[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Republic of China on Taiwan becomes the first country to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: CaiEnglish.jpg (535KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CaiEnglish.jpg
535KB, 1200x800px
Taiwan is set to be the first place in Asia to allow gay marriage after a landmark ruling by the island’s constitutional court.

The court said existing laws stipulating that wedlock must be between a man and a woman “was in violation of both the people’s freedom of marriage...and the people’s right to equality”.

“Sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic that is immutable to change,” said the court, also known as the Judicial Yuan. “The freedom of marriage for two persons of the same sex...will constitute the collective basis, together with opposite-sex marriage, for a stable society.”

Members of China’s LGBT community hailed the ruling. “It will form an important part of our strategy for the LGBT rights movement in China and be a good guide for Chinese law,” said Wei Xiaogang, executive director of Beijing Gender, a non-governmental organisation that lobbies for LGBT rights.

“Mainland couples will go to Taiwan to get married,” Mr Wei predicted. “And Taiwanese LGBT people will be able to marry their mainland partners.”
https://www.ft.com/content/06a8fb16-406b-11e7-9d56-25f963e998b2

Is this what Sun Yat-Sen intended?
>>
>>142915
Neato
>>
>>142915
China's gonna become more free than the us in the next 10 years, callin it now
>>
>>142931
This is about all this news warrants
>>
>>142935
So no-one cares about fag marriage?
>>
>>142915
>Is this what Sun Yat-Sen intended?
No!
They took the blue pill of degeneracy.
>>142932
Already is in some aspects
>>
>>142932
As long you dont break the law... *dude sex plays*
>>
>>142932
Hong Kong already is more free. Mainland China won't come close.
>>
>>143159
You mean Taiwan, I assume.
>>
LOL, SUCKERS!!!!
>>
>>142915
Is there a non-paywall link?

>Is this what Sun Yat-Sen intended?
What the fuck does this have to do with anything? How about it in the US -- is this what George Washington intended?
>>
>>142931
This. Good for those guy, plus is pisses off that one group I hate. You know the one.
>>
>>143348
I'm sure Georgie knew plenty of fags in the military. If he was bothered by it then he would probably ave legislated about it, but he didn't.
>>
>>142915
A court ruling doesn't legalize it.

That requires multiple new laws and administrative regulations first. Courts don't make laws.

Good fake news though.
>>
>>143689
The Highest Court can rule on the legality of an issue under the Constitution. They can't legislate it but they can make it legal.

>>143159
In some ways, Yes but at the same time it also has laws against buggery.

>>143138
Come to think SYS was a Christian and so was much of the initial generation of intellectuals and leaders.

At the same time though I've read about a form of gay marriage in Fujian (whom the majority of Taiwanese have roots to).
>>
>>143738
Same as the US system? Lots of democracies are based off the US so I'm just wondering how similar it is.
>>
>>142915
>“Sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic that is immutable to change,”
no its not.
>>
>>142915
>Sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic that is immutable to change
Think you're born gay? Try being born again

Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” -John 3:3
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.