[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOP lawmaker blasts CNN for refusing to air Trump ad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/331825-gop-lawmaker-blasts-cnn-from-house-floor-for-refusing-to-air-trump

>The chairman of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee blasted CNN in a House floor speech Wednesday for refusing to air a Trump campaign ad.

>Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), who regularly delivers House floor speeches critical of the mainstream media, accused CNN of blocking free speech.

>“Are we losing our democracy?” Smith asked.

>“CNN has censored and refused to air an ad by Trump for President claiming that it is inaccurate. Of course, that’s their opinion and they are entitled to it. What they are not entitled to is to violate the Constitution’s protection of free speech,” he said.

>CNN refused to air the Trump reelection campaign ads because it refers to the media as “fake news.”

>"CNN requested that the advertiser remove the false graphic that says mainstream media is 'fake news,'" CNN’s public relations department tweeted Tuesday.

>“The mainstream media is not fake news, and therefore the ad is false. Per our policy, it will be accepted only if that graphic is deleted. Those are the facts.”

>The ad, released two days after President Trump’s 100th day in office, touted the president's accomplishments by claiming that “America has rarely seen such success.” It cites the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, eliminated regulations and Trump’s proposed tax cut.

>“You wouldn’t know it from watching the news,” a narrator says as the words “FAKE NEWS” appear over an image of prominent news anchors.

>Earlier Wednesday, the Trump campaign issued a press release announcing the ad had received more than 1.5 million views on Facebook and YouTube.

>“The American people have fought back against CNN’s censorship,” Michael Glassner, the Trump campaign’s executive director, said in a statement.
>>
>Smith chairs the Media Fairness Caucus, which his office describes as meant to “examine the causes of one-sided reporting” and “develop strategies to combat media bias.”

>Smith urged people in a January House floor speech to “get your news directly from the president” because “it might be the only way to get the unvarnished truth.”
>>
>>136585
>trumpfags are this tsundere for CNN

>I-It's not like I watch you anyway b-baka.
>>
>Free Speech means we get to tell you what to say
>>
>>136597
I've lost the ability to be surprised at this government's shamelessness, but I'm still pretty disgusted.
>>
Is this the ad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZdH2LdLSg
Maybe it's a different channel, but it doesn't have that many views, and it cites mainstream media new sources right before it calls them fake news. This is a joke right?
>>
When it's some tard at a rally, left or right, I can be like oK shut up tard that's not remotely anything to do with free speech.
But this is an elected representative, that makes laws that people are governed by.
Our country is absolutely fucked.
>>
CNN is supposedly a non government entity. Why wouldn't they be able to refuse what is shown on their station?
>>
>>Spend the entire campaign shitting on CNN
>>Call them fake news
>>Waah Waah why won't you run our ads that shit on you?

CNN is a pretty shitty news service but they're usually not so retarded as to run advertisements that call their own network untrustworthy.
>>
The world is laughing at you America.
>>
>>136599
>This is a joke right?
see
>>137185
>>
>>137191
Maybe that was /pol/s plan all along!
29D CHESS PLAY!
>>
>>136599
I can't be because I remember seeing that ad on CNN this week.
>>
>>137195

I think I saw it on CNN, but it's much shorter so I assume the cut out the "fake news" part.

Honestly I don't really get the point of this ad, the election is far away (both midterms and presidential) and support with Trump's base remains above 90%. I doubt an ad like this is going to produce confidence outside his base, nor is it necessary to shore up within the base at this time. Just like those self-congratulatory ads they erroneously aired when they failed to pass healthcare (leading to some embarrassment), this is all just patting themselves on the back while wasting campaign funding when it should have been saved for actual campaigning season.
>>
>>137185

America is laughing at how pathetic the world is right back, bud.
>>
>>136589
>tsundere

stop using this word you fucking weeb
>>
>>137185
I'm not even American, and I can tell you, with the state of the world right now (Europe is basically committing suicide right now), America is the one who should be laughing
>>
>>137209
> Honestly I don't really get the point of this ad
> those self-congratulatory ads

Thats the point. Trump has a dangerous ego deficiency that he must forever top up with media coverage.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.