[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kaspersky Lab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1490146892537-a.jpg (88KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490146892537-a.jpg
88KB, 768x768px
https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2017/05/12/top-u-s-intelligence-officials-dont-trust-woburn.amp.html

Kaspersky Lab, a Russia-based cybersecurity firm with U.S. headquarters in Woburn, got the opposite of a ringing endorsement from America's top intelligence and security officials during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday.

Asked by Sen. Marco Rubio whether they would be comfortable installing Kaspersky software on their own computers, the directors of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, Defense Intelligence Agency, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the Director of National Intelligence each said they would not.

"I am personally aware and involved as the director of the National Security Agency in the Kaspersky Lab issue," NSA Director Mike Rogers said later in the hearing.

The other directors each indicated they were closely watching Kaspersky, which claims 400 million users worldwide, because of the company's Russian roots.
>>
"We're very concerned about it, and we are focused on it closely," said Andrew McCabe, the acting director of the FBI.

The Senate Intelligence Committee, which held today's hearing, wrote a secret memorandum expressing concerns about Kaspersky's ubiquity in U.S. homes and businesses, according to an ABC News report earlier this week.

Eugene Kaspersky, the company's founder and CEO, responded to the officials' remarks during a question-and-answer session on Reddit.

“Once again, I think that due to political reasons, these gentlemen don’t have an option, and are deprived from the opportunity to use the best endpoint security on the market without any real reason or evidence of wrongdoing from our side," Kaspersky said after the issue came up repeatedly. "I would be very happy to testify in front of the Senate, to participate in the hearings and to answer any questions they would decide to ask me.”

It's not the first time Kaspersky Lab has been suspected of ties to the Russian government. A report by Bloomberg News in 2015 noted that Kaspersky had released detailed reports about digital espionage by the U.S., the United Kingdom and Israel, but had paid less attention to Russian tactics. A New York Times report from 2012 also noted that Kaspersky's activism in uncovering and criticizing a cyberweapon likely used by the U.S. was in line with the Russian government's strategy at the time.
>>
Kaspersky has long denied any collaboration with the Russia and did so again on Thursday. The company shared this statement with the Boston Business Journal:

“As a private company, Kaspersky Lab has no ties to any government, and the company has never helped, nor will help, any government in the world with its cyberespionage efforts. The company has a 20 year history in the IT security industry of always abiding by the highest ethical business practices, and Kaspersky Lab believes it is completely unacceptable that the company is being unjustly accused without any hard evidence to back up these false allegations. Kaspersky Lab is available to assist all concerned government organizations with any ongoing investigations, and the company ardently believes a deeper examination of Kaspersky Lab will confirm that these allegations are unfounded.”

Kaspersky's software is also highly regarded among industry analysts, with both Gartner and Forrester ranking it among the best "endpoint" security tools.
>>
From NPR: http://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528135219/4-big-intelligence-stories-you-missed-amid-the-comey-headlines-this-week

The cyber-frustrations of members of Congress and their witnesses are a frequent feature of Intelligence and Armed Services Committee hearings and other national security hearings on the Hill. They seldom, however, get more specific than broad statements and almost never involve the name of a specific problem or company. On Thursday, however, two senators mentioned one in particular: Kaspersky Labs.

The Russian company — which supports NPR and is a provider of security services for its IT systems — has been linked to work for Russia's intelligence agencies. The leaders of the House Oversight Committee released documents showing payments by Kaspersky to Flynn. Even so, millions of Americans use Kaspersky software, as Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., pointed out to the witnesses — but, he asked, would they run it on their systems?

Here's how they answered:

McCabe, of the FBI: "A resounding no from me."

Pompeo, of the CIA: "No."

Coats, the director of national intelligence: "No, senator."

Rogers, of the NSA: "No, sir."

Stewart, of the Pentagon's DIA: "No, senator."

Cardillo, of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency: "No, sir."

Later, Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., asked the intelligence bosses about Kaspersky again. They repeated their own government systems were safe from any danger, but the DIA's Stewart said he couldn't be sure about all of his contractors. Intelligence and defense contractors have been the sources for huge leaks of secrets from the NSA, CIA and other agencies.
>>
>>139300
>The leaders of the House Oversight Committee released documents showing payments by Kaspersky to Flynn

Is there anyone Flynn isn't getting paid by?
>>
>>139372
Turns out a fired US general can make a lot of money with years of GOV. secrets. I think he tried to keep the numbers small so as not to attract too much attention, hence being paid by several different companies. I really hope he goes to jail, he seems to be a traitor for money.
>>
>>139377
Flynn wasn't your average General, he was head of the DIA under Obama.
>>
I think the American alphabet-Agencies dislike Russian a/v company because of the potential Kaspersky has to expose US digital shenanigans against its own populace.
>>
An opportunity for Symantec/Norton to promote their software....too bad they can't get their shit together to make something that actually works correctly.
>>
>>143081
true, but at least Symantec has a cool blog.
>>
>>143081
Any thoughts on bit defender ?
>>
>>139811
Fun fact: thats what most of kaspersky's papers are about. Look up their age old back and forth with the equation group. They had all but openly accused the NSA of writing the worlds most sophisticated malware for years. After the Vault7 leaks they had enough evidence to just outright accuse the NSA
>>
I would be deeply goncerned too if I were an alphabet agency. So goncerned I might firebomb Kaspersky's office buildings in an attempt to get rid of evidence.
>>
>>143081
That's funny because Kaspersky himself said that the current Kaspersky software is absolute trash piece of shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.