[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graham ‘surprised’ Comey will testify publicly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 0

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/334353-graham-surprised-comey-will-testify-publicly

>Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Friday that he was "surprised" that former FBI Director James Comey had agreed to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee after a special counsel was appointed to oversee the FBI's Russia investigation.

>"I very much appreciate former FBI Director Comey's willingness to publicly testify about his conversations with President Trump and other relevant matters," Graham said in a statement. "I am surprised he will do so given the fact we now have a Special Counsel who will likely be investigating matters related to their conversations."

>But Graham also called for Comey to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee, which the South Carolina Republican sits on, noting that his panel has oversight of the FBI.

>"The Judiciary Committee has primary responsibility for FBI oversight," Graham said. "I certainly want former Director Comey to be able to tell his side of the story in regards to President Trump."

>"I also want to ask him about the massive and repeated leaks coming from the FBI," he added.

>Comey agreed on Friday to testify before the intelligence panel, which is conducting an investigation into Russian efforts to meddle in the 2016 election, as well as possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

>The Judiciary Committee had also invited Comey to testify, but the leaders of that panel said Friday that Comey had declined their invitation. Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) called Comey's refusal "extremely disappointing."

>Comey was abruptly fired by Trump last week, setting off a whirlwind of controversial revelations for the White House, including reports that Trump had asked Comey in February to end the FBI's investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
>>
>Following outcry over Comey's dismissal, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Wednesday appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller to oversee the federal probe into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.
>>
>>141452
What a goddamn shitshow
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.