[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North-Korea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (290KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
290KB, 1910x1000px
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/15/asia/north-korea-missile-test/

> North-Korea fires a missile, it lands in the east-ocean, not far away from Japan's ocean. They talk about if it's a failure or not.

Reactions:
> Trump is not happy about it as always. Even mentioned Russia. Asking countries to increase the sanctions to North-Korea.
> The new south korean president Moon Jae-in, called shortly after in for a crise security meeting.
> Japan's prime minister "Abe" is angry at the action and say "This is not acceptable to the country, also they put Tokyo in danger".

I'm sorry. These countries can bark as much as they want (South-Korea, USA, Japan). But they keep repeating themselves. There is no sign that North-Korea are slowing down or stopping. Doesn't matter how hungry or poor they are. The North-Korean people are suffering tremendously due to Kim Jon-un's poor decision making, poor leadership, to the war and all this testing.

How long does this need to last?
CMON WORLD!
>>
>>139689
The correct link:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN1890UO
>>
>>139689
What do you propose op?
What would be an acceptable course of action?
>>
>>139692
Not OP but I think we should just nuke North Korea and be done with it.
>>
> North-Korea fires a missile, it lands in the east-ocean, not far away from Japan's ocean. They talk about if it's a failure or not.
>>
>>139689
>cnn.com

eernal anglo shit fest. not reading at all.

in my opinion wester "world" specially blokade and let north koreans starve because if western fucks let north koreans free trade and simpe exchange they will fuck everyone by all means of evolution.
>>
>>139689
>. Doesn't matter how hungry or poor they are.
Those are mainly memes from when they had trouble after the Soviet Union collapsed and they suffered a famine plus trading loss. The South Korean president is supposed to be far more lenient on the North than the previous one was as well.
>>
>>139695
I'm sure nobody in Seoul will get cancer from that. And the Chinese will sit back and golf clap as we commit genocide on their neighbors/pseudo-allies.

Realistically China is the only one who can twist Kim's arm, all they have to do is cut off coal exports and watch the country collapse. I don't think the current administration is focused enough to diplomatically force China's hand on that front though, considering diplomacy with China has been a shit show even when we don't have a president with incendiary rhetoric. At some point though China will have to come to terms with the massive liability the north represents, and i imagine there'll be consistent pressure from Japan, the South, and Russia to keep Kim on a tighter leash.
>>
>>139709
They're already burning tires an other shit.
>>
>>139695
I'm sure the South Koreans will appreciate decades of nuclear fallout and a tidal wave of desperate, starving refugees. And it definitely won't have repercussions on relations with other Asian countries allied with the US, no siree.

How do people like you move your fingers so much without moving your brain? The idiocy is palpable, even for a shitpost.
>>
>>139689
We'll consider liberating the Norks and bring about an end to this exceptionally long war if there is oil there. None...? Oh well.. ~shrug~ ..moving on then.
>>
>>139802
>expecting a capitalist kleptocracy to do anything without a profit motive
Seriously, it's like you think america stands for freedom and democracy or something. What a silly idea, I haven't a clue where you'd get that impression from
>>
>>139692

America should air drop liberator pistols everywhere. Eventually, the North Koreans would rebel with guns.
>>
>>139692
Diplomatically speaking, the pressure has to come from China. China needs to treat NK like the rest of the world treats NK. China needs speak as aggressively about NK as the rest of the world does.

China is North Korea's lifeline to the world and without them the North Korean ruling class suffers. This is where real change will come from. It's not a popular uprising, the commoners believe Kim is a god. The change will come from dissent among the upper ranks.

Put yourself in the shoes of Kim Jong Un. Brinksmanship is his only choice. He has arguably the comfiest job in the world. An entire population views him as a god. He has a harem of women he can fuck whenever he wants. He can have access to almost any luxury he wishes. You can keep all of this but you need the people on your side. You have to appear defiant to the rest of the world because that is what the Norks want to see.

They want to see NK is the best country in the world despite the rampant poverty so Kim and his friends give them that illusion and kill them if they don't buy it.This population lives in so much fear and delusion and it's been this way for generations. The change will not come from them.

The ruling class, the heads of government and military, likely know the truth. If you can get a group of them to believe they stand a shot at taking control you could potentially at least get a more stable dictator in power. That's the best hope you have in NK and the Chinese are really the only ones who can operate from a position of strength to do this.

