[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China vows to stick to climate deal before Trump announcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1490490592812-a.jpg (112KB, 837x683px) Image search: [Google]
1490490592812-a.jpg
112KB, 837x683px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-china-climatechange-idUSKBN18S4FB

China will stick to its commitments on climate change as set out in the Paris Agreement, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said in Berlin on Thursday, hours before President Donald Trump announces whether the United States will withdraw from the deal.

"China will stand by its responsibilities on climate change," Li told reporters in Berlin, according to a German translation, adding it was standing by its international responsibilities and also setting national targets.

Li made the comments at a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who welcomed his pledge.
>>
it seems china has learned its lesson after polluting their own cities to the point you can't even see more than a few meters ahead on bad days and even infants developing lung cancer
>>
>>145671
Seriously. Buddy of mine lived there for 3 years. Every picture in every part of the country is smog. People need to wear masks or excersise indoors.

China is and will continue to be the prominent smog creator well into the future.
>>
It's really heartening to hear that. China seems to have a serious lack of objective EPA. But this is an important step in its own development for exactly that reason. Even as a developing country, it needs to take both science and economic expert opinion seriously to counterbalanced economic growth in the immediate future with the sort of conditions they leave to successive generations of their people. I only wish the culture in our country were so meritocratic and respectful of education and intellectualism, and that we weren't a place where elitism were a dirty word. I'm sure fault is roundly shared by everyone for letting us get to this place.
>>
Lip service. They're just taking advantage of Trump's hard regression on climate to make themselves, a country vilified for their approach to climate, look good.

Show me where it says they're cancelling all the indoor cities they now have 3D printers for.
>>
>>145733
They've been shredding plans for coal-fired plants and have been investing in wind.
>>
>>145733
copied from another thread, but

>China may be the overall number one polluter (accounting for about 30% of global pollution compared to the US's 15%), but the US still beats everyone in per capita pollution. If you calculate pollution per head, the US pollutes 16.5 metric tons per person, versus China at 7.2, EU at 6.8, and the global average at 5. That's why the rest of the world has been getting on the US's case, and why politicians here have been so recalcitrant in adopting any regulations. It would hurt us much more then other nations just because our infrastructure/economy is built with the above waste in mind.

If the US was closer to the average of other industrialized nations, it'd only account for around 6-7% of total pollution.
>>
>>145760
We're also talking about a developing country that only industrialized this century. If fairness is one's dominant concern, our historic contribution makes an equitable agreement to proportionately reduce emissions more than fair.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.