[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leftists Destroy Female Business Owners' Burrito Stand Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 1

File: 1490965440445.jpg (87KB, 1842x901px) Image search: [Google]
1490965440445.jpg
87KB, 1842x901px
Two women were recently driven out of business for serving burritos while white.

Millennials Kali Wilgus and Liz “LC” Connelly tasted success for a short while after opening Kooks Burritos in Portland, Oregon, but after their business was featured in a local paper, the duo was hit with an onslaught of negative media attention filled with accusations of "cultural appropriation" from your standard miserable social justice warriors.

Apparently Wilgus and Connelly infringed on the non-existent copyright on burritos.

The women explained to Willamette Week that they traveled to Puerto Nuevo, Mexico, and became obsessed with tortillas, speaking with the local "tortilla ladies" for ingredients and tips.

"I picked the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever, and they showed me a little of what they did," said Connelly. "They told us the basic ingredients, and we saw them moving and stretching the dough similar to how pizza makers do before rolling it out with rolling pins.”

After creating their own spin on the tortilla via a trial-and-error process, the women decided to engage in the American dream and open their own pop-up shop on the weekends. Kooks Burritos was born, and they thrived.

Enter: social justice warriors.

Getting a whiff of Wilgus and Connelly's process of creating tortilla recipes, leftist outlets like Mic.com and The Portland Mercury pounced: painting the female entrepreneurs contributing to society as racist, sticky-fingered villains.

"Because of Portland’s underlying racism, the people who rightly own these traditions and cultures that exist are already treated poorly. These appropriating businesses are erasing and exploiting their already marginalized identities for the purpose of profit and praise," accused The Portland Mercury.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16832/leftists-destroy-female-business-owners-burrito-amanda-prestigiacomo
>>
"People of color are nothing more than an afterthought when the white perpetrators of this tradition continue to do this on a regular basis. While Portland is supposedly a progressive place, super liberal white people usually only have other super white liberal people to answer to—which means this cycle of cultural appropriation will never end until people of color call attention to it," the piece continued.

"These appropriating businesses are erasing and exploiting their already marginalized identities for the purpose of profit and praise," added the outlet.

Soon after, the business was forced into closing its doors, and its online presence has all but disappeared. The Portland Mercury called the closure a "victory."

The closing of Kooks Burritos is deeply disturbing but unsurprising that it was caused by the social justice left. As noted by Ryan James Girdusky of Red Alter Politics, the crusade to punish alleged "cultural appropriation" merely deepens divides and actually works to destroy American culture, rather than enhance it:

By sectioning off ideas deemed “non-white,” social justice warriors are dividing people and destroying culture by forbidding it to blend, evolve, and become embraced as inherently American. ... The war on food is social Marxism masked as a campaign for economic populism and cultural purity. It is just another failed theory that the left has embraced and tried to sell to the masses.
>>
>>143036
>Leftists
Great /pol/bait, Ben.
>>
>>143040
SJW not leftist
???
>>
>>143040
What's bait about it? The term might be loaded but it still applies to these kind of people.
>>
I woupd actually never buy a burrito from a white person
Or eat caribbean food from a non-caribbean

That sorta thing. Is it cooked food for free sure. Buy? Helllllll no
>>
>>143049
That's fine, I'll continue to buy pizza from muslims if it means I can continue to eat delicious burritos from whites and blacks
You just need to stop being so close-minded senpai. Maybe go outside and go experience the joys of diversity and globalism that make this stuff possible.
>>
Wtf is this shit? Sounds like California.
>>
>>143037
>social marxism
Post trashed.
Obviously what happened to those girls isn't right. To pin it on liberal ideology in general is pretty fucking retarded though. Anyone who thinks about "cultures and traditions" in terms of "ownership" should seriously reconsider their position. And liberal politicians should do their best to distance themselves from and denounce stupid shit like this if they want to remain relevant.

