[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korea Prepping EMP Catastrophe Aimed At U.S. Homefront

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: north-korea-flag.jpg (39KB, 1272x718px) Image search: [Google]
north-korea-flag.jpg
39KB, 1272x718px
http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/05/08/exclusive-congressional-expert-north-korea-prepping-emp-warfare-aimed-u-s-homefront/

>Dr. Peter Vincent Pry is executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and is the chief of staff of the Congressional EMP Commission

>Pry pointed to two North Korean satellites that are currently orbiting the U.S. at trajectories he says are optimized for a surprised EMP attack.

>Because we didn’t during the Cold War and even today we still don’t have ballistic missile early radar warnings looking south. We don’t have any national missile defenses to the south. We are blind and defenseless to the south. We can’t see anything coming from that direction. Then when this gets over the United States you light it off so that it does an EMP attack.

>“The April 29 missile launch looks suspiciously like practice for an EMP attack,” Pry wrote. “The missile was fired on a lofted trajectory, to maximize, not range, but climbing to high-altitude as quickly as possible, where it was successfully fused and detonated — testing everything but an actual nuclear warhead.”
>>
>>137825

I've heard experts warn of EMP attacks and other experts say they're blown out of proportion.

I'm not sure who to believe.
>>
>>137825
I'll worry about EMP's when my army is made of robots
>>
>>137875
Yes as your electronics that connect to the electric grid wont be fried and useless
>>
Is there any proof that North Korea has the capabilities to pull this off?

I try really hard not to get paranoid about this stuff and try to rationalize it as just fear mongering but there's that part of me that says "what if?". It seems denying North Korea is almost a meme at this point.
>>
>>137877
So nobody has electricity, big deal. It's not like America is the only country that relies on electronics.

We have the bigger and badder army in any scenario.

The entire globe's armys attack our land directly and we would fend them off with ease.
>>
>>137881

So it's not a big deal that we would die of starvation and the country would turn into complete chaos as people would be killing each other for resources?

No electricity. This means no food, you can't drive anywhere, you can't call anyone, you can't even go on the internet to find anything out or entertain yourself. You just sit there and starve to death. Oh yeah, don't even think about electricity getting fixed. All your shit is fried permanently. Time to go buy new everything.
>>
>>137880
Two North Korean satellites, the KMS-3 and KMS-4 could be reconnaissance or the soviet strategy of emp attack
>>
>>137880
Think of it like this. If they launch a nuke and it doesnt work people wont notice.
>>
>>137869
then again if the tubby tyrant were to strike he would certainty be killed, and I'm pretty sure he likes his life of luxury.
>>
>>137886
>every kind of food needs to be refrigerated

how fucking fat are you? You gonna die without taco pocket?

If someone EMPs the united states, we'll nuke them and reboot our power grid in the same day.
>>
>>137880
then again Iran mentioned emps stikes on amerian soil
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/iran-endorses-nuclear-emp-attack-on-united-states/article/2561733
>>
>>137895
>Iranian military documents describe such a scenario--including a recently translated Iranian military textbook that endorses nuclear EMP attack against the United States.
>>
>>137894
most electronics wont work after a emp attack
>>
>>137898
No shit. How does that translate into starving to death?

I've got canned goods and dry good aplenty. Water is not an issue either.

Is North Korea prepared for a war without electricity? LOL Not even close.
>>
>>137881
>So nobody has electricity, big deal. It's not like America is the only country that relies on electronics.
So the mass looting and deterioration of public order is nothing to worry about?

>The entire globe's armys attack our land directly and we would fend them off with ease.
?????
????
???
??
?
>>
>>137905
>So the mass looting and deterioration of public order is nothing to worry about?
Is that what I said? You think the entire country will plunge into anarchy because the power goes out? Have you never expirenced a power outage before?

>>137905
>?
yes, the U.S. military really is that powerful.

>being afraid of fucking North Korea
lol
>>
>>137909

>You think the entire country will plunge into anarchy because the power goes out? Have you never expirenced a power outage before?

This isn't a simple power outage that gets restored.

This is all your shit getting fried and losing everything. New computer, new TV, new freezer, etc. Think about major grocery stores and their electricity breaking. How long do you think it would take them to replace it? How would they even manage to replace when there's no phones to call on or internet to order equipment with. Car batteries could also potentially get destroyed.
>>
>>137923
Are you suggesting that they can do an EMP so big the entire united states gets fryed
>>
>>137924
Look up Starfish Prime.
>>
>>137926
How about you just tell me how big the range is

giving me homework, wtf
>>
>>137898
Pretty sure most important places like power stations are properly sheilded right?
>>
>>137928
EMP range was conical around 1000-2000km.
>>137924
EMP would fry fuses along the power lines.
>>137923
High-Altitude EM warfare focuses on power lines at an azimuthal angle relative to the EMP. It builds up potential as it travels down the line, causing power surges. The loss of electronics would range from fuses (prefer the use of fast-blow) in urban and suburban regions, wall outlet devices in the rural regions, and transformers along the way.
>>137898
The electronics that won't work are those that don't have a battery or require internet access.

