[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stephen Colbert responds to #FireColbert backlash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 0

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/03/media/stephen-colbert-response-backlash-late-show/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Top+Stories%29

>Stephen Colbert had a lot to say about President Donald Trump on Monday night, which led to an online backlash and some called on CBS to fire the host.

>On Wednesday night's "Late Show," Colbert responded to that backlash.

>"Welcome to 'The Late Show.' I'm your host, Stephen Colbert. Still? I am still the host? I'm still the host!" Colbert said at the top of the show, according to a transcript provided to CNN by CBS.

>Colbert continued, "Now, if you saw my monologue Monday, you know that I was a little upset at Donald Trump for insulting a friend of mine."

>That friend was Colbert's CBS colleague John Dickerson, who Trump abruptly ended a recent interview with in the Oval Office.

>"So at the end of that monologue I had a few choice insults for the president in return. I don't regret that. He, I believe, can take care of himself. I have jokes; he has the launch codes. So, it's a fair fight," Colbert said.

>One of those insults on Monday night's show implied that Trump was taking part in a sexual act with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

>The insult was considered lewd and offensive by some.

>Colbert finished his response by saying he "would change a few words that were cruder than they needed to be."

>But he added, "I'm not going to repeat the phrase, but I just want to say for the record, life is short, and anyone who expresses their love for another person, in their own way, is to me, an American hero. I think we can all agree on that. I hope even the president and I can agree on that. Nothing else. But, that."
>>
What a big ol' faggot.
>>
he should have pivoted into a comment about Donald Trump expressing his love for Putin through oral sex. its not rude, they just love eachother.
>>
Glad to know we have higher standards for late night TV show hosts than presidencies.

;)
>>
The whole thing is dumb, it wasn't even homophobia, he just said Trump sucks Putin's cock, and he said it in front of an audience as a joke. There are more gracious ways to accuse the President of treason, but he's certainly no Joss Whedon.
>>
What a fucking bizarre, sad timeline this is. Donald Trump, a fucking joke from reality TV, was elected president, and is the daily obsession of everyone in america. Something is seriously fucked with this country if 60 million people thought voting for Donald Fucking Trump was their last recourse.
>>
If Putin was a woman, Trump would be a cuntlicker. The joke is Steven using colorful language to illustrate that Trump loves Putin so much that he's always ready to do his dirty work for him. He wasn't making fun of them by calling them gay, in context that doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>136592
>>136600
>>136608
>>136615

"It's ok when my guy does it, not when their guy does it" syndrome
>>
>>136616
Explain. I would love to hear this.
>>
>>136617
Shannon Knoll, comedian, tweets Barron Trump looks like the next school shooter at his school.

Leslie Jones, comedian and actress, makes anti white tweets and separately homophobic slurs toward Milo Youinoppolis. Calls Black Republicans "Uncle Tom's"

Trevor Noah makes anti semitic tweets back in 09'

Bow Wow makes mysoginistic tweet inferring Melania is his bitch and he and his cousin will pimp her out

I mean the list goes on man. Look them up for yourself if you don't believe me. The media goes apeshit when a right winger steps out of line, when a fellow lefty trips up all is silent.

I personally don't think what Colbert said was a huge deal. But it is better to treat all politcal rungs fairly than pick and choose.
>>
>>136625
You're saying even though you don't agree with the treatment, because everyone else is doing it, you should too, or else it's not fair, and that's more important than doing what you think is right.
>>
>>136570

That wasn't a joke though. In fact none of what Colbert has said about Trump so far has been funny at all, just slanderous.
>>
>>136630
And yet, the people laugh. If only they knew!
>>
>>136631
I think they know hating Trump is the "in" thing right now and want to play along. Most of the shittalking is trite.
>>
>>136633
Why do you think shit talking Trump is in? Is it perhaps because he's an unpopular president? inb4 he's only unpopular because the media misrepresents him, he's a good boy, he dindu nuffin!
>>
>>136636
Sorry, I thought you wanted a real conversation.
>>
>>136625
Shannon Knoll got fired.
>>
>>136637
Sorry it stopped being a real conversation when I took it down to reality instead of pretending the obvious isn't the case.
>>
Trump deserves all the shit hack comedians dish out, and more.
>>
>>136636
He's not unpopular. At the very least half the country supports him.

