[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Senators: Comey to testify publicly before intelligence panel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: comey3.jpg (16KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
comey3.jpg
16KB, 620x465px
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/politics/comey-testimony-open-hearing/index.html

>Former FBI Director James Comey will testify publicly before the Senate intelligence committee, committee leaders announced Friday.

>Panel Chairman Richard Burr and Vice Chairman Mark Warner said they will schedule the hearing for after Memorial Day. A date has not been set.

>"The committee looks forward to receiving testimony from the former director on his role in the development of the intelligence community assessment on Russian interference in the 2016 US elections, and I am hopeful that he will clarify for the American people recent events that have been broadly reported in the media," Burr said in a statement.

>Warner said Comey's testimony would help "answer some of the questions that have arisen since Director Comey was so suddenly dismissed by the President."

>Comey's testimony has been sought by numerous congressional committees after news broke last week that he had written a memo stating President Donald Trump had asked him to drop his investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

>But it was still an open question whether Comey would appear publicly, and many lawmakers began to doubt he would testify after the Justice Department named Robert Mueller as special counsel to investigate allegations of collusion between Russian officials and Trump campaign aides in Moscow's efforts to influence the election.

>House oversight committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz announced a hearing next week and invited Comey to testify, but he did so before making contact with Comey, and it's unlikely the former FBI director plans to attend. Chaffetz, who announced Thursday he is leaving Congress at the end of June, has requested Comey's memos, as has the Senate Judiciary Committee.
>>
>>141409
Democrats will push this off as long as possible
>>
I'm looking forward to this. There's going to be some big reveals which will get Trump in all manner of scandals.

I hope it happens right as his trip ends so he comes back and he's in the shit again.
>>
>141409
>Chairman Jason Chaffetz announced
gowdy and chaffetz will reduce comey into a stuttering wreck, comey is in big shit no matter what he says now, either he lied under oath and didn't report this to the DOJ or he has made false claims and will face charges for them.

That is if the FBI and DOJ didn't give out immunities like candy again
>>
I wouldn't be surprised of Comey suddenly dies of natural causes before a date can be set.
>>
>>141409
Comedy's memos are gonna bring a lot down from both sides
>>
The comey memo was so bad that comey actually wrote back agreeing with it. Saying I agree Flynn is a good guy. Then he stated under oath that he has never once been told to stop an investigation in his entire career. This is once again another case of fake news twisting things to support the DNC official narrative lest they take responsibility for clintons loss or talk about things that actually matter. They don't want to talk about the real issues because they are on the wrong side of them as they have chosen to side with the sjws and corporations over the people. Stop falling for the okie doke created to distract and divide the sheep so they can continue as they are without question or scrutiny. The proofs they have on trump isn't even enough to convict a 13 year old midget of stealing a lollipop. Bunch of stupid partisan sheeple
>>
>>141482
that's a misrepresentation of what he stated under oath.
>>
>>141441
>big reveals
I wouldn't get my hopes up. These congress hearings usually aren't as bombastic as one might think they would be judging by the current political and media landscape.

That being said, I always enjoy the oversight hearings. It's like a TV show, with the main characters being Chaffetz, Cummings and Gowdy and some supporting cast members. They're always good for a laugh.
>>
I voted for trump. I consider myself an independent, I browse both /pol/ and reddit, and this whole Russian thing is fucking pathetic and drives me fucking crazy. I don't blame trump for getting rid of Comey. He had many legit reasons to get rid of him, many related to Hillary, but honestly, even if he got rid of him solely because the FBI is placating to the Deep State and Dems and won't let this Russian investigation conclude (because nothing has been turned up and the whole notion is fucking insane), I don't have a problem with that and honestly think that is legitimate reason enough to have fired Comey. Enough with Russia.
>>
>>141722
sometimes I wish this board allowed pics and gif. because I got perfect gif that pretty much displays the bullshit mental gymnastics that you just pulled in one post. I also think this is bait just from the first post alone
>>
>>141416
Why would Dems be pushing it? I don't understand what takes so fuckign long. Would Dems be foaming at the mouth for this?
>>141456
About what specifically?
>>141467
That dudes wrapped in bubble wrap. Then again, 45 leaving town seems too convenient. Like he is setting up alibi.
>>141722
I don't see how people really believe the FBI is going super partisan on this. Just because they're not revealing what they know doesn't imply they don't have anything. They are taking their sweet fucking time, but I imagine the situation is so delicate that it's the only way to operate.
All the lies and clandestine ties aside, the biggest evidence that 45 is being played by Russia IMO, is that Russia is literally the only entity that he hasn't shit all over. He has talked shit about literally everyone and everything. Democrats, republicans, China, women, Paul Ryan, John McCain, he hates Merkel, NATO is useles, NAFTA is bad, coal and Russia are literally the only things he has never shit all over.

I don't think he knows he is being played by Russia, though. He isn't smart enough.
>>
>>141731
Trust me, you don't want that. Look at what happened to /new/.
>>
>>141742
>Trust me, you don't want that. Look at what happened to /new/.
Gotta keep this board a safe space for lefties cause everyone knows they're terrible at memes and would be driven to madness should images be allowed into their safe space.
>>
>>141777
>readingisforfaggots.jpg
>>
>>141777
if we let memes flood this board, wouldn't it just become /pol/ 2.0?
>>
>>141875
yes it would

interesting how the simple act of making one board less fun and more factual makes it more liberal... hmmm
>>
>>141777

Oh, no! Anything but the memes!
>>
>>141731
Unorignal fuck speaking in memes (canned responses)

TITS OR (nvm that) GTFO
>>
>>141740
>Would Dems be foaming at the mouth for this?
No, because it's not a real issue. They just want to pretend it's real. Once they incestigate it'll prove democrats are just anti-Trump traitors.
>>
>>141884
Really mr. facts, what's gender? I am a cat. Do you have a fucking problem with this, shitlord?
>>
>>141722
Sean get back to work
>>
>>141740
dont know if fucking dumb or shill

comeys gonna explain why he couldnt suggest the DOJ prosecute hillary, bc lynch was AG and wouldve tanked the investigation and dragged the evidence down with her
>>
>>141891
No, that makes you a furry. Try again.
>>
>>141884
how do memes make it more liberal/ conservative?it'd make it more about shitposting. both sides are guilty of being full of shit on occasion. whether it's a conservative posting a breitbart article, or a liberal citing an article citing an "unnamed source"
>>
>>141891
*smug anime picture
>>
>>141875
No, it would become /new/, aka, beta-/pol/.
>>
>>141934
My gender is cat you LITERALLY
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.