Cell phones would be the first battery-operated devices to stop working, since they typically have a short lifetime relative to the length of power outages. Get a phone power bank for like $20-30 if you don't already have one.

>>137929
The stations themselves are shielded in that they use earth ground on their boxes, but the lines going into them are the weak point.
>>
>>137825
>breitbart
Kill yourself.
>>
>>137952
*drinks your tears*

BLECH too salty. Drink some water ya fat fuck.
>>
>>137869
Well Breitbart isn't an expert so that should be a hint.
>>
>>137929
Dude he's talking about the electronics themselves. Stations would probably be fine but vehicles and gear would be worthless.

EMP doesn't just turn off electronics, it's the equivalent of a heavy power surge that bypasses surge protectors.
>>
isn't most of our stuff solid state? would an emp do anything?
>>
>>137955
wouldn't the metal frame of a car act as a faraday cage?
>>
>>137955
>vehicles
If it's not a modern electro-hybrid samemobile it'll be fine.
>gear

I've yet to see a gun that stops shooting when you unplug it. If our forces end up without working vehicles and night vision they'd only be equal with the DPRK military, but seeing as our guys are actually fed they'd still come out on top.
>>
>>137825
> member of society
> reads Breitbart
r u ok? do u need medicine?
>>
>>137886
Oh yes hunting and farming skills are still alien to us here in the U.S. South.

Honestly if they do hit the South I think we would farm out own food we did it when huricans hot we can do it now.

I hope they hit L.A. with that emo cause then Hollywood would finally have to deal with it
>>
>>137825
>North Korea
>Such a small country
>Was able to scare America...
>>
>>137996
Most of the vehicles built in the 90's have vital electronic components. Good luck finding an even older vehicle for sale that's still in good shape and hasn't rusted to pieces. People tend to hoard antique cars in good condition.
>>
>>137869
Well Breitbart said it so it MUST be true, right?
>>
>>137998
>>138036
I bet you think russia hacked our election, retard.
>>
>>138042
You strawman left and went back to >>>/pol/. You should follow.
>>
>>138047
That does make sense. Why would a commie go to /pol/

Fuckin idiot
>>
>>138067
Because it was a strawman to begin with lke most of your arguments, you troglodyte. >>>/pol/
>>
> Time to go buy new everything.

So, just like Christmas, amIright?
>>
i have an emp box for phones etc
>>
>>138069
There is a difference between a strawman and an insult, you dumbass.
>>
>>137869
>emp
>all electronics go haywire
>no PC
>no internet
>no 4chan
finally, I shall be free...
>>
>>137900
Most of North Korea does not have electricity. So, in a way they are more prepared than the US or any other civilized country.
>>
>>138010
It doesn't matter how many crazies you have, 1 or 100 million, EMP and nuclear weapons are serious business.
>>
>TEL AVIV
Hmmm
>>
>>137909
well, there are a lot of niggers sooooo
>>
>>138109
Maybe you should learn the difference and stop promoting commie strawmen then.
>>
Heres some more updates on The DPPK

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/11/cia-to-focus-on-north-korean-threat-with-new-mission-center.html

>mission center at an undisclosed location that's sole task is to monitor North Korea.

>“Creating the Korea Mission Center allows us to more purposefully integrate and direct CIA efforts against the serious threats to the United States and its allies emanating from North Korea,” CIA Director Mike Pompeo said in a statement. “It also reflects the dynamism and agility that CIA brings to evolving national security challenges.”
>>
>>138998
https://geopoliticalfutures.com/north-korea-crisis-neither-gone-nor-forgotten-1/

> According to Japan’s Kyodo News, a North Korean official who had previously been barred from entering the United States met with former U.S. government officials in Europe. The Japan Times added that the meeting was held in Norway. This is not as abnormal as it would appear. One of the charms of U.S. diplomacy is the deep desire of the president to deny that he is negotiating with adversaries. It is also the deep desire of current government officials not to be seen personally dealing with adversaries, or with potentially noxious subjects. Negotiating with North Korea would generate a media firestorm for the president and might be a career killer for government officials.

The media, regardless of its feelings toward an administration, still has its attention controlled by the administration. This is a paradox we should all ponder. If there is no White House announcement, there is no “crisis.”
But we know the crisis has not dissipated. The status of North Korea’s nuclear program is still an issue, and the United States still must decide what it is going to do about it
>North Korea’s nuclear program is as much of a problem for the United States today as it was a few weeks ago. Despite the media’s boredom with the issue, we are now in the critical phase, where the United States examines the possibilities of both avoiding war and halting North Korea’s nuclear program in its tracks, and permanently. The first phase was the realization of the program’s status, the second was the American roar. The third phase is the quietest and most important because it determines whether there will bea fourth phase, one very loud indeed.

The north
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.