[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan launches its version of GPS satellite to improve location

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1491605533914-a.png (210KB, 1139x832px)
1491605533914-a.png
210KB, 1139x832px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-satellite-idUSKBN18S3WG

Once the four satellites are in orbit, at least one satellite will be flying over Japan for eight hours per day.

Combining with the U.S. GPS and the Japanese system will enhance the stability of receiving radio waves and increase the precision of position information.

The U.S. GPS has a margin of error of about 10 meters (about 33 feet) but together with the Japanese system positioning error will be reduced to only several centimeters (a few inches).

The system is expected to used for such activities as driverless tractors in farming and to help develop automated construction machines.

By fiscal 2023 the government plans to have launched a total of seven satellites into orbit and secure Japan's own GPS system without depending on the U.S. system.
>>
Good story, but only shills live here now.
>>
>>147453
Wouldn't hurt if you contributed more than hateful noise.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/06/05/business/japanese-gps-satellite-potential-generate-%C2%A52-trillion-market-government-says/
>>
>>145659
This is just another conspiracy by Clinton and Soros to MINDcontrol the peoples of Earth.
>>
>>145659
What is Galileo, Alex-san.
It offers 30 cm +/- accuracy and much stronger signals. Why duplicate these services? NAVSTAR, Glonass, Beidou, even the Indians want their own. What a waste of money and resources. :^(
>>
>only two of the posts here aren't bait
For shame
>>
>>145659

Good on you Japan!
>>
>>145659
>7 feet of difference is worth this much
>without relying on the US

W-what are they planning?
>>
>>147749
gundam world order
>>
>>147588
>It offers 30 cm +/- accuracy and much stronger signals. Why duplicate these services? NAVSTAR, Glonass, Beidou, even the Indians want their own. What a waste of money and resources. :^(
if there's a war, nobody wants to depend on access to anyone else's systems to guide their BM
>>
>>147749
>W-what are they planning?
they're planning on still having a GPS system up and running for that fateful day when China, or the USA itself, hacks/off-switches the US GPS system.
>>
Good to hear because google maps constantly fucks up on me trying to get around Tokyo.
>>
>>147798
true, but the US, Russia and China probably have ways of shutting everyone else's satellites down in a second if they want it
>>
>>147588
I asked myself the same question. But apparently the Japanese system is designed to augment, rather than replace, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS etc.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_navigation
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.