None of this means that actual liberalism is bad. And more importantly, none of this makes a case for conservatism.
>>
>>143057
>Post trashed
Stopped reading here, marxist fuck off and die.
>>
>>143049
why do you think some illiterate beaner that doesn't give a fuck about anything beyond snorting coke and fucking his 14 year old girlfriend would know how to make a better burrito than an intelligent go-getting white person that has shown they actually cared about making a good burrito?

if you yourself are white as fuck, why do you think the ingrate illegals in the kitchen are going to want to give you a good burrito even if they could?
>>
>>143057
>Anyone who thinks about "cultures and traditions" in terms of "ownership" should seriously reconsider their position.
spoilers: that is the nu-liberal position. im sorry you think liberalism is still the same thing it was back in the 60s, but now its objectively about segregation on the minority's terms.
>>
>>143057

Your brand of liberalism is becoming the conservative position.
>>
>>143071
Everything's relative I suppose. If you did a survey of the "left" in america, only a tiny minority would be extreme enough to support something like this.
>>
>>143071
Conservatives have been classic libs for decades. But a lot of classical liberals are also anti-American and refuse to identify with patriotism (conservatism).
>>
>>143036
Imagine if they were male instead.
>>
>>143057
>To pin it on liberal ideology in general is pretty fucking retarded though.

Did you not even bother to read the article?;

leftist outlets likeMic.com and The Portland Mercurypounced: paintingthe female entrepreneurs
contributing to society as racist,sticky-fingered villains.

"Because of Portland’s underlying racism, the people who rightly own these traditions and cultures
that exist are already treated poorly. These appropriating businesses areerasing and exploiting
their already marginalized identities for the purpose of profit and praise," accused The Portland
Mercury.

"People of color are nothing more than an afterthought when the white perpetrators of this tradition
continue to do this on a regular basis. While Portland is supposedly a progressive place, super
liberal white people usually only have other super white liberal people to answer to—which means
this cycle of cultural appropriation will never end until people of color call attention to it," the piece
continued.

"These appropriating businesses areerasing and exploitingtheir already marginalized identities for
the purpose of profit and praise," added the outlet.
>>
I'm just going to leave this here, for anyone who wants a giggle. There isn't enough shitposting going on anyway so I'll contribute.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/galanty-miller/theres-only-one-real-diff_b_6135184.html
>>
>>143109
>huffing paint post
>>
>>143055
I literally live in New York and work all over the city

It's just personal preference senpapi

>>143061
That's a lot of assumptions in one post
>>
>>143040
Yes, because Centrists and Rightists give two shits about FOOD APPROPRIATION

>>143049
>it's impossible to learn how to make food if it's not from your culture

That's actually pretty fucking racist man.
>Asians are too fucking stupid to make Pizza but it's ok because Niggers can't roll sushi

The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>143076
It only took that tiny minority to shut down a restaurant.
>>
>>143042
>>143047
You don't understand what "left-wing" actually means in political terms.
SJWs just want there to be more women and minorities among society's ruling class.
The left wants to destroy the idea of a ruling class altogether and let the people rule over themselves. Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine would be examples of leftists, the problem is that the left in the US was violently suppressed by monied interests throughout the 20th and late 19th century and now we're stuck choosing between a right-wing party that panders to minorities and a right-wing party that panders to the majority.
>>
>>143176
Nah the left today wants government to rule in massive ways and sjws want white people to pay for history
>>
>>143177
The definition of left-wing and right-wing politics doesn't change over time, dumbass. The whole problem is that the neoliberal establishment democrats are right-wing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLyfrb15v-Q
The right-wing establishment has obfuscated the definition of the terms in order to hide that fact while spreading ridiculous conspiracy theories like "cultural marxism" to try to scare people away from reading about the actual left and spreading pro-corporate propaganda like the cultish belief that the "free market" will fix everything. It doesn't matter if the establishment Democrats or the Republicans are in office, either way the corporations win and the working class loses.
>>
>>143036
>Millennials
Where in US is that?
>"cultural appropriation"
Holy shit why doesn't this happen in my country? Would really enjoy having half of the kebap kiosks torn down.
>>
>>143036
good news for the minorities, time to fight back against the white supremacy, go non-whites!
>>
>>143191
I've never seen a Kebap Shop run by white people, they all were different shades of brown. One was Asian, I had a giggle.
>>
>>143071
Fuck no. The conservative position right now relies way too much on the supposed superpowers of the free market, plus it represents social conservatism to various degrees, most of which go much too far for my taste.
>>143062
>objectively
Hardly. Sure, there's a movement advocating for what you speak of and it's way too large considering how retarded it is. But there are also many sensible liberals, and you denying their existence won't make them go away.
Plus it's not like the republican party doesn't have its fair share of nutjobs - the difference is that they seem to have much less shame about that fact as well as all their other shortcomings.
>>
>>143178
You're obviously unfamiliar with the four corner political alignment chart. Left and right is different than authority vs freedom.

