[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man says pizza box changed his outlook on life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1486031885157.jpg (30KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486031885157.jpg
30KB, 700x400px
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. - A New York man said a free pizza saved his life.

Dennis Kust, 59, lost his wife last month after a long battle with cancer.

He admitted that he was struggling with depression when he walked into Albert’s Pizza in Ronkonkoma, New York, CBS New York reported.

He received a free pizza as part of a “pay it forward with pizza” campaign.

Kind customers had stepped forward to pay for pizzas for police officers, single mothers and people like Kust who are struggling.

When Kust opened up the pizza box from an anonymous donor, he found, written in colorful letters, a message that read “Stay strong.”
It’s the same message that he heard his wife say every day before she died.

“The last month of my wife’s life, she kept telling me, ‘You have to be strong, you have to be strong,’” Kust told CBS New York.

Kust said the pizza box’s message convinced him that his wife was still with him.

He went back to the store later to thank the owners and to give them a handwritten letter explaining how much the simple act of kindness meant.

“You don’t know me, but on March 25th, you turned my life around,” the letter read.

Rich Baer, co-owner of Albert’s, said he has read the letter dozens of times, and it always brings him to tears.

“When you do something nice, it works. You see somebody benefit,” Baer told CBS New York.

Kust also stepped up to anonymously buy a pie for someone else.

It’s unclear how the pizza restaurant knew that Kust was going through a tough time, but the action affected him in an important way.

“I’d like to somehow thank the people who bought it for me and let them know they saved my life,” he told CBS.

The pay it forward pizza movement is growing rapidly, with dozens of customers buying pizzas for others. Like Kust, most are donating anonymously.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/man-says-pizza-box-changed-his-outlook-on-life/517270102
>>
Wow, some good news for once. Thanks, OP.
>>
Heart Status: Touched
>>
It's nice. Kind of feels like a community where people try to help each other out, something rare these days.
>>
A genuinely touching story. Nice find, OP! Wish there were more news stories like this in the world.
>>
Only modernity could produce such useless sentimentality and disgusting weakness.
>>
>>135810
Careful with those pizza cutters anon. Dont want you to cut yourself.
>>
>>135807
>something rare these days.
If you live in diverse shitholes, it is.
>>
>>135807
I once read it's custom in Italy to pay for an extra coffe so that the next unknown client gets a freebie. Just a matter of courtesy.
>>
That's the most Long Island shit I've ever seen.
>>
I lived in Ronkonkoma a few years ago. Nice little town. This is sweet, though Albert's Pizza was a little overrated.
>>
>>135825
But there's no bagels or women with trashy hair involved!
>>
Pizza always cheers me up too.
>>
>>135816
And thats why the Italians lost the war
>>
>>135657
Stay Strong : Let a warm pizza help fill that hole in your heart, just as our gooey mozarrela* fills the crust in the new Domino's™ Stuft Supreme!

*Made of 90% corn starch and corn byproducts. May contain 5% or less Mozzarella cheese.
>>
>>135812
+1
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.