[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monsanto accused in court of paying an army of shills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

In a San Francisco federal court case, the plaintiff accused GMO giants Monsanto of hiring third-parties who hide their association with the company to respond to negative online comments, also known as ‘shills’.

The case challenges Monsanto’s corrupt relationship with members of the Environmental Protection Agency and their attempts to manipulate scientific publications and crack down on online dissent. Monsanto’s ‘Let Nothing Go’ campaign allegedly hired online ‘shills’ to quickly respond to social media chatter about the carcinogenic properties of their ‘RoundUp’ product.

The plaintiff claims to have developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma as a result of exposure to glyphosate in Monsanto’s ‘Roundup’ product, and believes that Monsanto aggressively attempted to remove all warnings of the risks surrounding the pesticide.

https://leakofnations.com/monsanto-accused-in-court-of-conducting-an-army-of-shills-to-crackdown-on-negative-online-comments-monsanto-shills-roundup-cancer-link-monsanto-ghostwrite-scientific-articles/
>>
>tfw more and more evidence comes to light that online discourse is tainted from multiple sources to influence our minds
>>
>>136248
no shit
>>
>>136241
There's a YouTube documentary revealing that nearly every large global company does this
>>
>>136241
Typical liberal response, accuse the right for something they do.
>>
>>136252
Are they still paying you even with the scrutiny they're over?
>>
>>136241
Got an actual news source?

>>136251
Why do people believe random youtube videos?
>>
>>136261
>should I listen to random hired suits
>or a random on youtube
hmmm great question, tough decision
>>
What's it going to take to kill the monsanto corporation before they literally kill the entire planet through herbicide?
>>
>>136261
well the court case itself is legitimate, and OP's link provides one of the court documents from this case. feel free to dig through stuff at the california district court's website http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/VC/roundupmdl

it looks like that particular document might be behind a paywall at the PACER public access to court electronic documents site. (10 cents per page) unless i missed it.

this particular aspect of the overall case doesn't seem to be getting mainstream attention (the accusation of using shills as part of the 'let nothing go' program), but it's certainly being reported by blogs of different stripes, from conspiracy blogs to places like https://usrtk.org/
>>
>>136311
Someone's going to have to leak something big to scare people into shunning Monsanto.
>>
>>136241
Every single GMO thread on /sci/ is by shills for shills.
>>
I don't have a grudge against GMO's but Monsanto is an evil fucken company.
>>
>>136338
>people shunning monsanto

haha, where do you live? As if people have any choice! Are you sure about what you are going to eat today? They have infiltrated everywhere. You can't deny them. They are like google ads.
>>
>>136339
Same on /ck/.
>>
>>136252
>acuse the right of something they do
Did you mean to type this?
>>
>>136342
And consequently, Monsanto is ruining the potential for GMO crops with their disgusting business practices because they have given GMO crops a bad name in the media. They would rather monopolize the market than let the technology be utilized in a responsible and mutually beneficial way. A great example of how free market capitalism doesn't work in the real world
>>
>>136252
Can what you wrote even be called damage control anymore?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.