Also your Ideology is warped and not logical. The free market is the most, to this date, most solid and best premise we've come up with. Every other system entails tyranny of man over men.

Crony capitalism = government married to business. That's what exists today. Lobbyists, corruption, etc.

Cultural Marxism is the denegration of meaning, values, and traditionalism in liu of post modern relativism, via the toppling of the family, religion, national pride, historical insight, and replacing it with the "oppressor vs the oppressee" systems (affirmative action, hate crimes, etc)
>>
>>143057
Left leaning independent..
What the fuck is wrong with sjw's they are the lefts version of neo nazis..they are dumb as a sack of bricks and just continuiosly screacjing over nothing.. i want to take the alt right and sjws and put them in an arena to fight
>>
>>143202
Issue is most republicans are anti free market and love giving tax breaks and subsidies to corporations as well as crony capitalisim. We are also reaching the end of the free markets life span due to automation by 250 40 percent of jobs will be automated this causing mass structural unemployment.
>>
>>143218
You sound like you get all of your information from Reddit futurology and mashable.com

Go read books
>>
So, correct me if I'm wrong or read it incorrectly, but it sounds like they were deemed insensitive because they weren't the right nationality to serve burritos? By this logic, wouldn't electing Obama be racist because the majority of presidents are white?
>>
>>143240
>technology isn't real, we'll always have the same jobs we do now
You sound like you get all of your information from /pol/. Go read e-books.
>>
>>143243
That's the point of Ben Shapiro's clickbait, yes.
>>
>>143049
I really don't care who makes it, as long as it's good. It's not like "Mexican" food made for Americans is the same as authentic Mexican food south of the border.
>>
>>143244
>Strawman
>E-Books

They right the memes themselves, the left
>>
>>143170
>it's impossible to learn how to make food if it's not from your culture
>Asians are too fucking stupid to make Pizza but it's ok because Niggers can't roll sushi

Wow look at these things I didn't say :]
>>
Culture is meaningless anyways. Idk why people get so but hurt about it.

It's basically just "a way to do stuff".
>>
>>143290
You might not have said it, but you clearly implied it, food racist.
>>
>>143296
This isn't b8 at all m8
>>
>>143302
Why be defensive about culture? Explain your position.

The way you manipulate food isn't sacred, it's just learned behavior passed down.
>>
>>143304
>Using greedy reductionism as an arguement
I hope a pile of plastic, steel and rubber slightly modifies the arrangement of your molecules to closer resemble boiled oats.
>>
>>143304
This. Culture is meant to be shared. If a white guy rolls a burrito, no one should get butt hurt over it.

As a burger, I get a feeling of pride whenever I see a McDonald's over seas staffed entirely by locals. Sjws need to be more like that with other cultures.

