[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump scolds Qatar as Tillerson seeks to ease crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1496565627376-a.gif (345KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496565627376-a.gif
345KB, 600x600px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gulf-qatar-sanctions-idUSKBN18Z2ZU

U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday accused Qatar of being a "high level" sponsor of terrorism, potentially hindering the U.S. Department of State's efforts to ease heightening tensions and a blockade of the Gulf nation by Arab states and others.

"The nation of Qatar unfortunately has historically been a funder of terrorism at a very high level," Trump told reporters at the White House.

"So we had a decision to make, do we take the easy road or do we finally take a hard but necessary action. We have to stop the funding of terrorism. I decided ... the time had come to call on Qatar to end its funding," Trump said, adding that he helped plan the Qatar action with Arab leaders after a recent summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

A senior administration official told Reuters earlier this week that the United States had no indication from the Saudis or Emiratis in Riyadh during Trump's visit last month that they would sever ties with Qatar.

The crisis is a major diplomatic test for the United States, which is a close ally of countries on both sides. Trump has called key players in the region since they severed ties with Qatar on Monday.

The Trump administration has given mixed signals on whether to isolate Qatar or bring it into talks with other Gulf nations.

The confrontation in the region intensified on Friday as Arab states tightened their squeeze on Qatar by putting dozens of figures with links to the country on terrorism blacklists, while Qatar's ally Turkey rushed to its side with plans to send troops.

The Pentagon said the blockade was hindering U.S. ability to plan for long-term operations in the region. Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar is home to more than 11,000 U.S. and coalition forces and an important base for the fight against Islamic State. It is the U.S. Air Force's largest base in the region.
>>
>>148324
No lie, the US calling anybody out for funding terrorism is hilarious. We just did an arms deal with Saudi Arabia for fucks sake.
>>
>>148324
I am so proud of Trump. I don't think we realize sometimes with all the memes and media, but Trump is probably the greatest President of all time considering all he is facing.
>>
>>148333
>Trump is probably the greatest President of all time considering all he is facing.
>all he is facing.

90% of "all he is facing" is either real stuff he created, or stuff he made up.
We've had 7 years of steady jobs growth, but he wants to pretend the "real" unemployment rate is 40%.
Obama deported more illegals than any previous president (and NO, not because of changes in any definitions), and DHS reports the number of illegals in the country is down.
But oh noes!!! Only the human Cheeto can save us from the evil Mexicans!
>>
>>148335
Lol. Not bad. 3/10.
>>
>>148335

It's really stuff the media/DNC made up

>Uses 8 year Obama stat vs 4 month Trump stat
>Uses cringe Cheeto joke
>Says oh noes (more cringe)
>>
>>148333
the dumb cunt is gonna put this country through hell. especially if his budget is passed by Congress. he's already decided that we should rely more on coal instead of looking into renewable energy, and every day has a new scandal coming out of the White House. What has he done for the country?
>>148351
>Uses 8 year Obama stat vs 4 month Trump stat
Are you really giving Trump full credit for the growth we've had so far this year? That growth is due almost entirely to Obama's policies. Trump is just going to undo all that
>it's really stuff the media/DNC made up
Nah your boy is just a fucking retard like the majority of his supporters. Have fun sucking his cock, though cuck
>>
>>148508
>Everything my side does is good
>Everything the other side does is bad

Have fun living in a bubble, bubble boi
>>
Why are we going after Qatar? Did they 9-11 us? For real, this whole thing kinda confuses me. Didn't Saudi Arabia start all this shit by sponsoring the 9-11 terrorists? I'm just now hearing the word Qatar, and I did five years in the army and deployed, religiously watch the fucking news almost every day etc etc
>>
>>148520
Qatar and Iran are Shia, Suadi is Sunni. Iran and Qatars government supports Hammas, Hezzbollah, and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Saudi most likely supports ISIS, Taliban - but not in a formal sense. It is suspected that isolated groups and individuals within SA are the culprits.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are also at odds with one another with the war in Yemen and Syria = Qatar is funding Houthi rebels and is funding some fringe rebel groups in Syria in an effort to destabilize the possibility of Saudi Arabia growing ever larger.

Qatar recently fell into straights with the global community after it was revealed publicly that they were involved in massive human trafficking rings and forced human labor. But that has been known for some time - it makes for a nice headline on the papers to swell animosity towards them by the average person.

What you have here is the Iran vs Saudi Arabia conflict rearing its head - and both sides are collecting allies and assuming control of their respective regions to prep for a full on conflict.
>>
>>148324
Don't care about the article but the picture gave me an erection.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.