[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf is going on with the airlines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 7ba.png (126KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
7ba.png
126KB, 500x320px
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/i-had-to-pee-in-a-cup-on-a-united-airlines-flight-mom-says/

Wew lad. How far are these Secretaries of the Sky going to use this power to kick anyone out and steal their ticket price?
>>
amazing
>>
I find it appalling that after that big story about the doctor getting dragged off, we have only seen more and more of these airline horror stories. It's like, what the fuck are they thinking? Shouldn't they be playing it safe now that people are keeping a close eye on them?
>>
>>140311
And what are people going to do? Not fly anymore?
>>
>>140400
You could fly Spirit/virgin/jet blue or any other small airline in order to try and pressure the larger ones to change their ways. Other then that we are pretty much hosed in the US
>>
>>140400
Not fly UA anymore... There are other airliners.
>>
>>140435
I got a motorized para glider that fits 1.5 people. We have to stop for fuel a bit because I'm using a gas tank I ripped off my go cart from '87. I'll have to make two trips if you have any luggage and I'm not responsible for missing cargo, etc.
>>
>>140400
You misinterpreted my post. What I mean is, shouldn't the airlines be more careful? Instead they keep getting themselves in the shit by fighting passengers.
>>
>>138886
>>140311
If you've flown more than 4 times, you probably know shit like this happens in airlines all the time. It's a fucking public bus that flies, that's all.

The media is just exploiting the fuck out of it now, since everyone on their phones will click the headline about an airline and its failures just for keks.
>>
the free market is figuring out how much pain we can tolerate before we decide to stay home
>>
>>141391
It's kinda funny, that's all the free market really does. Test pain tolerance
>>
>>140311
This type of shit goes on for years. Its just that when one big incident happens it suddenly seems like the world is on fire to joe blow.

We saw this with cops, with racism, and shootings.
>>
>>140311
>I find it appalling that after that big story about the doctor getting dragged off
At first I was actually on the airline's side about this, then I found out that UA's Contract of Carriage only allowed them to *refuse boarding* due to overbooking, not kick someone off.

In short, the whole situation was UA's fuckup, and they should have accepted responsibility for it to begin with. Home Office could have authorised more money for volunteers.

>>140403
>You could fly Spirit/virgin/jet blue or any other small airline
Make sure to do your research first, smaller airlines often have financial issues which lead them to overwork pilots and neglect maintenance.
>>
>>142630
They wanted alternatives to big airlines and that is really all you got in the US. Ideally if more people used them they would make more and improve quality, but who really knows anymore. I suppose you could choose not to fly at all, but that is really not viable for a lot of jobs.

The problem I had with the overbooking was that they removed a paying customer to be replaced with a free seat. If it were so important to make sure that these workers get their flights, the airline should ensure that there is a seat available for them instead of relying on people missing their flights.
>>
>>141317
>shouldn't the airlines be more careful? Instead they keep getting themselves in the shit by fighting passengers.

It's not entirely the airlines, it's their underpaid staff.

Airline attendant is a shit-tier job, where people who are exhausted, stressed, jet-lagged, or taking emergency flights are your customers. They don't have unions, they get paid relatively shit.

Imagine you had to live on a public Bus and deal with all the people there while your boss breathed down your neck to do everything perfect. Job sucks.
>>
>>141752
Idiot.
>>
>>142639
>If it were so important to make sure that these workers get their flights, the airline should ensure that there is a seat available for them instead of relying on people missing their flights.
It doesn't make sense to never sell to capacity on the off-chance that those seats will be needed for an emergency crew transfer.

Beyond that, there were federal regulations preventing the airline from just cramming the extra person in or finding alternative transport.
>>
These fucks own a monopoly on high speed travel . Thus they can do whatever they want. China built a high speed train system and its cutting the commercial air line market like no other
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.