If only the entire world would embrace the superior food of burgers
>>
>>143036
I don't even have to taste those burritos to know they're shit

>footlong
>drowning in sauce
>made by hippies

Probably loaded with rice and AIDS. Good riddance.
>>
>>143305
Lol idk what your point even is, you just get hissy

Culture is literally just traditional ways of wearing, eating, cooking, etc. They change constantly and people learn from one another on the best ways of doing things. Culture isn't owned, it's not intellectual property, it's shared
>>
>>143036
Raises a good point, I dont believe many people like the idea of different ethnicities doing the food of other people, because of the impression its not authentic, although truthfully it really comes down to how much you care about the quality of food. People should think about it in the larger context.

Would you go to a Chinese run, Italian restaurant ?

A White owned Indian restaurant ?

An Indian owned Chinese restaurant ?
>>
>>143036
It's not a world with elevated Mexicans.
It's just a world with fewer burritos.
>>
>>143315
As long as the food is good who gives a shit
>>
>>143315
All the cooks at every Chinese restaurant I have been at have been Mexican
>>
>>143315
>a Chinese run, Italian restaurant

Plenty of sushi chefs train with Japanese masters or Japanese-trained masters and are white, Chinese, etc, and then open their own places. A white sushi chef I talked to was a little annoyed that he couldn't get the top gigs after training and being highly certified by such a master because of his looks, whereas his Chinese and other peers did much better.

Then there's the notion of "authenticity." Many famous Chinese food dishes in America were created by 0th-generation Chinese immigrants -- Chop Suey and Kung Pow are famous examples -- are they cultural appropriation because they're made by "Americans" even though the makers were previously Chinese?
>>
>>143036
Just another day in Liberal land.
>>
The example of yoga has been brought up here and in previous news articles.

There is an insane commercialization of yoga in the West, and the name of the practice is used to sell all sorts of shitty clothes and sports equipment, and it is also used in various ridiculous exercise classes that range from dancing to heavy metal to having the temperature lowered while sleeping (seriously!).

The worst part is that yoga instructors can be "certified" from some nefarious organizations simply by paying a $3000 fee without any sort of test or proof of training or practice hours, so it's entirely caveat emptor for the consumer to research that their instructor is part of a reputable non-profit quality-control certification organization, which most consumers aren't aware of.

That said, even as an avid practitioner and advocate of traditional yoga, I would not call any of this "cultural appropriation." I would call this "assholishness on the level of deserving physical punishment, preferably from someone else since I am in a state of unbroken zen."

Any art that wants some semblance of cultural quality control needs to have an international federation that oversees regional chapters who do quality control and instructor certifications, as best demonstrated by the Asian martial arts. They also need decent, modest PR campaigning to ensure that people understand that their cultural base is the one to seek out in practicing their art. For example, if India's Cultural Exchange wants to have more of a say in the promotion of yoga, as they have said they do, they should say to Hollywood that in future movies any depiction of yoga should be at Indian-federation-approved schools and use traditional terminology, and anything like "dog yoga" should be called "dog yoga-based exercise" or something, and Hollywood being all liberal will be more than happy to accommodate.

Anyway, that's my strategy pitch and take on the cultural appropriation bullshit.
>>
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/

opinion piece =/= news article

This is not news. Daily Wire is just a soapbox for Ben Shapiro and people who blindly suck his proverbial dick. Keep your talk radio shit on >>>/pol/
>>
>>143036
Point me to the SJW's right now. I'm going to fuck their shit up. This triggers me.
>>
>>143357
This story happened no matter how much you wish it didn't.
>>
>>143357
But it happened tho

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/05/24/portland-burrito-shop-forced-to-close-amid-accusations-cultural-appropriation-stealing-recipes.html
>>
>>143357
Shove that website up your pussy
>>
I want to make a burrito shop in Portland now called "The Green Chard"
>>
>>143147
If that were true then you would know that there are mexicans pretty much making everything on the island.

