[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germany, California to tackle climate change together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1497087893289-a.jpg (451KB, 690x969px) Image search: [Google]
1497087893289-a.jpg
451KB, 690x969px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-climate-germany-california-idUSKBN1910E0

Germany is teaming up with California to cooperate on tackling climate change following the U.S. government's decision to withdraw from the 2015 Paris agreement.

Europe's largest economy and the biggest U.S. state in economic terms will back the work of the "Under 2 Coalition," which includes cities, regional governments and states, German Environment Minister Barbara Hendricks said on Saturday.

"We cannot achieve our climate goals without the engagement of local and regional communities. That has become even clearer after the U.S. withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement," Hendricks said after agreeing on the joint approach with California Governor Edmund Brown in San Francisco.

"California and Germany unite the world leaders in the fight against climate change, the existential threat of our time," Brown said in a statement released by the German ministry.

U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to pull the United States from the landmark 2015 Paris agreement drew anger and condemnation from world leaders and industry.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel last week pledged her country's continued commitment to the agreement, calling the U.S. decision "very regrettable."

Hendricks said the German government would ensure that cities, communities and regions played an important role in the U.N. climate change conference in Bonn in November.
>>
>>148606
Have anyone else read the patis agreement, ยง9 on page 5 is tax.
And the rest is just sharing all your tech and forcing You to aid other countries for free.
>>
>>148606
I fucking hate governor brown. His answer to everything is "we will just add another tax, that will give us more money"
>>
>>148615
m8, wishful thinking won't fix our shitty roads. We need cold, hard, cash.
>>
http://canadafreepress.com/article/gov.-jerry-browns-treasonous-trip-to-china

looks like this has really rustled some trumpkin jimmies

I can only hope my state follows suit
>>
>>148616
If cali is anything like my state, DoT reform would also be nice. The bidding system pretty much ensures that the work is shoddy and quickly out-of-date.
>>
>>148617
It's perfectly within a state's right to align itself with the agreement.

Unless I missed something and conservatives don't want state rights anymore.
>>
>>148620
>Unless I missed something and conservatives don't want state rights anymore.
The party of nihilism will ensure they'll be gone in a second the moment they're inconvenient.
They're already threatening CA because their vehicle emissions standards are too high for them.
>>
>>148616
We already had the money mate.
Then he spent it on welfare handouts to illegal immigrants because its racist to require an is to vote in California.
>>
>>148616
Yes, and we wouldn't need more money for it if the funds we'd already set aside actually went to the roads. This is punishing the taxpayer for government incompetence.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.