[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump invites Duterte to the White House

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

President Donald Trump invited the controversial leader of the Philippines to the White House in a phone call Saturday.

The two leaders had "a very friendly conversation" in which they talked about the North Korea threat, according to the White House's readout of the call. The two men, who have drawn comparisons for their tough rhetoric, also discussed the Philippine government's fight against drugs.

What remained unmentioned, however, are the extrajudicial killings of suspected drug dealers and users as part of the government's drug war. Thousands have been killed by police and vigilantes since Duterte took office and vowed to eradicate his country's massive drug problem. The rising death toll has drawn criticisms from international human rights groups, at least one of which, the Human Rights Watch, has made the case for a criminal investigation of the Duterte administration.

The relationship between the United States and the Philippines soured under President Barack Obama, who criticized Duterte's bloody war on drugs. Not one to take criticism lightly, Duterte snapped at Obama on a few occasions, telling him to "go to hell" and, at one point, using the Tagalog phrase for "son of a bitch" or "son of a whore" when addressing the then-U.S. president. In September, Obama canceled a meeting with Duterte, whom he called a "colorful guy."
https://youtu.be/cGc6pgSnNUQ?list=RDcGc6pgSnNUQ
>>
Have a real news source you dolt.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-defends-trumps-invite-philippines-president-duterte/story?id=47114489
>>
>>135968
Trump is a third world dictator that hasn't yet dissolved the checks and balances of government. I don't doubt for a second that'd he have people executed for dissent if he had the power.
>>
>>135970
Prove it.
>>
>>135970
>implying that the liberals Trump would take out aren't a blight
>implying that the alternative right won't win
>>
>>135973
Besides a buzzword the fuck is a liberal even

And I mean the actual definition not the /pol/ definition
>>
>>135970
Two things and hang in there with me until you read the second.

You are brainwashed by the media propaganda machine

Our entire government is bought and paid for by the owners of giant business conglomerates and they own the media that lied to you, why they want you to hate our president is what you need to ask yourself, the more they oppose him the more faith I have.
>>
>>135978

Copied from /pol/, but:

Liberals are generally understood as a progressive, idealistic, blank-slatists who attempt to shift the “Overton Window” further towards the Enlightenment. Liberalism is maintained by hypocritical, virtue signaling intellectuals and scientists who say things that may not hold up to careful inspection. But woe betide those who question their "consensus."

Liberals have a certain outlook.

1. It is Blank Slatist (what Steven Pinker called SSM, if I recall correctly). It believes human nature is fluid and can be changed for the better.

2. Liberalism is leveling–it dislikes hierarchies of merit.

3. They are sanctimonious, always seeking enemies on the Right and bad-thinkers within the left–people who don’t think right and who need to be isolated or re-educated. This is a niche for the so-called SJW. As Steven Pinker said, “Man is a sanctimonious animal.”
(Members of designated victim groups are, as a tendency, allowed to be more outspoken when voicing correctly incorrect thoughts.)

4. They are cosmopolitan and globalists in the way that suburban and childless urbanites are cosmopolitan–the like the Other, abhor nationalistic wars, and get a frisson of delight from proximity with a wide variety of people.

5. They worships science, or what they see as "correct" science defined by their so called "consensus."

As an expansion of 4, they think that ethnically and politically diverse societies work as well as uniform and indoctrinated ethnostates. It thinks that inside every Lebanon is a Switzerland waiting to get out. They believe that Catholic Europe would have been better off without its military, religiousness, and monarchies (the very things that held it together).

Those who worship at the altar of liberalism think that pacifism is good (rather then wars being natural and what drives human progress), that democracy is the natural state of any political community, and that we all deserve inalienable rights with few duties.
>>
>>135986
>Copied from /pol/, but:
>not the /pol/ definition
>>
>>135982
Speaking for myself, they don't have to try hard. I really think it's almost like /pol/ and the midwest want me to hate my president, which is why they pushed for Donald Trump so hard. I'm still asking myself why though.
>>
>>136026
Well, /pol/ is doing it because its funny. Sure, they're true believers, but that's secondary to lulz. The Midwest is doing it because they're desperate, disenfranchised, and the government/society lavishes all efforts and resources on cities while small towns and homesteads fall apart. It's also why cities are so supportive of the government in general.
>>
>>135986

Jesus Christ talk about a self masturbatory fantasy. The OP probably had to clean off his keyboard after he was done.
>>
>>135971
>Prove it.
Google "trump 2011 white house correspondents dinner".
Watch his reactions. He's spent his entire life surrounded by yes-men. He can't deal with any kind of criticism or dissent.
>>
>>135986
>attempt to shift the “Overton Window” further towards the Enlightenment
The majority of Americans are liberals, and yet we've got the furthest right Overton Window of any civilized nation.
>>
>>136045
Come to think of it, I guess the one explains the other.
Our idea of what's "normal" is shifted so far right, most actually normal people wind up left of the Overton center.
>>
>>136045
I actually think the overtone window is starting to shatter across the "west". The presently known political spectrum across the "west" will need to be transcended past the enlightenment eventually and we'll need to realize that we cannot allow any "progressives", liberals, humanists, SJWs, or any of their cognitively deficient ilk to survive what is to come. Once they're cries echo across broeken cities and they are no more, then the west can become great again like it did back before democracy.
>>
>>135982
>The news is a few people controlling everyone
Well, yeah, but only cable and some newspapers. I mean, all of Trump's rhetoric is basic news cycle fodder, why else would he always watch Fox and Friends? If you think some puppet Master is behind Cato or the Wall Street journal though I'd wager you're wearing a tin foil hat.
>>
>>135986
>Woe betide those
>Those who worship at the altar of liberalism
I bet the author felt really smart writing that bit of prose. Regardless it's completely useless since he's too busy snobbily describing liberals to make a political point.

Regardless I think to anyone not on the "Hitler did nothing wrong" bandwagon it's pretty clear that cavorting with Duterte is the wrong choice, despite Sean Spicer's dubious claim that we really need the Philippines to deal with North Korea
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.