Caring about who made it is pointless, all that should matter is whether or not it's good.
>>
>>143071
Meanwhile current conservatives are becoming nationalists. Interesting how things change.
>>
>>143522
Nationialism and classical liberalism are basically the same thing in America
>>
>>143533
In America yes, heartland specifically, but classical liberalism from other countries has also been bleeding into the country due to stuff like education and the internet. Fundamentally they have similar goals, but in practice they can be quite different.
>>
>>143585
>but classical liberalism from other countries
Shut up
>>
>>143357
>This is not news.

This seems to be the standard response here on leftypol; if you can't counter the argument and are losing the debate, simply claim "fake news!", arbitrary declare victory and try and derail the discussion.
>>
>>143037
>By sectioning off ideas deemed “non-white,” social justice warriors are dividing people and destroying culture by forbidding it to blend, evolve, and become embraced as inherently American. ... The war on food is social Marxism masked as a campaign for economic populism and cultural purity. It is just another failed theory that the left has embraced and tried to sell to the masses.

I am more multicultural than the extreme left because I am White and eat Indian food. They might as well be Nazis at this point, since horse shoe theory has done a complete revolution.
>>
>>143036

i am very fine with it. white people should stuck to their jobs..
>>
>>143626
Disgusting, take it BACK
>>
Fuck, wish I heard about this sooner. I live close enough to buy a burrito and piss off SJWs, woulda been win/win.
>>
>>143597
>waaaaaaaaah don't have a different opinion than me
No u, faglord. Liberalism/Conservatism in other countries is fundamentally different compared to what the US has.
>>
>>143626
>should stuck
What the fuck are you?
>>
>>143057
0.02 cents deposited into your account.
>>
>>143076
that was a pretty funny joke senpai
>>
>>143650
I don't care about communist shitholes, or what they call their brand of communism.
>>
>>143817
>classical liberalism is communism
This is why no one takes you seriously.
>>
>>143822
I bet you think Eyropeans have free speech just because they call their laws refer to "free speech."

I bet you think China isn't communist because they changed their name.
>>
>>143036
>>143037
Can someone explain how exactly they were forced into closing their doors though?
A couple of local news outlets accuse them of cultural appropriation and everyone, regardless of political views just stops going there?
Unless there's a deeper explanation than that I think there's a good chance they might have just been a shitty store.
>>
>>143849
all it takes is enough bad publicity in the minds of the unwashed masses and they won't go there, maybe long enough so you can't pay your bills and you spiral into decline.
Fuck political correctness.
>>
>>143202
>The free market is the most, to this date, most solid and best premise we've come up with. Every other system entails tyranny of man over men.

Jesus christ why do people fall for this fucking meme. You realize america basically had completely uncontrolled free markets around the turn of the century and they will a fucking horrible nightmare for anyone who wasn't well off. Have you ever heard of robber barons? The gilded age? Upton Sinclair's the Jungle? The unregulated free market is what gets you the company store, fingers in your sausage, and a massive underclass of literal corporate slaves.

The problem is that the free market's entire argument is that companies will be chosen by the consumers and they will undertake actions to remain popular and profitable. A sort of business Darwinism. They say this will force companies to be good in order to survive. But this is hardly the case; it will simply force them to have a facade of goodness while they are internally massively corrupt and terrible. Their products will drop in quality to the absolute edge of acceptability, and profit above all else rules. We've seen this time and time again.

