[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

many injured in new york

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1365100674081.jpg (1MB, 1800x1775px) Image search: [Google]
1365100674081.jpg
1MB, 1800x1775px
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39968710

>A vehicle has driven on to a crowded pavement in New York City's Times Square, reportedly killing one person and injuring several others.

>The driver is in custody and the area has been sealed off, according to the New York Police Department.

>A Reuters witness said at least 10 people were being treated for injuries at the scene.

>The vehicle reportedly jumped the kerb at 7th Avenue and 45th St near the city's popular tourist spot.

News is very much still breaking but Reuters is reporting 1 dead and up to 30 in treatment. Also, it seems to be an accident *so far*. The fact that the driver didnt kill himseld suggests to me at least he wasnt an Islamic terrorist.
>>
in nyc and it's 1 dead 20 injured 13 hospitalized the driver was from the bronx he has two previous dwi
>>
christ imagine being that driver

you are *fucked*
>>
>>140983
imagine being the dead person, fuck the driver
>>
So no islamohysteria?
>>
What if they are making up the whole DWI thing to avoid panic and it's actually a perfectly sober Muslim that was driving the car?
>>
>>140987
dont worry, >>140989 has that covered
>>
>>140989
Who is "they" ? The NYPD?
>>
>>140992
Yes, maybe with orders from the FBI, whoever deals with terrorism.
>>
up to 1 dead 19 hurt now
>>
>>140995
I hate how reactionaries call any old shooting or car accident "terror" now if more than a certain number of people get hurt. I don't know about you pussies but I'm not terrorized by this minor shit.
>>
WNBC-NY reporting it was a drunk 26 year old Puerto Rican guy named Richard Rojas (or Riojas, going by what I heard) with two prior DWIs. Also, he's drunk right now.
>>
>>140981
> https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/865242062085640193/video/1
At 0:12, the newscaster calls the attacker a "GENTLEMAN". There's another word that doesn't mean what I thought it did!
>>
>>141003

Gentlemen is just the formal way to describe a male adult you moron

chill your beans
>>
>>140982
My friend was on the scene and he said at least 1 person dead, a dozen injured and one card stand knocked over.
>>
>>140981
the most visited place in the world and not 1 video of this happening...
>>
>>141011
Tru dat, hamie
>>
>>141011
It's not like the UK where you have cameras everywhere
>>
>>140981
>kerb
>>
>>140998

>was not injured or died
>lol im not terrorized

kay
>>
>>141006
>several gentlemen have hijacked airplanes...

No. Shut up.
>>
>>141077

a) its incredibly petty of you to get so offended over a choice of words. he obviously isnt secretly a supporter of drunkdriving killers, so i dont understand what has upset you about this.

b) in this case it appears what the man did was not malicious but rather criminally reckless. obviously reprehensible, but nowhere near purposefully killing thousands in a premeditated attack. thusly, he is still accorded a basic amount of common courtesy while the facts are still coming out
>>
>>141093
You're naive as shit if you don't think the media pushes a narrative
>>
>>141117

did you respond to the wrong post by mistake? i never said that. i just said that i dont think the newsreader secretly thinks that the man really is an actual gentleman, its just a polite turn of phrase he used by reflex.

have you heard of occam's razor?
>>
>>141122
>i just said that i dont think the newsreader secretly thinks that the man really is an actual gentleman, its just a polite turn of phrase he used by reflex.
This is bull crap. The medias JOB is talking about shit.

In no way is a killer described as a "gentleman" by accident. You think these people are just speaking off the cuff?

They have rules and protocol and of course SCRIPTS.
>>
They probably used that kind phrasing because he's hispanic

Can't let people become aware of the rise drunk driving immigrants! They're saints and conservative!
>>
>>141124
>they have SCRIPTS
>for breaking news
simply wrong im afraid
they have a quick set of bulletpoints on the information known thus far, thats it

>>141126
He wasnt an immigrant though
>>
>>141010
>one card stand knocked over.
Calling fake news. that piece of shit must be cemented to the ground by now
>>
>>140995
In the most recent Bourne movie Tommy Lee Jones was an FBI guy and he was planning to cover up the assassination of some Bill Gates-ish guy by blaming it on Islamic terror. Luckily he didn't succeed.
>>
>>140981
>kerb
what is wrong with you
>>
>>141323
>>141041

thats what the article said
>>
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/kerb
>>
>>141339
I should add there seems to be a misunderstanding of the way British speak with the media downplaying events. Which I admit, the BBC does do, just not in the way some people in this thread have mistakenly believed.
>>
>>141325
yuropoor ips need a range ban.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.