[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump plans likely to aggravate U.S. inequality: Nobel winner Deaton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1492324116452-a.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492324116452-a.png
24KB, 240x240px
"Trump plans likely to aggravate U.S. inequality: Nobel winner Deaton" - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g7-ministers-deaton-idUSKBN1890L3

U.S. President Donald Trump's economic policies risk creating growth that mostly benefits the rich and aggravates income inequality in the United States, Nobel Prize-winning economist Angus Deaton said.

Trump was swept to power on promises of help for poorer Americans but Deaton said his proposals to roll back regulations on finance and industry and cut healthcare benefits would mostly help corporate groups with political influence.

Trump's plans to cut taxes and raise trade barriers, if enacted, might give a short-term income boost to some workers but would not deliver the long-term growth that is essential for mitigating the effects of inequality, he said in an interview.

"I don't think any of it is good" for addressing income inequality, said Deaton, a Princeton University professor, who won the Nobel Prize for economics in 2015 for his work on poverty, welfare and consumption.
>>
Does a billionaire president work for billionaires?

more at 11.
>>
>>139376
>nobel prize in economics
it's the swedish central bank prize for economics.
Also, just because you get a nobel prize in economics doesn't mean you know everything about economics all the time. It means you made a substantial discovery or did really good research in the field.
>>
>>139376
Appeal to authority fallacy: the article.
>>
>>139376
"award winning economist has opinion on X"

This is some hard hitting article ya got there OP
>>
>>139390

At the very least, you accept his statements have more authority than an average economist or lay person, as a preeminent expert in his field? Or are qualifications worthless to you?
>>
>>139513
inb4 some iteration of "treasonous liberals have no qualifications and should hang by the neck until dead because all they want to do is drink the blood of sacrificed babies at the altar of moloch"
>>
>Poor people and the middle class actually thought Trump would help them

Kek
>>
So what, Obama got a nobel prize. What a sham that was.
>>
I'd listen to Thomas Sowell over the Swedish economist on any subject.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/davidclarke/2016/12/14-thomas-sowell-quotes-absolutely-destroy-false-claims-liberalism/

Seriously, how can you read these quotes from a truly great American, who is also black, and take issue with them?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.