[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paro Nacional, Puerto Rico

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: aZmVxM6_700b.jpg (92KB, 700x1209px) Image search: [Google]
aZmVxM6_700b.jpg
92KB, 700x1209px
Looks like som shit is going down in Puerto Rico. Anyone know more details?

Can't find any proper english articles. Google translate is your friend here:
http://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/puertoricoamaneceenparonacional-2316489/
>>
>>136070

who is behind? CIA or some local nazi?
>>
>>136071
Probably both
>>
>>136072
what is it about? resources or just letting locals starve so they will not came up with indepence ideas?
>>
>>136070
>Paro Nacional
That's an exaggeration.
>>
It's essentially austerity measures causing riots. The government is defaulting on their loans with like a D bond rating.

PR is like a person who couldn't stop visiting the loan sharks for decades and they're about to lose their kneecaps from either the loan sharks or their constituents.
>>
>>136073
The only thing the article says is that its a protest against austerity measures, but It doesnt say what they are trying to achieve, I guess they just wanna show the gov they are angry
>>
PR is a welfare state fuck them let them eat shit and die .
>>
>>136205
except this welfare state is set to make people a lot of money by paying off a massive debt and cutting down said welfare to do so. how they reached this level of debt is puzzling, but i've heard the same irresponsible people in their financial sector are handling the "recovery". no citation tho.

It it possible they default just to keep their services going, or stop giving basic services in favour of paying down the debt. i dont think either is very good for the states and might end up freeing puerto rico due to sheer survival instinct? i dont know
>>
Debt was cause by a political source. So far, they've tried to negotiate partial repayment. They're trying austerity (layoffs, less benefits, cutting pensions.) Since they're able to do partial payment, they'll have to end up using a restructured debt over a longer period.

>>136223
The US gave a little aid in reducing costs for things like Medicare, but won't help pay off their debt.

Politicians promised growth but didn't have the taxes to do so. Their solution was to take out bonds and loans from international sources for decades, leaving the problems for future politicians who will be blamed for the austerity measures. Puerto Rico was a great place to loan money to since the 1000%+ returns are triple-tax free. Deliciously exploitable, if they do pay it back.

They took out too many bonds, causing moderately high rates. They defaulted way back. Their ratings dropped. The rates went up because their rating dropped. This became a default-rating cycle that they can't escape from.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.