You're being disingenuous with yourself if you think he's universally loathed by Americans. I believe he's doing fine enough, and you ought to relax.
>>
>>136570
Bill O'Reilly was forced to resign for much less. If anyone had said this about Obama they would have had to resign.
>>
>>136628
Pretty much yeah. Wouldn't you agree? I mean I wish comedians could go full bore but that's simply not the world we've made for ourselves as of late. And I'd rather everyone get slammed for doing the same things, if they're going to get slammed at all.
>>
>>136644
People said shit about Obama all the time are you kidding. A Fox commentator called him a pussy and was suspended for it. The reason Colbert isn't getting suspended is because it's a comedy show, nothing he says is supposed to be taken seriously. People are just trying to use willful ignorance to ignore that fact. Also they have to somehow convince people calling a guy a cockholster is the same as saying you hate gays.
>>
>>136645
I'd rather nobody get slammed for jokes, because that's how jokes work, the people presenting it have to take responsibility, not the comedian who's job is to go out on the tightrope.
>>
>>136625
Yeah but if anyone is honest nobody thinks Trevor fucking Noah is going to be behind some kind of anti-semitic resurgence.
People can forgive the occasional off-color joke but when you have Trump himself talking about putting certain classes of people on registries and how the press is the enemy of the people and then he accepts David fucking Duke's endorsement. And then one after another, these faggots at Trump rallies talking about how slavery was good for blacks and people with Muslim names might be traitors, like WTF not too long ago I was like fuck libtards, these guys labeling all conservatives Nazis and racist homophobic sexists.
But now conservatives are like, wait, neo Nazis are on our side, yeah ok some of them are cool then.
Like, what the flying fuck was I insulting libtards for being alarmist about. You guys are actually OK with profiling, you want to hang journalists, you think the Jewish conspiracy is why you're not getting everything you want, slavery was sometimes OK, david Duke is cool now, contraceptives are dangerous for family values, well I guess liberals were right all along?
>>
>>136655
No shit newfag
>>
>>136655
>he accepts David fucking Duke's endorsement.
???
>>
>>136655
actually the jewish conspiracy is pretty real. And yes, most people don't get everything they want (and need), slavery is still happening around the world (modern slavery), contraceptives is BAD for family values, all it does is self-ego pleasure
>>
People were booing trump when he was on and colbert told everyone "how dare you boo a guest on my show" and shut everybody up.......he's a hypocrite and a pussy. fuck him
>>
>>136663
Lern 2 English faggot
>>
>>136570
>life is short,
found the hedonist
>>
>>136643
>He's not unpopular. At the very least half the country supports him.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA no.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html
>>
>>136730
>life is short
>found the hedonist
When Colbert was 10 years old, his father and two brothers died when Eastern Air Lines Flight 212 crashed. I think that's when he learned that life, indeed, can be short.
>>
>>136644
Call me when Colby is calling up interns and masturbating on the phone.
>>
>>136644
What bullshit! Colbert made a joke.
O'Reilly and all crossed over personal boundaries to sexually harass people and abused a power relationship difference.
>>
Wait I don't get it. How is this homophobic? Since when do you need to be gay to suck a cock? I assumed the joke just implied that Trump loves Putin's semen so much that he has to keep it in his mouth at all times.
>>
>>136643
Dude less than 25% of people in the US voting base voted for him. That means roughly 75% of voting aged Americans either disliked him enough to vote for someone else or didn't like any candidate enough to vote.
>>
>>136810
>less than 25% of people in the US voting base voted for him*
*citation needed
>>
>>136802
>Since when do you need to be gay to suck a cock?
I think we've got a new 4chan banner here, folks.
>>
>>136644
>Bill O'Reilly was forced to resign for much less.
O'Reilly was forced to resign because for thirty years Fox was paying for settlement fees, and then his ratings slipped and they axed him. It's because he didn't immediately suck Trump's cock.