Which isn't to say the retarded shit like communism is better. No, the only systems that work have to be a mix. Of ideas. Any "Pure" system collapses because no one ever takes into consideration the evil cunning of mankind.
>>
>>143061
uhm,idk.. maybe because hmm let's see, that food is their native dish and they have probably cooked /ate it most of their life????? Wth is wrong with you? Are yoy daft? Do American know how to make french food better than most french citizens? Do you even unheatlynderstand the stupidit that just from you mouth? You're accusing these leftists as being hateful but ypu clearly have an unheatlgy hatred and loathing of all minorties anyway.
>>
>>143049
Hope you enjoy your salmonella you ignorant motherfucker.
>>
burritos arent even mexican, they are tex mex lmao
>>
>>143830
I think neither of those things you assuming fuck. If anything, I think you're a retard who can't form coherent arguments.
>>
>>143193
>be brown
>just want to get through the day with out any shit heading my way.
> walking down the street and hear some noise. Pray that its a normal human
>nope out pop two sjws.
>all they do is talk about my skin color. Fuck i dont have time to care about this shit.
>they try to lecture me on historical opression.
>bitch please i know about it but i dont fucking want to hate others because of it.
> get diagnosed as a self hating brown person.
>>
>>143240
Self driving trucks and cabs will put millions out of work. And that shits about to pop off in the next 5 years
>>
These people are the future of the Democrat party and why they can never be allowed to gain any power back.
>>
>>143218
Tax cuts at not subsidies
>>
>>143244
Alarmist nonsense
>>
>>143036
Serves them right for being white.
It's not like white women can run a business either, so clearly it was another successful dismantling of patriarchy. Win-win in my book.
>>
>>143306
>a McDonald's over seas staffed entirely by locals
with all profits going back to the US corporate overlords, modern colonialism. American pride indeed!

>superior food of the burgers
*giggle*
>>
>>143318
>>143036
this! and the OP business shutdown is ridiculous. There are dozens of burrito carts in Portland, most run by the ethnic majority simply because they are the majority! Why were Kooks singled out?
>>
>>143042
They are the same
>>
>>143830
Lolwut? Calling China 'communist' in this century is about as accurate as calling a chicken a dinosaur. If anything, it's exactly the kind of nationalist capitalist haven Republicans want to make America into; government controlled by the richest and intolerant towards foreigners.
>>
>>144091
Oh yes here comes the college agree Marxist to tell us all what real communism is.
>>
>>143178
You, sir, are very rare thing.
You, sir, are a smart man
>>
>>143178

>government entities are part of the "free market"

Could you stop.
>>
>>144095
It's so disgusting how the lefty communist kiss each others asses
>>
>>144150
that's how they control the means of production
>>
I am Mexican and most people here don't even know what burritos are. If anything the idea you gringos have of what a burrito should look and taste like is a completely American creation.

Now tacos are a different thing, I don't care if you try to sell tacos as long as they're not disgusting hard tortilla monstrosities with sour cream and fucking cabbage.
>>
100 bucks says the witch hunters involed with this were white liberals.

The craziest sjw nonsense always goes back to white liberal women. Except those blacklivesmatter riots.
>>
>"Because of Portland’s underlying racism, the people who rightly own these traditions and cultures that exist are already treated poorly. These appropriating businesses are erasing and exploiting their already marginalized identities for the purpose of profit and praise,"
>for the purpose of profit and praise

What happens when Portland starts swaying to socialism?

>Because of Portland’s underlying racism
What?
>>
>>143315
I'd go to any type of restaurant ran by white people, because they're more likely to be sanitary and put care into their work.
>>
>>144263
I live in Italy and it's the same with "Italian" food you find in the US. I hear you, man.
>>
>>144278
>What?
The underlying need to define everything by race or sex is racism or sexism, respectively. The whole liberal movement of the left is fundamentally racist and sexist, because they are always prejudging everything based on race and/or sex.
>>
Cultural Marxism; as defined by the destruction of the west and rejection of the "individual".

The left like to see people as representatives of their color and sex, not as unique people. In this way, lefties are super racist. These girls should have been celebrated for starting a business. Instead the left shits on them for post modernist ideological bullshit.
>>
>>144263
>Now tacos are a different thing, I don't care if you try to sell tacos as long as they're not disgusting hard tortilla monstrosities with sour cream and fucking cabbage.

