[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obama’s Own Secretary Of Defense Thinks Trump’s Islam Speech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 1

Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates contrasted President Donald Trump’s Sunday speech on Islam to the 2009 Cairo speech by former President Barack Obama, at a Foundation for Defense of Democracies conference Tuesday.

“It clearly set us on a different, and in my view better path, than President Obama’s Cairo speech,” Gates declared.

Gates characterized Obama’s 2009 Cairo speech as “basically … put the responsibility on the U.S. for things that had gone wrong.” He contrasted the speech to Trump’s who he thought “put the responsibility on the government’s of [Muslim] countries.”

Gates comments are particularly remarkable since he served as secretary of defense under Obama at the time of the speech. Obama sought to use the 2009 speech to redefine the U.S. relationship with the Muslim world. Trump sought to use his speech to mobilize action by Islamic governments against radical Islamic extremists.

When It Comes to the IoT, Good Analytics Is Everything
When It Comes to the IoT, Good Analytics Is Everything
UPS on Supply Chain Brain

Gates characterized Trump’s speech as “pretty good,” saying “this is good versus evil, you know who these people are, and drive them out.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/23/trumps-islam-speech-was-better-than-obamas-his-own-secretary-of-defense-admits/

>>
He continued, “one of the things I liked about the speech is the onus it placed on governments of Islamic countries” adding that these countries need to act against Islamic terrorist groups.

“They need to take steps internally and be more aggressive in rooting these people out,” Gates said of Islamic governments.

Trump’s speech emphasized to Muslim countries that “the nations of the Middle East cannot wait for American power to crush this enemy for them. The nations of the Middle East will have to decide what kind of future they want for themselves, for their countries, and for their children.” He continued, “it is a choice between two futures—and it is a choice America CANNOT make for you.”

Obama’s speech conversely declared “I have come here to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in competition.”
>>
>>142614
>When It Comes to the IoT, Good Analytics Is Everything
>When It Comes to the IoT, Good Analytics Is Everything
>UPS on Supply Chain Brain
Whoops sorry about that looks like I left an ad in there.
Don't let this get in the way of our civil discussions :)
>>
>>142614
In 2009, it was the US's responsibility since for several decades we had proxy warred in that region, giving birth to a lot of extremist movements.
Now in 2017, most of the blame does fall on muslim governments because not only do they promote those extreme ideologies, they often suppress others. Saudi Arabia is a prime example, and yet we're still dealing with them. America is still somewhat responsible because of that.

Honestly Gates sounds like an America First idiot. He's praising the speech because it was devoid of US criticism, not because it was true or groundbreaking.
>>
>>142631
Got a problem putting America first?
>>
>>142637
Not necessarily detracting from the cause, but there are a ton of idiots on both sides of the aisle who support the idea.
I'm all for a slightly more isolationist approach that doesn't play world police, but that requires critiquing the current systems and improving them for those purposes (it also requires cooperation from big business, since they could leave at any time, but that's another discussion).
Simply ignoring what this country has done in the past is counterintuitive to that idea.
>>
>>142657
So you don't believe in American exceptionalism?

Obama really did a lot of damage U_U
>>
>>142673
Ironic Shitposting is the worst
>>
>>142631
So you're supposed to pepper in self deprication and American critisizm into foreign speeches now?

You sound cucked beyond all measure. Have some pride / backbone every now and then, it's way more attractive
>>
>>142675
reduced to memes already?
>>
>>142631
>Now in 2017, most of the blame does fall on muslim governments because not only do they promote those extreme ideologies, they often suppress others.

But in a lot of cases we're the ones responsible for installing those regimes in the first place.

>tfw you fund terrorists to fight terrorists you funded to fight terrorists you funded to fight terrorists you...
>>
>>142614
Get this OpEd shit outta here.
>>
>>142673
>American exceptionalism
sounds like blind patriotism rather than logical thought.
>>
>>142766
That's not what it means at all. You don't even have to be American or like it to believe that America is special.
>>
>>142614
Obama's damage was so severe to the american nation that most americans are blinded by his charm.. which is insane! now we have a real president who voices out.. and everyone seems to hate his side of truth and what he stands for.. making us great again. Be grateful you live to witness us comeback
>>
>>142766
Ladies and gentlemen, behold the fruits of cultural marxism
>>
>>142657
> Fascism thus repudiates the doctrine of Pacifism — born of a renunciation of struggle and an act of cowardice in the face of sacrifice. War alone brings up to its highest tension all human energy and puts the stamp of nobility upon the people who have the courage to meet it. All other trials are substitutes, which never really put a man in front of himself in the alternative of life and death.

Isolationism isn't the goal, expansion under nuclear lebensraum is. Remember that peace is only a temporary pause in war and is foolish. War makes you strong, war makes you hard, war builds your character.

The globe is a jungle. If you are weak, then a fitter, more ruthless ethnostate will devour and utterly wipe you from history. If you are the devourer, then you will grow stronger. The top of the foodchain are known as empires or reichs. This is the simple calculus of the world, the one you must accept when you take the redpill.
>>
The speech was fine but Trump is too focused on removing the terrorists, which we've been working at for well over a decade now, and not enough focus on preventing self-radicalization.

