[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New computers could delete thoughts without your knowledge, experts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/delete-thoughts-read-your-mind-without-your-knowledge-neurotechnology-new-human-rights-laws-a7701661.html

> “Thou canst not touch the freedom of my mind,” wrote the playwright John Milton in 1634.

> But, nearly 400 years later, technological advances in machines that can read our thoughts mean the privacy of our brain is under threat.

> Now two biomedical ethicists are calling for the creation of new human rights laws to ensure people are protected, including “the right to cognitive liberty” and “the right to mental integrity”.

> Scientists have already developed devices capable of telling whether people are politically right-wing or left-wing. In one experiment, researchers were able to read people’s minds to tell with 70 per cent accuracy whether they planned to add or subtract two numbers.

> Facebook also recently revealed it had been secretly working on technology to read people’s minds so they could type by just thinking.

> And medical researchers have managed to connect part of a paralysed man’s brain to a computer to allow him to stimulate muscles in his arm so he could move it and feed himself.

> The ethicists, writing in a paper in the journal Life Sciences, Society and Policy, stressed the “unprecedented opportunities” that would result from the “ubiquitous distribution of cheaper, scalable and easy-to-use neuro-applications” that would make neurotechnology “intricately embedded in our everyday life”.

> However, such devices are open to abuse on a frightening degree, as the academics made clear.

> They warned that “malicious brain-hacking” and “hazardous uses of medical neurotechnology” could require a redefinition of the idea of mental integrity.
>>
>>138633
> “We suggest that in response to emerging neurotechnology possibilities, the right to mental integrity should not exclusively guarantee protection from mental illness or traumatic injury but also from unauthorised intrusions into a person’s mental wellbeing performed through the use of neurotechnology, especially if such intrusions result in physical or mental harm to the neurotechnology user,” the ethicists wrote.

> “The right to mental privacy is a neuro-specific privacy right which protects private or sensitive information in a person’s mind from unauthorised collection, storage, use, or even deletion in digital form or otherwise.”

> And they warned that the techniques were so sophisticated that people’s minds might be being read or interfered with without their knowledge.

> “Illicit intrusions into a person’s mental privacy may not necessarily involve coercion, as they could be performed under the threshold of a persons’ conscious experience,” they wrote in the paper.

> “The same goes for actions involving harm to a person’s mental life or unauthorised modifications of a person’s psychological continuity, which are also facilitated by the ability of emerging neurotechnologies to intervene into a person’s neural processing in absence of the person’s awareness.”

> They proposed four new human rights laws: the right to cognitive liberty, the right to mental privacy, the right to mental integrity and the right to psychological continuity.

> Professor Roberto Andorno, an academic at Zurich University’s law school and a co-author of the paper, said: “Brain imaging technology has already reached a point where there is discussion over its legitimacy in criminal court, for example as a tool for assessing criminal responsibility or even the risk of re-offending.
>>
so does the tinfoil actually work or do you need a lead hat?
>>
>>138633
Another fucking thing that shouldn't have been made that will make man's life much worse in the future. All because monies.The people responsible for this don't deserve any sympathy for what's coming.
>>
>>138668
And of course such technology will be marketed in such a way for the general public to accept it. What garbage. I hope the end isn't too far away. Good thing I'm not bringing life into this hell that you all desire. There is no point at all for this shit and I'm sure one of the biggest selling points will be thought crimes or some bullshit. Meanwhile, the government gains more control and continues with their multiple millennium plan.
>>
>>138639
where do you even buy tinfoil? all I ever see is aluminum foiOMG THEY'RE ON TO US
>>
Social. Media. Has. Gone. Too. Far.
>>
Who's to say they aren't doing it right now
>>
Nice, this is ghost in the shell all over again. Here's to mind hacking friends.
>>
>>138749
ghost in the shell hasn;t happened yet. deus ex hasn't happened yet.The 6 million dollar man hasn't even happened yet. Cool your jets for now
>>
So. How many Shitter followers do you have? Kappa
>>
>>138754
You never know friendo, the US gov has been able to mimic heart attack deaths in assassinations since at least the 80s. That's only when the CIA admitted it during a congressional review.
There's a video of it somewhere, but I cba to find it.
>>
>>138639
I wear mine to work and I havnt noticed any unusual thoughts. Aluminum works but youll have to double up the foil
>>
>I can read a computer screen
>IT MEANS I CAN CHANGE WHAT'S DISPLAYED ON OTHER PEOPLE'S SCREEN
Or not.
>>
So, do I have to wear tinfoil hat to avoid this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/EEG_cap.jpg/220px-EEG_cap.jpg ?
I thought I'd notice if someone were to shave my head and place 3 dozens electrodes plugged into a computer.
>>
I think it is happening already. I sometimes sit down to a computer and forgot what I wanted to do in an instant. Even while during work, I just click from Gmail to work board and it happens. But mainly after youtube videos at home. I´m observing this last two years mainly. Either is the monitor flashing rate or videos.
>>
>>138757

lol. remember that scandal with SEALs who went rouge because they got sick killing random bystanders when american bureaucrats played the "finger snip kill" games on vacation in europe. the shit went viral when the killed mother of 1,5 year old because some american fuck found not ok a child yelling from pain as her teeth went trough.
>>
>>139027
The hell are you talking about?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.