[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyongyang: "War imminent" after another failed test

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: beer.png (65KB, 642x553px) Image search: [Google]
beer.png
65KB, 642x553px
Pyongyang: “War Imminent” – a Rebuke of American Imperialism

>https://intelhuxley.wordpress.com/2017/04/28/pyongyang-war-imminent-my-rebuke-of-american-imperialism/

Thoughts on Trumps latest?

I'm interested to know what you think of Trumps apparent thirst for conflict

Do share...
>>
>https://intelhuxley.wordpress.com/2017/04/28/pyongyang-war-imminent-my-rebuke-of-american-imperialism/
>>
>>135702
only a slightly biased source of information there.
>>
>>135705

I would say every opinion/analysis article is biased, what matters is; "is it true?'
>>
>>135707
the second sentence of the article starts this way

>This is completely unsubstantiated
>>
>>135707
Read the goddamned sticky you dunderhead.

>>135702
Here. Have a real goddamned news link.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN17U2XB
>North Korea test-fired a ballistic missile on Saturday, South Korea's and U.S. militaries said, defying intense pressure from the United States and the reclusive state's main ally, China.

>U.S. and South Korean officials said the test, from an area north of the North Korean capital, Pyongyang, appeared to have failed, in what would be a fourth successive unsuccessful missile test since March.

>The test came as U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warned the U.N. Security Council that failure to curb North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile programs could lead to "catastrophic consequences".

>U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the missile was probably a medium-range weapon known as a KN-17 and appears to have broken up within minutes of taking off.

>South Korea's military said the missile, fired from the Pukchang region in a northeasterly direction, reached an altitude of 71 km (44 miles) before disintegrating a few minutes into flight.

>The North has been conducting missile and nuclear weapons related activities at an unprecedented rate since the beginning of the year and is believed to have made some progress in developing intermediate-range and submarine-launched missiles.

>Tension had spiked on the Korean peninsula over concern the North may conduct a long-range missile test, or its sixth nuclear test, around the time of the April 15 anniversary of its state founder's birth, or the day marking the founding of its military this week.

>The timing of the launch suggested it was calculated to send a message as North Korea remained under the scrutiny of world powers, said Kim Dong-yub, an expert at Kyungnam University's Institute of Far Eastern Studies in Seoul.
Welcome to /news/, jackass.
t. a proper /news/man
>>
If NK stops escalating, it'll be a victory for Trump.

If NK keeps escalating, we're fucked whether we react or don't, because in the former case, we have the potential for a conflict to spiral into war with our SK ally, and in the latter, they've now successfully called us on our bluff and our word has lost that much more credibility with the international community.

The reason Trump fucked this up is because he allowed the situation to get to a point where NK is in control of a decision which could leave us worse off.

Even if NK stops escalating I'm afraid Trump might also be so lacking in wisdom as to take that victory alone as evidence that his strategy works, and will thus reapply it later, placing us in a similar position in the future.

Even if Kim Jong Un is a rational actor, there's a risk that he will fear he looks weak in a government that still doubts his capacity to lead and he will calculate that he's willing to gamble a limited conflict to solidify his own authority.
>>
>>135713
>If NK keeps escalating, we're fucked whether we react or don't

They aren't stupid. They know they can't conventionally hold up to the US/SK military, but the reason they act like blowhards is the same reason we did during the cold war:

If you have nukes, you get the biggest return on your investment if your opponents think you are crazy enough to actually use them.

Look back to shit like Operation Paul Bunyan, or the border shootings a while back. When they're confronted, really confronted, they back down. They like their little Juche utopia, and the fastest ticket out of the only buildings in the country with electricity is having your anal virginity redistributed by 500lb bombs from the nearest supercarrier.

They always do a new nuclear test, fire artillery at the DMZ, or attack some SK patrol boats when they feel like they can get some sanctions pulled back in negotiations, Trump is just the latest in a long line of people who are calling them out on it.
>>
>Pyongyang: "War imminent"

Just like six months ago.

And last year.

And last year.

And back on and on since the first war ended in a stalemate.

Kim just wants attention.
>>
>>135702
>failed test
at this point I think we're just playing with them
>>
..any fucking year not, they perfect the pointed stick
>>
>>135702
The con man doesn't represent me. No one in office represents me. Therefore, the man that murders me for their misguided cause will suffer the consequence of said sin upon their head in the next life. I want to live in peace. Not fear and in war.
>>
>>135709
This is refreshing, thank you. Keep up the good work.
>>
*North Korea proceeds to bomb itself.*

North Korea is really pathetic. Even China isn't backing them.
>>
>>135702
What the fuck is with this map.

Tokyo is not further north then pyongyang
>>
muthafukki be crooked: http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/climat/world/eng/asia/jp_ko/japan1e.jpg
>>
USA Nuked Japan 2 times and now is there for protect Japan and South Korea of Kim's Nuclear threats... It's like: "You can Nuke, but not threat!"
>>
>>135713
>The reason Trump fucked this up is because he allowed the situation to get to a point where NK is in control of a decision which could leave us worse off.
What you dont realize is Trump is not directing this, Mad Dog Mattis is. Trump has given him a long leash and Mattis is a brilliant strategist.

He will also blow your fucking brains out so lil Kim better be really careful.
>>
>>135875
Ignorant
>>
>>135702
Not really interested, but am intrrested in knowing what assets Russia has in the area. Pretty sure they have some ELINT up and around sniffing out some potentially new signals America may be using.
>>
>>135702
>north korea not a threat
tyrants of any size are a threat to every
democracy whoever wrote this is an idiot on so many levels.
>>
>>135702
Anyone who can seriously write that about the norks either is completely insane or hasn't done their goddamn homework.

Either way, get fucked.
>>
Trump wants humans on mars during his presidency and is edging close to nuclear war with north korea

JFK rip off lol
>>
Huhhh bullshit.. im stationed on the dmz and its fine.. quit giving fearmongers more money by taking them seriously
>>
>>135728
We are actively fucking with their computers. Especially since most of their missile programs are run on machines that still used magnetic tapes.
>>
>>136444
>We are actively fucking with their computers. Especially since most of their missile programs are run on machines that still used magnetic tapes.

If the latter were true (which it's not) the former would be next to impossible without actually physically getting into the facilities.

(They built their missile and nuclear programs from scratch over the past few decades, so they're going to be upgrading along commercial computer development. The countries that use legacy hardware like you're describing -- USA, UK, and USSR -- do so because their programs were built in the early Cold War before personal and consumer computers. Also, we have intel on NK.)
>>
>>135915
Except for Saudi Arabia since they have oiled and sell it to the usa, amirite?
>>
>>136475
A bunch of backward camel herding religious nuts are not a threat to democracy. They are a threat to clean air, but that is why you stay upwind.

As far as them selling oil to america... better then using up the american supply and giving them more power down the line. Buy up their supplies, give them money, but no renewable resources, like technology or the like, and in a few generations when the fuel runs out, they will be about as important as Yemen and Ethiopia.
>>
>>136518
>are not a threat to democracy
They funded Isis and terrorist attacks in Europe. And guess where the 9/11 terrorists were from...

Their plan for when the fuel runs out is a Muslim world.
>>
>>136534
Not to mention the US has armed them heavily. Saudi Arabia built extremism from the ground up, constructing madrasas in third world shit holes to keep them as hard line as possible.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.