[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The alt-right unearths an ugly conspiracy theory to distract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2609.jpg (70KB, 754x890px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2609.jpg
70KB, 754x890px
http://mashable.com/2017/05/16/alt-right-old-conspiracy-seth-rich-trump/

Die-hard Donald Trump supporters are facing a choice — start acknowledging that their messiah might not be all that great or go deeper down the rabbit hole of Trumpkin insanity.

Rabbit hole it is.

Conservative media and pro-Trump zealots have begun flooding the internet with a conspiracy theory tied to the July 2016 murder of a Democratic National Committee staffer — just hours after the Washington Post broke the news that Trump had divulged classified intelligence to Russian representatives.

By Tuesday morning, the theory was trending on Twitter and dominated most conservative websites and message boards. The story topped Breitbart and Drudge Report at various times and has completely dominated the front page of /r/The_Donald, a subreddit of particularly faithful Trump supporters.
>>
>>140513
Meanwhile, police and Rich's family have asked for these theories to stop. Snopes has a good in-depth write up of the theory's history and why it is easily debunked.

After the initial burst of theories, Rich's murder floated around the alt-right world for some time until Monday evening. A local Fox affiliate in Washington, D.C., reported that a private investigator (not mentioned in that report — the investigator is also a Fox News contributor) claimed Rich's laptop held evidence of his contact with Wikileaks. Fox News also reported a similar story on Tuesday morning citing a "federal investigator."

Rich's family again rejected the story in a statement to BuzzFeed News.

That was enough to kickstart a groundswell of action from Trump supporters — who just so happened to have found a story to distract from the Post's Trump reporting. The few that did want to acknowledge that issue had a ready retort — the classified intel story was a plant in an effort to hide the update to the Rich story.

The reaction is particularly telling compared to the firing of James Comey. That news was not ignored by die-hard Trump supporters. It was cheered, and cheered loudly. Trump was draining the swamp and pissing off Democrats along the way. That's the guy they voted for.

The reaction is particularly telling compared to the firing of James Comey. That news was not ignored by die-hard Trump supporters. It was cheered, and cheered loudly. Trump was draining the swamp and pissing off Democrats along the way. That's the guy they voted for.

Giving secrets to the Russians during a photo op in the Oval Office? Not as much. That's not the guy they voted for, and they had to figure out how to justify it. They can shout "fake news," for sure. It's even better to concoct something else entirely.
>>
>>140516
And yet even the Seth Rich story is hard to square.

If there was any doubt about how far down their own rabbit hole Trumpkins would be willing to go, Tuesday morning eliminated it. With the president facing a serious crisis over his handling of classified information, the collective decision among conservatives was to retreat to one of its most twisted and paranoid conspiracies. This beyond a denial of reality; it is an outright disassociation with it by the most vocal people in Trump's base.

And the little reality that does make its way in is instantly met with a clear assumption — it is in fact just part of the conspiracy. In this moment, as I look at /r/The_Donald, things are entirely flipped.

The conspiracy is the reality; the small does of reality is the conspiracy.
>>
>>140517

Pretty much this. Olympic grade mental gymnastics we're seeing at the moment.

Seriously, well done.
>>
>>140516
>Snopes has a good in-depth write up of the theory's history and why it is easily debunked.

lol
>>
>their messiah
>deeper down the rabbit hole of Trumpkin insanity
>pro-Trump zealots
>Russia
>Breitbart and Drudge Report and /r/The_Donald,
>conspiracy theory
>snopes
>alt-right
>buzz feed
>die-hard Trump supporters
>secrets Russians Oval Office?
>"fake news"
>rabbit hole Trumpkins
>president crisis
>handling classified information
>collective conservatives
>twisted paranoid conspiracies
>denial of reality disassociation Trump's base
>conspiracy
>/r/The_Donald
>>
>>140525
They came up with this fake news 1 hour after the seth rich story

OPs convoluted bullshit is just more distraction from Seth Rich>>>140182
>>
>>140528
Wrong. The wikileaks release came out 15 minutes after the Washington Post story about Trump giving away secrets yesterday.
>>
>>140513
Mashable? Isn't this a tech blog?
>>
>>140516
They didn't reject the story. They said that the investigators had no right to speak for them and that even if there was a single email that the claim was unsubstantiated.

It sounds more like they don't want it to get out to the public he was a leaker, then it didn't happen.
>>
>>140537
No the seth rich story broke first on Fox 5 an hour later CNN or NYT released their Trump story.
>>
>>140527

Cool buzzwords bro.
>>
>>140513

And let me guess, wikileaks outing the CIA's malware was a distraction too.
>>
>>140562
You're forgetting that WaPo sat on the story for a day to give the white house a chance to respond. They were aware the post was going to publish 24 hours in advance.
>>
>>140565
They're /pol/ trigger words that hurt their feelings.
>>
>>140580
The fox 5 still released first. Also they did respond, Mcmasterson or whatever his name and Tillerson both said he didn't release anything.
>>
I'm loving it, every second of it.

The CIA was a big mean bully when Bush was in office. Patriot Act? Guantanamo? NSA? Torture program? WikiLeaks dumps on all of it and its awesome for the Democrats and libertarians.

Now the DNC is on the block and the left is pissing themselves.

>Russia did it, not an insider!

Lol Russia didn't type the emails

>The emails didn't even matter, they were harmless!

Lol then how did they influence public opinion if they were harmless?