>>136644
>If anyone had said this about Obama they would have had to resign
Didn't Glenn Beck actually call Obama the antichrist on live air?
>>
>>136644
>was forced to resign for much less
I didn't realize calling someone a cocksucker was so much worse than sexually harassing dozens of women. Wow.
>>
>>136816
Okay, here you go.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/eligible-voter-turnout-for-2016-data-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-republican-democrat-popular-vote-registered-results/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/11/11/politics/popular-vote-turnout-2016/index.html

57% of eligible voters didn't turn out, and out of the voters who did turn out more voted for Clinton. So no "at least 50%" of Americans don't like trump.
>>
>>136820
>Didn't Glenn Beck actually call Obama the antichrist on live air?
During the times he wasn't calling him a communist dictator, yes sometimes.
>>
>>136843
He also got suspended from FNC for a week for saying Obama was racist toward white people. I think that was right before he quit.
>>
>>136616
>>136625
Wow, President Knoll, President Jones, President Bow Wow, President Noah and President Colbert should all be ashamed of themselves. I say we impeach them all.
>>
>>136600
yes it is. its implying that sucking eachothers cock is a bad or wrong thing. if you said that to a gay couple youd be homophobic.
>>
>>136898
He's implying that treason is a bad thing dumbass, maybe this is why you didn't get the joke.
>>
>I'm OUTRAGED at what a late night comedian said!!!!!!11
I thought you had to be at least 70 years old to be like this.
>>
>>136665
I'd say that shows professional integrity. Everyone, even Trump knew Colbert's opinions on him, but he kept it professional. Trump was a guest on his show and he didn't want to treat his guests poorly, regardless of who they are and how they are viewed by the audience. It's an interview, not a roast
>>
>>136665
that was before he insulted his friend.
i think colbert is genuine and i don't think he would invite trump on his show again.
>>
>>136903
they know it's bullshit.
but they need shields for the next time trump or a right wing pundit says something heinous and inexcusable about someone or some group so they can be all "b-b-but what about colbert"
>>
>>136644

>sexually harassing people is less than pseudo-homophobic slur
>conservativevalues.jpg
>>
>>136645
You're a faggot. Conceding that arbitrary censorship based on some group being offended is exactly what these freaks want. The only difference is that they want a monopoly on defining what is and is not offensive and they kind of already have that. If you still think this is a good idea then you might want to sit this one out, champ. You may win the battle, but you will lose the war.
>>
>>136655
Donald Trump is a Jew puppet. What are you ranting about? You sound like some batshit insane antifa.

>>136663
Sex is for making babies and Jewish media has successfully made the past couple generations forget this completely. It has paved the way for acceptance of things like homosexuality and transgenderism as normal, even though they abnormal, fringe occurrences. Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
>Fuck political correctness

>Fire Colbert, that was offensive
>>
>>136616
Thread should have ended here.

You're all faggots.
>>
>>136616
>"It's ok when my guy does it, not when their guy does it" syndrome
Grabbing them by the pussy is fine, but dick sucking jokes are too much.

I completely agree.

We should all stop saying mean things about Trump and Putin.
>>
>>137062
Are you angry?
>>
>>137062
If it was a homophobic slur you would have a point. But by what interpretation of what he said or the way he said it or anything he did, can anyone come to a sensible conclusion it might have even been a veiled jab at gay people?
The joke is obviously that Trump is the bitch in the relationship, he wasn't calling Trump gay as an insult, how is that not obvious? They're two guys, any sex jokes about one being the subservient party is going to involve a homosexual sex act. There's no heterosexual sex act he could have used as a metaphor for their relationship, it wouldn't make sense.
Is simply referencing the fact that homosexuals exist and have homosexual sex homophobic?
>>
>>136966
You are aware that homosexuality, at the very least, has been documented in civilized cultures around the world for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Same with transgenderism.