The real threat is presently not from terrorists entering the country or known terrorists within the country as much as individuals one wouldn't otherwise suspect becoming radicalized.
>>
>>142782
>self-radicalization
This is a myth. All these terrorists communicate with each other.
>>
>>142812
Thank God you don't have any power in this country, you racist fuckhead.
>>
>>142789
Incorrect. See >>142115
>>
>>142924
you don't think he ever chatted with Muslims online?
>>
>>142944
The Muslims didn't talk him into being a fucking nutjob.
>>
>>142960
So you haven't read the koran

It's pretty nuts
>>
>>142774
>War makes you strong, watches you hard, warbuilds your character.

You sound like a rogue general in a bad action movie. I bet you do a lot of airsofting
>>
>>142980
I have, it sits on par with the Bible. Religion in general is nuts, but this kid was out of his gourd way before he found Islam. I'm not defending Islam or is followers, I'm just saying that if he hadn't killed them for being apostates he would have killed them for being nigger loving libcucks.
>>
>>142990
Or if he converted to liberalism and murdered them for being neo-nazis.
>>
>>142990
>it sits on par with the Bible
You have not read the koran or the bible, lying liberal typical shit.

>>142993
Well islam and progressives are like peanut butter and jelly. (The bread is the government)
>>
>>142994
>You have not read the koran or the bible, lying liberal typical shit.
Memes aside, there's no need for name calling. I have read the Bible cover to cover no less than six times. Admittedly, I haven't read the Koran as thoroughly. However, I have read enough of both to know that the Old Testament is more violent, crazy and hateful than the entire Koran.

>Well islam and progressives are like peanut butter and jelly. (The bread is the government)
No argument there.
>>
>>142998
>name calling
It's not "name calling" when I'm accurately describing something.

>he Old Testament is more violent, crazy and hateful than the entire Koran.

See? You're a liar. A liberal. And its typical. I hope you get deported.
>>
>>143011
Prove it.
>>
>>143013
You just said, "the Old Testament is more violent, crazy and hateful than the entire Koran."
>>
>>143017
A true statement. Try to prove me wrong.
>>
>>143017
it's true and the but it's also more inconsistent, vague, and contains easily exploitable loopholes.
Like adultery is forbidden but one can only be convicted of adultery by a council of elders. In so far as one recognized by the Jewish community is not convened, it's essentially not a sin.
>>
>>143026
>>143028
Liberalism is a mental illness
>>
>>143035
>Ad hominem
Not an argument. You've never read the Old Testament or the Quran.
>>
>>143045
Why did you think that was supposed to be an argument?

You've expressed your views. Now I'm expressing mine. You're hella lame and lying like a bitch. It's disgusting, people's lives got ruined and all you can think about is Muslim feelings.
>>
>>143058
It's disgusting, people's lives got ruined and all you can think about is Muslim feelings.
Virtue signaling, nice.

So, not only have you not read the Bible or the Koran, you haven't even read the posts you're responding to, great. I quite simply pointed out that self-radicalization isn't a myth. A kid who was predisposed to radical mentality, subscribed to a radical religion. The religion itself didn't radicalize him and while this is only a hypothetical, he probably would have killed someone without Islam. He we a neo-nazi turned Muslim, how do you imagine he was not already looking for a reason to kill people who he disagreed with? Not that Islam doesn't radicalize people, but this kid was already far gone.
Islam is a terrible religion and should be seen for what it really is.

>Why did you think that was supposed to be an argument?
Because you're supposed to be proving that I'm a liar who has never read the Bible and that the Koran is indeed more crazy, violent and hateful, but you can't.

Acknowledging that the Old Testament is rife with calls to slavery, murder, genocide, torture and rape is not a "view." It's all written out quite plainly. If you had ever actually read the Bible, you would know this.

>You're hella lame and lying like a bitch.
Prove it, dummy.
>>
>>143078
Did you think I was gonna read this much filth from a muslim apologist

I'm not, you stupid faggot haha. You can't possibly have anything insightful to say.
>>
>>143098

>Did you think I was gonna read this much filth from a muslim apologist

It's funny how you can't read.

Though you may actually be more qualified to speak of apologetics than I, as you would eat your own shit if Trump even did much as hint at it being a good idea.

You're only further propagating the notion that conservatives are all ignorant Christians that can't even be bothered to read their own "holy" book.

>I'm not, you stupid faggot haha. You can't possibly have anything insightful to say.

How would you know when you're unwilling, or more likely, unable to read anything longer than a tweet?

Meh, if you're not going to refute the fact that the Old Testament is worse than the Quran, I'll take it you agree.

Which is smart on your part. You're really smart.
>>
>>143104
>It's funny how you can't read.
I can read. I just stop myself early because you're so dumb it's contagious.
>>
>>143108
>I can read. I just stop myself early because you're so dumb it's contagious.
Is that why you've never read the Bible?
>>
>>142614
Its pretty much agreed by everyone who knows shit about foreign policy that Obama knew fuck all what he was doing during his term and spun his wheels.