-nothing wrong with sour cream
-cortido (fermented cabbage like sauerkraut/kimchi) is heavenly
----HOWEVER----hard taco shells are literally taco bell tier 0/10 go back to fuckin gaia
>>
There's an organic hippie etc burrito place that opened near me and its next level. Mexican owned taquerias typically use the worst and cheapest ingredients you can buy.

non-organic meat is disugsting
>>
>>145046
what's wrong with hard taco shells
for that matter what's wrong with taco bell
both great mate, long as you're aware of what you're putting in your system
>>
>Burrito
>Mexican
>>
>Article starts with 'Millennials'

>>/trash/
>>
>>143319

Likewise, one of my favorite restaurants is Taiwanese and the owners speak 3 languages: Chinese, English, and Spanish to communicate with their employees.
>>
>>143290
Well then what the fuck were you trying to imply when you said you'd never buy food from someone if the food they were making wasn't part of their culture?

You clearly fucking said that a black man's sushi isn't good enough for you to buy. You can tart that up however you please, but that's what you said.
>>
>>143315
Yes. Yes I would eat at all those restaurants because I'm not so fucking stupid that I think the secret ingredient in Chinese food is their goddamn sweat, like their literal sweat going into the food as they're cooking, or whatever the fuck you idiots think of when you want something "ORFENDIG :DD"

Here's a question for you. Would you rather eat at a Chinese restaurant run by a Chinese guy who can't cook for shit? Burns the sauces and undercooks the rice? Or a Chinese restaurant run by a Caribbean guy who actually knows how to cook the food he sells?
>>
>>143036
There are a wide variety of sorts of "leftists" just as there are "rightists" or whatever term you prefer. these two parties are massive coalitions which take pains to find a commonly agreeable political goal in return for political support. This support is necessary in a winner takes all system, as those with like-goals recieve nothing for refusing to collaborate; even if it means with those they personally disagree with.

Which is why the conservative party consists of conservative-minded minorities and the people who want them deported. They agree through participation in the democratic system, that their shared goals and political identity is more important than their conflicts.

In a winner-take-all system where it's one vote or nothing, there is too much risk involved for people not to act out this kind of risk aversion. So any coalitions will grow until they are totally insolvent with all other existing groups, or until the conditions that necessitate their collaboration change.

Thus: Don't group me in with those fucking cunts just because I dislike reaganomics. Conservatives had the PC mantle a decade ago. Now the left took it up. That's just virtue signalling behavior that exists regardless of political belief.
>>
>>147900
That's a common word that's used regularly by media outlets, anon.
>>
>>143061
just like how illiterate blacks cant make better jazz than intellectual whites right?
>>
>>143091
They would be killed.
>>
>>147995
>Which is why the conservative party consists of conservative-minded minorities and the people who want them deported.
straw man. conservatives only want to deport illegals.
>>
>>143178
corporations are part of the working class, you welfare child. Grow up the ¨evil¨ corporations are not destroying the working class. Socialist taxing and encouragement of do nothing children like you through public assistance programs is.
>>
>>147995
Really the left and right are a mix of both along a wide spectrum that doesn't exist in the public anymore, and the Globalist elite like it that way.
>>
>>144057
No one is forcing them to eat the burgers anon.
Why do you think it is so popular? Subway needs a burger option.
Also >>143036
fuck progressives pretending to have traditional values. Mind your own business and let them continue theirs
>>
It looks like the Portland Mercury took down the hit piece as of 5/31/17.

>>143849
>Can someone explain how exactly they were forced into closing their doors though?

A lot of the people that live in Portland though are extremely vindictive over seemingly innocuous things (cultural appropriation, proper pronouns etc). They were probably harassed in some way.
>>
>>143036
Unless you're cooking up a time-honored recipe on the Food Network while actively lying that your ancestors invented it, or announce to your fans on your world rap tour that black rappers owe you recognition for single-handedly creating it, cultural appropriation is a stupid concept.

