[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gianforte pleads guilty to assault in incident with reporter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

>Greg Gianforte, the Montana congressman-elect who was accused of "body slamming" a reporter, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault Monday morning.
Judge Rick West sentenced Gianforte to a 180-day deferred sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management and a $300 fine along with a $85 court fee.

>Gianforte has apologized to the journalist, Ben Jacobs, and also pledged to donate $50,000 to the Committee to Protect Journalists, an organization that promotes press freedom, "in the hope that perhaps some good can come of these events."

>"My physical response to your legitimate question was unprofessional, unacceptable, and unlawful," Gianforte said in the letter.
">I made a mistake and humbly ask for your forgiveness."
>Jacobs accepted the apology.
>Jacobs was present and made a statement in the courtroom. Gianforte later asked if he could address Jacobs directly and apologized again.
>"I just want to say I'm sorry and if and when you're ready, I look forward to sitting down with you in DC," he said.

>In his letter, Gianforte stated: "I had no right to respond the way did to your legitimate question about health care policy. You were doing your job."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/greg-gianforte-assault-plea/index.html

Don't fuck with the left. We will take you down.
>>
>>148795
>Don't fuck with the left, we'll take you down

Guy still gets elected
>>
>>148795
Not really he still won.
>>
>>148795
Yeah, no, the Left lost, if you want to even divide it into Left Vs Right, personally I see it as the "everyday American" lost and the "rich political cunt with political connections with the fucking chief Chief of Police" won.

Fucking misdemeanor for tackling and punching someone in the face for asking a question about your shitty policy?
>>
>>148795
Im just impressed to see CNN still exists
>>
>>148830
>Fucking misdemeanor for tackling and punching someone in the face for asking a question about your shitty policy?
You're right, he should have been executed by the police.

6 months probation, a $50,385+ stupidity fine and an accepted apology seems adequate.
>>
>>148830
People are tired of the media, and most people would have probably done the same thing in his position if they were being harassed.

Hes a big boy reporter. He got a bruise and the other guy got fined. All is well that ends well.
>>
>>148845
>Physically assault people I'm "tired of" is alright
>Harassed is being asked questions about your job and your responsibility to the taxpayers of your state
Okay.
>>
>>148849
Doesn't stop liberal protestors
>>
>>148835
Despite Trump's bullshit claims, it's not failing. It's actually doing better than ever.
>>
>>148851
>quick, I have no argument, time to change the topic!
>>
>>148892
What's to argue about?
>>
>>148849
Actually, we want to see the lefties tortured. We own up to the fact that we're the big kid who gives the weak feminine, too smart for you shits (aka liberals) wedgies. Hopefully, this'll learn the liberals a thing or two, since they apparently didn't learn when they were in school thanks to our libtard schools cracking down on bullying.
>>
>>148854
>Despite Trump's bullshit claims, it's not failing. It's actually doing better than ever.
LOL
>>
>>148934
but when the opposite happens, the left is suddenly violent and intolerant. i find it weird that you're posturing on an anonymous site
>>
>>148972
For anonymous praise no less.

Aren't these fucks the same kind that whine about antifa? The group that -literally- thinks the only way to deal with the alt-right is violence?
>>
>>148934
And Gianforte's sentencing shows that you can't get away with that shit. Sorry, buddy, but you cannot defeat the liberals. We will just come back stronger every time.
>>
>>150004
True dat.
>>
>>148973
God is anonymous
>>
>>150004
>Sorry, buddy, but you cannot defeat the liberals. We will just come back stronger every time.
Yup! Everyone knows- if you defeat your political adversaries in elections, your adversaries win.
>>
>>148795
>Don't fuck with the left. We will take you down.
I smiled hard as fuck
>>
>>151574
Yeah. They actually wanted us to elect Trump.

We lost :( guys its over
>>
>>148934
You can always point out the people who have not even pushed someone aggressively by them professing love of torture.

You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>148795
>>Don't fuck with the left. We will take you down.
bait a little harder
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.