[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Madrid officially bans 'manspreading' on public transit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: manspreading bill clinton.png (87KB, 320x169px) Image search: [Google]
manspreading bill clinton.png
87KB, 320x169px
http://www.kesq.com/news/odd-news/madrid-officially-bans-manspreading-on-public-transit/531906357

>The city of Madrid, Spain has officially banned the phenomenon known as "manspreading" on all public transit.
>According to Spain's The Local, The Municipal Transportation Company (EMT) announced it will create new signage across all trains, metros and buses to warn against the pose.
>"The new information icon indicates the prohibition of taking a seating position that bothers other people," said the EMT in a statement. "It's to remind transport users to maintain civic responsibility and respect the personal space of everyone on board."
>New York City ran a poster campaign in 2014 with the slogan, "Dude, stop the spread please."
>>
seriously wtf you guys. I thought you told me "manspreading" was just something tumblr SJWs cared about, now it's a thing in the real world? When the fuck is feminism going to die?
>>
>>147974
Nobody told you manspreading was a Tumblr thing. It was already banned in a couple Swedish provinces and a few metropolitan transport networks across the world.
>>
>>147973
>to warn against the pose.

It's not a "pose", it the normal way that men all over the planet sit.
>>
>>147973
Disgusting.
>>
>>147973
>Bans manspreading
>Doesnt ban ass-spreading

Looks like we're all safe?
>>
>>147973
I think you all fail to understand the basic concept here that it is about not taking up multiple seats. That's why the "ban manspreading" campaigns are for public trains with bench-type seats. If it were just about how men sit, you'd think you'd start to see signs or complaints about it at restaurants, wouldn't you? I mean, they're private businesses after all -- customers bitch about being disturbed by other diners for no apparent reason and can get comped for it all the time.
>>
>>147973
Manspreading!??!?! seriously ?! these political idiots.. how about womenspreading?
>>
You can't make a law like this and give such a vague and subjective definition. I'm going over to Tumblr and seeing the response there if you want to join me.
>>
>>147973
Feminists are over playing their hand. This is bad right now but if they keep it up, feminism will be dead in a few years. Most people think issues like "manspreading" are a joke

>>148068
Despite the reputation, Tumblr actually has a lot of MRAs too. There's probably some good discussion there over this
>>
Ya niggas retarded

The point is to not take up space on crowded public transport not some ESJAYDUBUA feminists conspiracy you dumb shitposting shits
>>
>>148059
"""Manspreading""" is literally a masculine sitting position naturally used by most men. If you think a few inches of spread knees is going to ruin your ability to sit then you may be agoraphobic.
>>
Clinton and Nixon were both good presidents.
>>
>>148088
Shitty design causes rascists remarks by confident group of feminists
>>
>>148077
It's such an unimportant issue, that's why it's laughable.

It's like western women / cucks have such a great life that they make a campaign for this because they have nothing better to do

That's not true, they could be hanging ISIS sympathetic refugees in the streets..
>>
>>147973
>>147974
>>147980
>>147981
>>148037
>>148040
Read the fucking artcile, it's fucking clickbait. It's about not taking several seat. the same rule apply to men and women.
>>148088
READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE. Nowhere does the text of the actual rule mention manspreading. It's simply about not taking several seats in a cred public transportation. It doesn't ban opnening you legs as long as you don't bother the poeple sitting next to you.

It's fucking clickbait article
>>
>>148104
>It's such an unimportant issue, that's why it's laughable.
Buddy, courtesy ruls an mural promoting them have existed since forever on publc transportations. Don't take two seat is one of the oldest rule. Nothing new there.
>>
>>148119
If people actually read the news, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now. Idiot radicals on the left, idiot radicals on the right, brothers in ignorance and hatred.
>>
>>148119

This article is so stupid. If someone is being rude at you because you cannot sit properly on public transportantion, just tell him in their face and that's it.

You don't realize that having a law for this is spending contributors money for just 2-3 cucks that feel terrified by "manspreading"?

People is full of shit these days.
>>
>>148133
They're literally just putting up signs advising you not to take up three seats like an asshole. They're not going to prosecute anyone, and you can keep doing it as long as you don't mind people giving you dirty looks, just like you can eat on the subway despite MTA signs telling you not to. How much 'taxpayer money' are a few notices going to cost compared to other government expenses? Who's the oversensitive 'cuck' here?
>>
>>148134
I ride public transit every day. I have never seen a man taking up 3 seats by manspreading, especially not on a crowded car. What I do see are men who have testicles spreading their legs slightly because it's uncomfortable for people with testicles to sit with our legs together. I get that you don't have testicles but try to understand what it's like for those of us who do
>They're not going to prosecute anyone
they arrested at least two people in NYC for manspreading after they enacted that law
>How much 'taxpayer money'
Idk, but in NYC it was over $75k

And on top of that, this is literally just attacking men for being men, all because feminists told them to. The principle is fucked up.
>>
>>148119
>Read the fucking article
>give visits to a shitty clickbait site
No thanks, archive or gtfo.
>>
>>148147
Dude, just read the article. The applies to men and women who take of 3 seats. Not only is it incredibly rude, it's also keeping other people out of the seats/train, which is less money for maintainence of public transpo.
>>
>>148177
READ THE FUCKING GREENTEXT ACTUALLY PROVIDED BY THE OP!
>>
>>148147
>I have never seen a man taking up 3 seats
3, maybe not, but 2, yes.
>>
>>148210
What I see more often are like, 35+ year old women who take the outside seat then just waste the window seat so no one sits next to them.
>>
>>147973
>respect the personal space of everyone on board
>personal space

So personal space should be respected, unless you are a man and you like to sit with your legs apart in which case your personal space is no longer personal, or even yours.
>>
>>148226
You dumb fucking shit if you're on a train or bus and spreading yiur damn legs wide enough to cause discomfort and or take up space and it will then you're a fucking cunt

T. A cunt that has to deal with cunts like that everyday
>>
>>148119
I was responding to the comment, not the article.
>>
>>147973
interesting so should they start banning women from bending over in public or wearing bikini anywhere else but the beach? Or would that be sexism and oversexualizing women? Seriously, fuck this hypocritical b.s.
>>
>>148060
I totally agtee even if it is about sitting position that takes up too much space...to use the word "manspreading" to define it is sexist. if we used a word that was indicitive of an offense with a feminine association, feminists would be on it like flies on shit in the summer.
>>
>>149960
Only the clickbait article labels it like that, not the municipalities.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.