Of course all of this is unlikely so the other option is they take a more heavy handed approach. They send in their version of "Sear Team Six" and assassinate him and prop up whoever is loyal enough to them to take the reigns. A Chinese puppet in the region is much easier to deal with than what we have now.
>>
>>139692

We should totally rek north korea and install a new leader! That always fixes everything!
>>
>>139689
you understand that a war with north korea means nuking its people. this is not better for them because they will not be alive anymore. If you arent alive you cant live and thats a bad thing.
>>
>>139695
Boy this sounds really thought out.
>>
>>139692
I have a feeling that if it comes to blows, the U.S. will be doing a holding action to protect S.K. and Japan while Russia and China race in to take control of N.K.. China will want to keep them as a puppet state, but treat them like the U.S. treats one of their territories. No voting rights, no representation, no immigration, but you do as we say or we remove you from office.
U.S. territories tend to become dirt poor shitholes due to neglect/exploitation. N.K. would become the same under Chinese rule. But China would never want to annex them. For the same reasons the U.S. don't want to have a 51st state. It would cost too much.
>>
>>139904
>hey, let's fund a rebel group
>I'm sure that won't bite us in the ass again!
why is the US so obsessed with being world police when it can't even learn from it's own mistakes?
>>
>>140905

I don't think you get the joke (or at least I assume it's a joke): liberator pistols are total garbage 1-shot pistols that wouldn't do shit to arm anyone. They were made as cheaply produced garbage (2 bucks, 10 cents a unit) to be air-dropped to resistance cells against Axis occupation (which tells you how old they are) so they would have a super basic gun to steal a better gun off a dead sentry. Needless to say this was incredibly optimistic: assuming that you could find an Axis soldier by himself (because gunshots are loud and you'd have nothing to fight off his friends with because of only one shot), you had to get within 8 yards of him to actually hit with the damn thing, at which point you might as well throw a big rock at him (and the rock would be quieter too).

Only 25-30k of the 1 million produced were ever dropped behind enemy lines because Eisenhower and other commanders doubted that they would do much more than damage enemy morale (and even that effect would be questionable).

Giving North Korean peasants liberator pistols would basically be giving the KPA more guns since either the peasants will turn them in for food or the ones who actually tried to use them would just be killed.
>>
China will try to cover NK's tracks as long as they can. The last thing they want is the South claiming it back and having no buffer between them and a US occupied territory.
>>
>>140931
not that anon but thanks for explaining
>>
>>140931
Thanks for educating a shitposter.

Now he can shit up the internet even better.
>>
>>139904
If I was a North Korean and a single-shot pistol fell out of the sky, the first thing I'd point it at would be the back of my throat. A clean death is practically a luxury considering the many, MANY nasty alternatives in that hellhole.
>>
north korea seems like such a joke, if everyone is clamoring how russia interfered with the greatest superpower in the world's elections, how hard could it possibly be to interfere in north korea's politics?

or are we already doing that in order to keep north korea exactly the way it is for whatever reason
>>
>>141954
USA, internet supplants news for most of the nation, internet regularly hacked and false/partial truths regularly injected into mainstream news lines both officially and unofficially, money to fund various politicial factions VERY easy to do, RUSSIA GETS IN.

North Korea, no real internet unless you ARE GOVERNMENT, everything digital and news goes through hand to hand drive drops, smuggling, old Soviet Russia Style trafficing of goods. News completely controlled by government, ANY DISSIDENCE IMMEDIATELY KILLED UP TO 3 generations from source/spoken/recovered sources. Any dissidents tortured/worked/killed/dissapeared/assassinated both on/off Korean Soil. Russia GET?!?! US GET?!?!
>>
>>139709
>>139741
>Not understanding fallout
Nukes on NK soil will just irradiate NK soil, some might get to the stratosphere but it'll be negligible compared to the pollution that's already there.

Not that the US needs nukes to quash the technologically backwards NKA, anyways.

The real problem is that NK could nuke us back, also we'd be killing the people we're ostensibly trying to liberate.
>>
So what, nothing will come of this.
You know why? There has been a mutual benefit for all parties in nk rattling their sabres every couple of years. The west gets to use them as a political device to justify foreign policies and keep attention away from domestic issues, and nk can use this as a "resist the imperialism" to glorify their great leader. There's literally nothing to gain from doing about nk aside from collecting political points
>>
>>140905
it's not a rebel group, it's a whole country
ironically enough, giving everyone in North Korea a free gun would be outdoing their own country's "communism" by a wide margin
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.