I swear the fringe left has fringe-left the building in this country. They feverishly seek out any form of imagined exploitation at the cost of cultural enrichment and economic success. You'd think a faction so firmly principled around multiculturalism would understand that. We're either a multicultural salad bowl or we are segregated–make your choice because you can't have both.

Anyway, a community that tears town its most aspiring talent for the sake of Oppression Olympics is no place I want to live.
>>
>>145047
All meat is "organic" cock muffin. Show me some non-organic meat pls. If you link that lab where they grew the burger I will find you and rape you.
>>
>some people said bad stuff about them online, then they had to close
I get the impression the real reason they closed is not many people liked the food
>>
>>143036
> "Leftists destroy..."
They just stopped eating there you stupid bitch, it's not like they ripped the stand apart.
>>
>>149062
> "They were probably harassed in some way"
Good contribution nigger - pure, unadulterated speculation. Let me try:

> Trump probably sucked Putin's cock a couple of times.

Now we're rolling with steam!
>>
>>149150
>Being this butthurt over leftists being intolerant and Russian collusion narrative falling apart

Maybe a break from your computer would help.
>>
>>149150
Of course it was speculation. What else would it be?

I think it's nice that people on 4chan consistently demand deductive, black and white logic. It really makes me think.
>>
>>143176
>The left wants to destroy the idea of a ruling class altogether and let the people rule over themselves.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>143340
But globalism is spooky and I should be able to con parents into sending their children to self-defense bullshido classes.
>>
>>143036
WHY WOULD PEOPLE DO THIS
All latinos want our shitty culture to become famous so people stop thinking we're niggers, monkeys and coke dealers
>>
>>143946
FINALLY.

ONE GUY GETS IT.

These ignorant shits of humans that think the current way is the best way are forever lost.
>>>tldr
>The only way to fix society is to mix economic systems.
>Pure economic systems are bound to fail due to greed.
>people are inherently shit and require boundaries.
>only moderatism will ever work
>>
Mexican here, Burritos are made by northern mexicans who are mostly white, brown mexicans dislike the taste of the wheat flour tortilla.
>>
>>149407
The disdain for man and loathing of human nature is where despotic and tyrannical men begin their quest for a better world. Be cautious.
>>
>>143036
I bet you everyone who complained about it was white.
>>
>>143040
why do you cunts always ruin /news/?
>>
>>149440
ah, finally a voice of reason, thanks.
>>
>>144091
Chickens objectively are dinosaurs though and China is objectively communist just because commerce exists doesn't negate that whenthe state still controls everything and commerce is still illegal. Do you think Ivan wasn't selling vodka to his neighbors in the USSR?
>>
>>143042
conflating to two is a tool used to control you
to harness your anger for one and direct it at the other
>>
>>143176

>democrats
>right-wing

Heh. I think you meant to say

>Republicans
>left-wing

If either party was actually right-wing, their core message would be ending all government handouts.
>>
>>143036
This is stupid as fuck on all sides.

The girls didn't need to close business if it was going so swell.

Faggots actually bothered to call em racist over making a burrito! Oh wow stop me from making a crepe because I'm not french or preparing cup noodles because I'm not asian!

How's it racist saying," not having Mexicans prep burritos is racist", cute! Real fucking cute! Especially coming from idiots without an idea of what they're saying before they begin speaking. Might as well be fucking howler monkeys howling at everything.

Why does the daily-wire bother to spin it as the left had anything to do with it? Other than unnecessary chauvinism to bolster their egos and righteousness?

Please spare me you're political mud slinging, it's not like every on the left is brain dead including the right, we're adults that have to outline truths when something actually matters.

There are obviously people on the left who are going to say those jerks are radical left at Mic.com and The Portland Mercury and etc. like you have your radical right with this publications and would agree with you're right like sensible people. So fuck off with you're bullshit.
>>
>>143036
>>151770
And come back when you want to walk up right and we'll talk like true men.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.