have nothing to back up my argument that this, in combination with the damage to the structure, would cause a total failure and have the whole tower collapse" Let's face it, neither of us are architects or statists, so when you claim the building couldn't support this, you're full of shit, because if you did, then I'm sure you wouldn't mind showing your work / citing sources
>>
>>149589
Not really true at all, though I'd like to hear your definition on eco-friendly
>>
>>150223
High rise buildings are designed so that if part of the building catches fire, it doesn't spread. Obviously this doesn't work if you wrap the building in kindling
>>
>>150310

citation.jpg
>>
>>149290
Ol shlomo slumlord figures he'd let it burn, collect the insurance check, then sell his prime plot of land.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.