[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weight Crisis is a Hurting National Debt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 0

http://www.triplepundit.com/2016/01/baby-boomer-weight-crisis-crushing-millennials-taxes-debt/

The Roman Empire fell because of the barbarians. The US empire will fall because of fat people.
>>
>>14627
Did you even read the article?
>Baby-Boomer Weight Crisis is Crushing Millennials With Taxes and Debt

Oh yeah I try to help my parents eat healthy and lose weight.

I used to be such a fat fuck as well.
I'm glad I did it for me.
>>
Yes I read the article. It clearly states that Medicare costs, which swallow up a large portion of the federal budget, are ballooning thanks to the high cost of providing health care to obese baby boomers that are entering retirement. We run deficits every year, so yes, the obesity crisis will hurt our federal budget, along with other things of course.
>>
Imagine the havoc fat acceptance will have wreaked by the time millennials are their age.
>>
>>14770
euthanasia will be common by the time I'm old and decrepit. I won't be allowed to age past the point where I'm a 400lb burden on society riding in a mobility scooter.
>>
I know like 7 people that have had that weight loss surgery, one girl as young as 16. That's the new quick patch for the wealthier obese. Anything but learning proper eating habits, it's pretty disgusting.

I don't understand needing to eat more than 1800-2000kcal / day unless you are a /fit/izen bulking or just extremely tall. I eat about 1600-1700kcal / day and I'm a 5' 10" manlet.. I'm hardly starving my BMI is like 20.
>>
>>14627
And liberals want us to pay more for them.
>>
>>14644
Don't worry friend, once bernie wins he will print money by overtaxing all evil companies and then everyone will rich, horray!
>>
>>14644
But Medicare is an entitlement, anon. Surely these people are entitled to the full benefit of the services they fucking paid for.
>>
>>14834
Well jeepers, anon, that was a cracker jack of a story! Perhaps you should put it on your Facebook where people who care can read it!
>>
>>14834
eating a large amount of food (in particular saturated fats, salt, and sugar) releases dopamine and therefore it is less of an issue of satiety and more of one of addiction.

for some people they are prone to addiction or low in dopamine, for some people it is used to assuage depression or stress or other unwanted feelings, for some people it is a genetic problem, and for some people it is a behavioural issue learn from a young age or a moral issue "finish your plate", "don't waste food", etc.

and then there is certain medications that cause weight gain, alcohol seems to cause weight gain in certain individuals, and finally, the often overlooked and intangible stress, which seems to cause weight gain, especially around the abdomen.

add into the mix movements like "Fat acceptance", cheap foods pumped full of calories marketed at children and sugar laden "diet" foods targeted at adults, and the perception that "weight gain is inevitable once you hit a certain age", then you have a real problem.

it's not as simple as "stop eating more food you disgusting fat shits".
>>
>>14945
That is all true, but end of the day the solution is to "stop eating more food you disgusting shits"
>>
>>15008
Well, then you have to ask yourself, is it more important to solve the problem or to blame the people causing it and scream at them about personal responsibility? Because we already do that with drug addicts and it's an expensive chronic fuck up, whereas with Portugal, for example, they've decriminalized all drugs and treat addiction as a public health issue. It's been going on for a decade now and nobody wants to go back to the American way of thinking. Meanwhile in America the suggestion that sodas be reduced in size or that companies should be responsible with the sugar content of their feed results in millions of fat ass rednecks whining like they've got tits about individual freedom of choice, so Amerilard has made its collective opinion clear.
>>
>>15012
>some people using something wrong means no one should be allowed to use it
I hope you don't live in the US
>>
>>15012
while I still think that "stop eating you fat shits" is still a valid solution to this, you kinda have a point. Amerifat 'food' is fucking terrible, i once ate american bread and i had to check the package twice because i was SURE i accidentaly bought some kind of cake, it was so fucking sweet, not to mention that drinking water instead of soda is practically unheard of and I can guarantee that soda is about as addicting(and i mean addicted as in medical condition, not liking something very much) as booze, maybe more.
So if it's acceptable to feed a child cake and soda then the child is going to be addicted to that shit, so that is a problem.
that said, even if you are addicted to sugar you still have an option to stop being a fat fuck and just force yourself to drop it.
>>
>>15129
This is what I mean.
>>15136
So you have a choice whether to spend less money and time now to get food regulated, on outreach programs to put people on the path to good health, or lots of money and time later when they don't "just stop it" and America had made its choice.
>>
>>15168
>So you have a choice whether to spend less money and time now to get food regulated, on outreach programs to put people on the path to good health, or lots of money and time later when they don't "just stop it" and America had made its choice.
I'm not sure where you really start. How do you suggest food gets regulated? Tax or limit the amount of sugar and garbage food is made?

I always hear that it is expensive to eat healthy, but I'm poor and chicken + vegetables isn't exactly breaking my budget. I'd like to be able to eat more fish but I don't understand people using the excuse "eating healthy is too expensive" or "poor people don't have enough education to know how to eat healthy" ...come'on, every poorfag has a computer and a phone.
>>
i read the article, it said please buy my book :^)
>>
>>15193
Alcohol is taxed based on percentage of alcohol, why not have a graded sales tax for processed food based on nutritional benchmarks? Brazil has a similar system, where beans and rice and oil have almost no tax, and chicken tendies and bacon have higher taxes (based on a number of factors, including how much the food is processed).

There are food deserts, and you have to count for the opportunity cost of meal prep. Poor people often work multiple jobs, and yes, it would be cheaper for them to come home after a twelve hour split and cook for their family, it's often better for the family (this is supported by research) if they get more expensive processed food and spend the time they save with their families. Parental involvement is a factor in healthy development and social mobility.
>>
>>14627
>Rome fell because barbarians
Sure
>>
>>15334
The entire family should be involved in cooking food, it doesn't have to be a trade off. Washing dishes and setting the table were some of my first chores as a kid.
>>
>>15504

lol rome fell because they went full cuck and had everyone else do shit for them
fuck were screwed /murica
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.