[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jeff Sessions says he was advised not to mention Russia meetings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/25/jeff-sessions-claims-he-was-advised-not-to-mention-russia-meetings/

>Attorney General Jeff Sessions is again under fire for concealing his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The former Alabama senator failed to disclose at least two occasions in which he met with high-ranking Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, according to a CNN report.

>In March, Sessions was harshly criticized for claiming during his Senate confirmation hearing that he had had no communication with Russia despite those interactions with Kislyak. Although he recused himself from the FBI’s investigation into Russia as a result of this story, he insisted that “I never had meetings with Russian operatives or Russian intermediaries about the Trump campaign.”

>Ian Prior, a Justice Department spokesman, defended Sessions’ omission from his security clearance forms in a statement reported by The New York Times.

>“As a United States senator, the attorney general met hundreds — if not thousands — of foreign dignitaries and their staff. The attorney general’s staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the F.B.I. investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities,” Prior said.

>Mark Zaid, a Washington attorney who focuses on national security law, told CNN that “a member of Congress would still have to reveal the appropriate foreign government contacts notwithstanding it was on official business.”

>Indeed, as CNN points out, the form that Sessions filled out specifically instructed him to list “any contact” that he or members of his family had had with either a “foreign government” or its “representatives” within the previous seven years.
>>
>>143285
>Inb4 20 posts from people who never filed an SF86

Its pretty common to be told to omit stuff on the form for the sake of time. Unless you are only getting secret your investigater(s) have to go and corroborate whatever you put on the application. I would imagine that due to these meetings being public record the ommission was for the sake of time.
>>
>>143285
>salon
>>
>>143309
Here, is this better?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/politics/jeff-sessions-russians/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29
>>
>>143335
No, the counterfeit news network is not better.
>>
Aw sweet, is Sessions the next to go after Spicer? I hate that guy. What a shill.
>>
>>143294
Perhaps, but is it common to then lie under oath in your subsequent Senate confirmation hearing about it?

"SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

http://time.com/4688494/jeff-sessions-russia-confirmation/

Because I don't see how you can claim you consulted experts who instructed you to omit your meetings with Kislyak from the forms, and ALSO claim you forgot about those same meetings when testifying under oath to congress.

So either Sessions is lying about the former or perjured himself in the latter instance.
>>
>>143418
And for that matter, what is it with Trump Administration members and publicly admitted to felonies? Fucking seriously.
>>
>>143353
Sessions is great you leftist rat
>>
>>143420
They can't help it, they fell for his pretty words. Kind of like Obama really.
>>
>>143426
What's great about him you right wing bootlicker?
>>
>>143429

Everything except his disdain for marijuana.

He's a patriot and a good man.
>>
>>143427
Sessions is a lawyer. I fucking expect a lawyer to not be fucking retarded enough to use an excuse for why he omitted required disclosures on an SF86 which necessarily implies he fucking perjured himself in his fucking confirmation hearing. He should be forced to resign for being a fucking moron, let alone for any wrongdoing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.