I'm very sorry if these things scare you, but decrying them as a recent plague on modern society is fucking ludicrous.
>>
>You are now allowed to be as lewd as you want on bradcast tv as long as you are anti-Trump
>>
>>137454
>Who, whom?
>>
>>137086
He said they've recently been pushed as something to be accepted, not that they're anything new. Also, pedophilia is just as old and storied, so should it too be accepted blindly as a natural and acceptable thing?
>>
>>137070
>They're two guys, any sex jokes about one being the subservient party is going to involve a homosexual sex act. There's no heterosexual sex act he could have used as a metaphor for their relationship, it wouldn't make sense.

Let me introduce you to cucks.
>>
>>136966
Sex is for orgasms and you're autistic/ from /r9k/ / a virgin. Take your pick
>>
>>136570
Sure happy that because of Colbert we can now use homophobic slurs again in public! Watching what you say just gets tedious!

>I'm Steven Colbert, and its. ow okay tocall people you don't like fags again!
>>
>>137611
The term cock holster isn't homophobic though, in a different context it can be talking about a straight lady. So if anything Colbert could have been accusing Trump of being a lady, which is #sexist.
>>
>>137700
He's implying that giving a bj is a bad thing. That's like half of what homosexuals do sexually, it's totally homophobic.

It's also sexist, implying that when women do this act it's somehow degrading.

He need to be fired and have his wealth distributed to everyone who's give a bj. That's real progressive.
>>
>>137701
As a bj enthusiast, I take special umbridge with the statements made, and am currently in contact with my local state representative, to see if the network won't take action against this man, or if we can get the channel blocked within state borders. These people need to learn, they aren't in charge of degrading us with their slurs anymore! Trump is in office! MAGA!
>>
>>137701
In context, he's saying giving a bj to Putin is treasonous, which is why it's bad, which would make it not against or fearing of homosexuality, but fearing of treason. So if anything it's treason-phobic, dumb phone poster.
>>
>>137701
Why are you trying to explain it, this works better when you leave it vague and based on emotions, once you explain it it falls apart, and reveals your hypocrisy. Just focus on tweeting, and don't go into details, plenty of chumps will buy it without looking into it.
>>
>>137702
maga

deport homophobes

>>137707
>>137709
You make some good points, but I can tell that you are a racist and quite uneducated. First of all, you need to be more open minded and get an education.
>>
>>137502
>>136966

Human biology isn't going to stop producing gay people on anyone's say-so. Nature does not need 'approval' to do what it does. Advocates of tolerance realise this, and thus call on people to have some maturity and treat LGBT people as equals with different sexuality.
>>
Well, I'm glad to hear that even right-wingers are against homophobia. There's hope for the world yet.
>>
>>137701
Psssst....they are implying Trump and Putin have a loving relationship. That would be treason because of governments, not homophobia.
>>
>>136835
heads up, stats guy here:

you cant state that people who didnt show up to vote get a say in who is president. If the split was 50/50 among those who voted, but those who voted only constitute 40% of the population, the other 60% are not counted because they effectively count as an abstention or an artifact in the sample. You would need to control for them and discount their potential effect on the data set.

most acurate statement would be "Hilary won the popular vote" and leave it at that.
>>
>>137064
oh, right, i forgot that comment was aimed at colbert, after all, he is a giant pussy
>>
>>137513
I don't think the act of cuckoldry would work as a metaphor. Putin and Trump are pretty much equal in power so the idea of them working together as partners makes more sense.

And homosexuality is pretty much known by everyone. Cuckoldry is too, but thankfully it's limited to darker corners of the internet. Plus, have you been to /gif/? The faggots there are the epitome of low-T, and even Colbert knows that Trump is not low-T.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.