Funny stuff lemme tell ya
>>
>>140582
Yeah, about that
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/05/16/translating-mcmasters-rhetoric-on-the-russia-leak-story/
>>
>>140586
Did conservatives support these things? The intention of a leaker matters. When you're trying to bring public awareness to government corruption, that's a noble goal. When you're serving at the behest of a party trying to sow discord and your leaks purposely contain doctored information, that's overall a bad thing, even if some good things result by coincidence. I think it's good to see shades of grey. Like, if you had the power to leak all my personal conversations, including every lie I told, you could make the argument that I deserve it for having lied, but on the whole that's despicable and I'd hope the parties I lied to in the past would still agree that we shouldn't have a society where that happens, outside of extreme circumstances, like lying on my taxes is unfair but it isn't lying about a murder I committed and got away with. Especially true if you mix in some fake documents just to slander me but argue on the whole your leaks keep me honest for the good of society or some such.
>>
>>140588
God this is pathetic.

They are trying to so hard to spin this shit.

how can
"I was in the room, the secretary of state was in the room, as you know, the deputy adviser for national security, Dina Powell, for strategy was in the room. And none of us felt in any way that that conversation was inappropriate.”"
Or any of the other quotes be construed as dodging the question. All he said was Trump went out of order a little bit but it was related to the conversation. What security risk is there talking about laptop bombs being used by isis?
>>
>>140590
>What security risk is there talking about laptop bombs being used by isis?
Really?
>>
>>140592
When they're talking about collaboration and knowledge, it makes no sense that it's a big deal. The fact that it was outed publicly to begin with means it wasn't a big deal.

WashingtonPost is doing what it's good and that shitty sensational articles to stir the pot.

I lost any inkling of respect I had for Wapo when they released the unvalidated article with Ron Paul being a russian propagandist.
>>
>>140594
The fact is, we don't know how much he shared, because he contradicted his own national security advisor who was in his room and claimed he shared nothing sensitive, and then changed his story.

Even if the information was public, by stating sensitive information to the Russians as president, he is essentially confirming it.

His behavior also gives our allies pause in regard to future collaboration with us. Even the appearance of collusion with an adversarial power has consequences, whether or not Trump has the right to talk about anything.

And while Trump has the right to declassify whatever he wants, he's still beholden to statutory regulation that forbids knowingly disseminating information sensitive for national security with an enemy.

This could have been a rookie mistake, but someone who makes these rookie mistakes can't afford to be president. Let alone if he's under suspicion of collusion with an adversarial government as is.
>>
>>140590
Trump planned for the meeting to be held in secret. If it weren't for a Kremlin photographer flubbing confidentiality then nobody would know about a meeting where Trump discussed intelligence with Russians. The fact that he kept this closed doors, let alone the fact that he allowed Russian government officials into the oval office with electronics, not places a pemanent cloud of doubt over his presidency. Nobody. Knows what else they talked about,if they'll meet again in private, if they'd met in the past and had similar exchanges.
>>
>>140597
Trumps rhetoric has been to establish better relations with russian and to collaborate better to fight Isis. This is surprising to literally no one that he's going to be a little more lax giving them info.

Allies won't do shit, they depend on us for trade and military protection.

> Can't let him near the nuclear codes
>>
>>140600

First off, not all our allies are governments. Many of our most valuable allies are dissidents within their own country wanting to work with the US against their own government.

Next time someone has intelligence to leak, they'll think twice before telling US intelligence. The plant that gave us the information didn't want our goverent to tell other parties about it.
>>
>>140603
> Most valuable allies are dissidents
They still rely on us for trade and military protection and if they are dissidents also aid. Are you retarded?

> Next time someone has intelligence to leak, they'll think twice
Lol, no they won't. We are the only country that will do anything about their leaks. Especially if they aren't allied with russia or china.
>>
>>140606
>They still rely on us for trade and military protection and if they are dissidents also aid. Are you retarded?
I can't tell if you're just incredibly thick or you're purposely being difficult.

>Lol, no they won't. We are the only country that will do anything about their leaks. Especially if they aren't allied with russia or china.

The alternative to leaking to Americans is not leaking to Russia or China, although it's certainly probable there are plenty of dissidents which will accept the benefit of potential custody from the latter if they feel they can't rely upon the Americans.

Another alternative is playing it safe and not leaking to any government at all.
>>
>>140513
>all of this blatantly coordinated Seth Rich damage control

Delicious
>>
>>140652
It's sick
>>
>>140549
>tech blog?
>>140513

For the sake of better janitoring, we should be reporting these threads quickly before they get too deep in discussion, especially since there's 3 other threads on the same topic.

Be vigilant, /news/. Report and ignore.
>>
>>140682
>For the sake of better janitoring, we should be reporting these threads quickly before they get too deep in discussion, especially since there's 3 other threads on the same topic.
Agreed.

>>140182 was the original. Threads like this that are obvious propaganda and damage control SHOULD be pruned.
>>
>>140682
No. I want people to see how insane leftists are

These people would rather start WWIII than accept America's love of Trump
>>
This isn't news. This is pissgate tier journalism
>>
take your bias bullshit to /pol
>>
>>140597
>The fact is, we don't know how much he shared
So what you're saying is you're just assuming that he shared anything at all
Sage BTW, this thread is not news
>>
What I dont get is how is investigating the murder of a DNC staffer do anything to improve Trump's quality as president or lessen Trump's likelihood of being impeached?

Donny doesn't get a pass if Hillary is handcuffed.
>>
>>140700
It invalidates the whole "Russia hacked the DNC to help Trump", and you can plainly tell that they're trying to suppress the story by bringing up stuff that was debunked three months ago, not to mention making 4chan unusable for the last 6 hours.
>>
>>140705
>stuff that was debunked three months ago
What stuff?
>>
>>140589
Are you implying the DNC isn't corrupt at all? Rose colored glasses...
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.