[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Building AIs That Can Create More AIs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: TRUNEWS.com.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TRUNEWS.com.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Is artificial intelligence at the stage where it can replicate itself? According to Google it is.

http://www.trunews.com/article/google-building-ais-that-can-create-more-ais

>At Google I/O, the company’s annual developers conference going on in Mountain View, California, CEO Sundar Pichai said they have developed AIs that are capable of “learning to learn.” That means Google’s is using machine learning models to design new versions.

>The project is part of Google.ai, in which AI will play a part in benefiting every Google product, especially Google Search and Google Assistant and how they work together.

>One main takeaway from the conference Wednesday is Google is moving more towards artificial intelligence and machine learning and away from mobile.

>>“Computing is evolving again. We're moving from mobile first to AI-first. In an AI-first world we are thinking through all our products," said Pichai. "We are building AI-first data centers. We are focused on applying AI to solving problems."

>Google also announced that they are bringing Google Assistant to iphones to provide an alternative to Siri.
>>
>>140711
this is how the Lord of Pain started, fucking TechnoCore
>>
>>140711
The singularity is here, all will be saved.
>>
i'm about ready to let an all-knowing AI do the governing for us
>>
>>140780
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

- Revelation 13:4 KJV
>>
>>140782
>revelation
Dropped.
>>
>>140711
The gray google
>>
>>140782
We're in that state right now, look at all the tittering about MAD. If anything, an AI would be easier for us to make war against since it isn't even human and can't be empathized as easily with.
>>
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/607900/googles-ai-land-grab-mar-a-lagos-awful-cybersecurity-and-making-blood-in-the-labthe/
>>
I'm all for creating Helios, but we still haven't found a way to force everyuser into the equation.
>>
Are these people TRYING to create Skynet? Because this is how you get Skynet.
>>
>>140795
>dragon
>>
>>141408
This is also how you get sexbots, though.

Totally worth the risk.
>>
>>141943
>AI that can create more AIs
>sexbot

oh Joy, now my $26000 sexbot can pump out mini-bots.
>>
>>140711
It baffles me how Google doesn't see this as a bad thing
>>
>>143847

And who is going to get slapped with the maintenance costs of raising/repairing those little AIs?
>>
>>143883
They might, they might not, but here's how every company in this sector is thinking: AI is inevitable and incredibly lucrative ... should we let someone else reap those benefits and set its, or can we be in control of both the AI protocols that will effect humanity in perpetuity and the commiserate profits

That's a hard argument to get past
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.