Its not surprising that Trump showing he wants to go somewhere is better.
>>
>>143058
If he's lying then prove how he is lying. Don't be a bitch.
>>
>>143590
No. It's common knowledge. Google it yourself.
>>
>>143078
Old Testament is Jewish - history + ancient social law + parables

New Testament is Christian - history and teachings of Jesus + letters + revalations

Koran (newer teachings trump older teachings by doctrine) - rife with jihad
>>
>>143599
>Not all religions(religare - to hold back) is bad!
>>
>>143592
Or you can stop deflecting and actually prove it.

Now it just seems like you're lying.
>>
>>143592
Uneducated mongrel.

>>143599
>Old Testament is Jewish - history + ancient social law + parables
This is a vague description meant to discount the atrocities in the book.

>Deuteronomy 17 :If there be found among you, within any of thy gates he LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Or Numbers 31, where God commands the Israelites to attack Midian and kill all the men, all the married women and all the male children but to keep the virgin females as the spoils of war and distribute them among the soldiers. The reason offered for that barbarism? Two Midianite women had allegedly “tempted” two Israelite men to worship other gods. I really could go on.

>New Testament is Christian - history and teachings of Jesus + letters + revalations
Again, you're failing to mention what that actually entails.

>Revaluation 14:20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

Again, I really could go on...

>Koran (newer teachings trump older teachings by doctrine) - rife with jihad
And yet it still isn't as crazy, violent and hateful as the Old Testament.

Your post only further proves my point that modern Christians know very little, if anything of what their own "holy" book contains.

>inb4 "Muslim sympathizer!!!"
Islam is fucking garbage.
>>
>>143652
>stop deflecting and actually prove it
You need me to prove the koran is more violent than the bible?

Go fuck yourself. Like it's my job to sut here educating some faggot who can't even Google for himself.
>>
>>143721
You seem like a muslim sympathizer. But after all that apologizing for Islam you did, you called Islam "garbage."

So here's what I conclude: you are a cowardly lying muslim apologist. Fair?
>>
>>143758
So it's your job to pass unsupported bullshit as fact, based on the faith that google will back you up?

Because if not, then what the fuck are you even doing here.
>>
>>143767
All I did was call out the Muslim apologists bullshit. I can post what ever I want. I'm hungry for peanut butter crackers and milk (gotta eat big).

If you really are looking for information comparing the violence of these religions, I'll post some in a few hours, but only IF this post receives 100 likes
>>
>>143762
I don't know why I go to such lengths to point out what anyone who's actually read the Bible would know. I guess I should thank you for proving the conservatives' affinity for denialism is real.

My initial point still stands and can be summed up quite simply, though you'll still manage to not understand it:

If self-radicalization were a myth as stated by >>142789, then every act of terrorism, large scale or otherwise, was conducted by someone who had been radicalized by, or in contact with Islam. Which is demonstrably false.

So here's what I conclude: you're a high-grade imbecile, who doesn't understand that believing in something does not make it inherently benevolent or true.

Anyways, you've been BTFO by you're own inability to prove any of this wrong.

>>143770
>You must be over the age of 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>143762
>>143770
i'm pretty sure this faggot is trying troll but he doesn't know how to.

like acting retarded=trolling
>>
>>143779
>>143786

I don't know why you think your shitposts will convince anyone that Islam isn't the most violent religion.

You're over there like a fool shouting that the sky is red. Like it's my job to convince you it's blue. Why should I bother with muslim apologists?

You're obviously just a typical psychotic leftist
>>
>>143789
You seem agitated, but I guess that makes sense as you're unable to prove me wrong.

Nice strawman, moron. Also, I'm loving all the ad hominems. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols ring any bells?

Every post has been "Bible vs. Quran" not "Christians vs. Muslims." But I don't suppose you'd know the difference?
>>
>>143796
>You seem agitated
Nah, but I do wish traitors like you would just leave the west.
>>
>>143805
The rack, the rope, and the furnace is the only final answer. If they try to hide or run, we'll track them down and deal with em. They'll be no place for them. This planet could do well to she of 95% of its excess population.
>>
>>143805
>>143826
>and the feebleminded shall inherit the Earth.
>>
>>143828
You can't spot such an obvious false flagging leftist

Truly, you are feeble minded. Let's hope that meme is just a meme.
>>
>>143826
>This planet could do well to she of 95% of its excess population.
>she

Does that mean that 95% of the world will be transformed into women?
>>
>>143829
you sound butt devastated
>>
>>143839
how so?

Did you hear they removed gullible from the dictionary?
>>
>>143841
>Did you hear they removed gullible from the dictionary?

Yeah, I read about it on Breitbart.com
>>
>>143845
You moron hahaha
>>
>>143721
The old testament may be more violent than the koran, but you know what the big difference is: the targets of old testament violence no longer exist (no more midians), while the targets of Koranic violence do (christians, jews and atheists everywhere)

Also, most current christians read the old testament and thank god they don't live under those commands and take only commands from the new testament, while the koran is 100% out of the mouth of Mohammad and all the commands are still viewed as valid.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.