[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People are outraged over this Fiverr subway advertisement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: C6fW730VQAA-ReT.jpg (153KB, 1172x1172px) Image search: [Google]
C6fW730VQAA-ReT.jpg
153KB, 1172x1172px
"The 'gig economy' is literally killing us," the user said. "Most depressing ad of the day goes to Fiverr."

>The ad shows a woman with disheveled hair with the caption: "You eat coffee for lunch. You follow through on your follow through. Sleep deprivation is your drug of choice. You might be a doer."

>The tweet quickly went viral, generating thousands of likes and retweets. Many were upset that they were making light of how millennials are often underpaid in the gig economy.

>A Pew Research Center studied examined that most who rely on the gig economy earn less than $30,000 a year. According to Federal Reserve data, millennials earn 20 percent less than Baby Boomers did at their age despite having more education on average.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2017/03/10/people-are-outraged-over-this-fiverr-subway-advertisement/21879301/

tweet:

https://twitter.com/b_cavello/status/839876313473150976/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aol.com%2Farticle%2Ffinance%2F2017%2F03%2F10%2Fpeople-are-outraged-over-this-fiverr-subway-advertisement%2F21879301%2F
>>
>>136021
this is what happens when you let debt economy takeover
>>
More educated populace = less valuable education
It's not rocket science
>>
>>136021
90% of chinese are actually drinking hot water because they cant afford the tea.
>>
>>136030
nice fake facts.
>>
>>136034
>trying this hard

AYYYYY LMAO!

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-china-hot-water-20160313-story.html
>>
>>136030
Who cares? 90% of somalis are malnourished. I guess the working class should just be thankful for the kindness and generosity of our politicians and business owners since we can still afford tea bags.
What's the point of economic growth if instead of freeing us from labor we become cattle and watch our wold deteriorate? I don't care if our GDP growth is 0. The working class and their children get nothing from helping our economy grow.
>>
>>136036
>Who cares?

lol..
>>
>>136035
an article about the tradition of drinking hot water in china. nothing about being able to afford tea or not is mentioned.
>>
>>136038

ayy lmao.. leave your dream nigga.. leave your dream..
>>
>>136039
i thought /x/ was the schizophrenia board
>>
>>136021
What the hell is a fiverr?
How do you eat "a coffee"?
>>
>>136037
Read the entire post and/or learn how to read properly, dumbass.
>>
>>136040
I'm convinced at this point /news/ and /pol/ are just crawling with counterintelligence agents from around the world trying to spread disinformation about countries they don't like. Just like those russian spammers that keep putting up fake anti-ukraine and other ex-soviet bloc country articles.

Actually, I think I might belong in /x/ too.
>>
>>136058
>Just like those russian spammers that keep putting up fake anti-ukraine and other ex-soviet bloc country articles.

Report and then ignore.
>>
>>136051
When you don't have any other good that day. Its not hard anon
>>
>>136058
you're welcome anytime, friend. it's getting ugly out there.
>>
>>136021
>whining twitter faggots are outraged over this
*ftfy. This isn't really news. Outrage is cheap.
>>
>>136030
We mostly just don't like tea, thanks.
>>
>>136021
i dont like how theyre shoving different genders down our throat. they showed a woman (or man?) with a bald head, woman face, and hairy legs. thats so uncomfortable to look at
>>
>>136022
>this is what happens when you let debt economy takeover
No, it's what happens when crowdsourcing means labor supply outweighs demand by a hundred to one.
It's bad enough with something like Uber, but sites like guru.com let third-worlders compete with programmers from America, Europe, etc. for the exact same jobs.
Unrestricted, the gig-economy could lead to everyone being as poor as the average Haitian.
>>
I'm starting to find more newsworthy articles on /pol/ then on here /news/ gotta get it's shit together
>>
>>136021
>eat coffee
>>136030
No they drink hot water because of superstition they believe it were super healthy.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.