[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FCC Chairman To Propose Reversing ‘Net Neutrality’ Rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (11KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 280x180px
>net neu·tral·i·ty:
>The principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications regardless of the source, and without favoring or blocking particular products or websites.

>WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday proposed overturning the landmark net neutrality rules that prohibit broadband providers from giving or selling access to certain internet services over others.

These rules and protections benefit us all. Just like we need the Government to step in and save us from psychopaths and terrorism. We need their help to ensure businesses and corporations play fair. We the people need a govt that works for us. Not for the wealthy establishment. Trump is a complete sell out if he allows this to happen.

Watch more:
https://youtu.be/Zu53I5ziZhw

Read more: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5900f603e4b0af6d718b0559
>>
everyone knew this was coming. plus your source is shit, OP. You could have posted any other but you had to post the breitbart of the left.

That said, this sucks for anyone streaming anything at any time in America.
>>
>>135555
No one is stopping you from posting another link. Who cares if the truth comes from a particular source anyway? They are trying to destroy neutrality.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5413955060001/?#sp=show-clips
>>
Yay MAGA
>>
>>135557
>grassroots movement spawned in part by net neutrality and the free availability of information.

>now willingly let corporations (many of which are left leaning) dictate what you can and can't see (unless you pay extra).

I'm so tired of winning.
>>
>>135556
Okay man, this is now my reasoning to flood /news/ with infowars and YouTube videos about David Icke
>>
>>135597
This isn't /pol/, those things aren't on topic here. I mean you could try, but it wouldn't last very long so there wouldn't be much of a point.
>>
>>135602
No one is stopping you from posting another link man
>>
Ajit Pai was a former lawyer for Verizon.
We need to put an end to people from industry becoming their own regulators.
>>
>>135605
I'm not the OP. I don't even think this story is /news/worthy. We've already had threads about this and we all knew it was coming.

It's up to OP to post convincing links beyond clickbait crap versions of stories, not me.
>>
>>135610
Who cares if the truth comes from a particular source?
>>
>>135614
The /news/ sticky does and at least half the /news/men do too.
>>
>>135615
>half the /news/men
All one to three of them? Neat.
>>
What can we do about this as individuals?
>>
>>135606
If we wanted people with conflicting interests to be in power, we would have elected Trump... oh w8.
>>
>>135623
call your congressman, spread awareness about this issue
>>
>>135610
>We've already had threads about this and we all knew it was coming.

So the next time you cross the steet and you see a car coming. Please just ignore it. We don't need you. For those of us that operate. This news means action. Get on the phone. Email your friends. We must guard the only thing that allows us to mass communicate and fight oppression.
>>
>>135555
>your source is shit, OP. You could have posted any other but you had to post the breitbart of the left.

Pick your own source and search for "net neutrality". I'll continue to put more up, but ultimately we need to make this news. Neuter your pet, NOT OUR NET!

GAMERS please take a few minutes and watch this video on it: https://youtu.be/sEcXRNDxBwM
>>
>>135557
Hilary would have sold your ass out twice as fast.

The left were just republicans with a crusty vagina and MUH IMIGRANT RIGHTS as a shield.
>>
>>135643
Hillary's not president though, Trump is and he's shitting on our individual rights, just like he said he wouldn't.
>>
>4chan becomes 'premium internet content'

The irony and lulz would be epic. Mostly I expect it to affect Netflix and Youtube.
>>
>>135643
You are right. Both sides are corporate establishment hacks. Why are you so defensive? No one even brought up Hillary. You are just pissed that you were stupid ebough to be deceived by Trump.
>>
>>135632
Go be an activist faggot on twatter.
>>
>>135606
Trump did make some vague executive order about how government employees can't become lobbyists for 5 years.
>>
>>135643

A good measure to see how badly Trump is fucking up is to see how often Hillary/Obama/liburahls!1!1! are brought into the conversation for no reason other than to deflect as a right wing talking parrot point.
>>
>>135551
ITT: Numale redditors complaining about freedom

It's about time this gets overturned.
>>
stupid americans, look at your shitty president, look what he have done
>>
>>135586
>>grassroots movement spawned in part by net neutrality and the free availability of information.
>grassroots
>im-fucking-plying
Ahahaha no. Heeeeeellllll no. Look up the company Cambridge Analytica, which is owned by the Mercer family who were huge Trump supporters and has Bannon as one of its executives. The Trump campaign was largely supported by a YUUUUUGE psyop from those guys, and the stuff he's done since coming into office should come as no surprise- he's done things to tighten the corporate stranglehold on our country like this net neutrality change, filling his cabinet with billionaires, loosening of regulations on big businesses, and lowering of taxes on the rich (while small businesses pay a higher rate!), but more importantly they allowed ISPs to sell every last shred of data on your internet usage to businesses like Cambridge Analytica who had already managed to manipulate people with just what they got from Facebook and Google, and he even has them working with government data organizations like the NSA. And before you say anything about Shillary, yes, she was awful too. Neither of those fuckers should be anywhere NEAR the White House let alone running the show.
We really need to do something to end ALL internet data mining or else we'll end up like Brave New World, if it hasn't already happened.
>>
>>135751
ITT stupid contrarians
>>
>>135751
Could you explain your reasoning?
>>
Where are the free speech crusaders who were for Trump now? Crickets.
>>
>>135793
Not reasoning. Just ideology... Republican or bust!
>>
>>135795
half of them were memes and top keks.
>>
>>135606
I'm not defending this appointment, but to play devil's advocate: would you rather hire someone who is not aware of the intricacies of the indstry?
>>
>>136149
>would you rather hire someone who is not aware of the intricacies of the indstry?
I never understood that reasoning...

To answer your question. Yes. Anything is better than the fox guarding the hen house. Do you like corruption?
>>
>>136150
To play with your analogy: The fox understands how people would get into the hen house. If we make sure the fox isn't helping his fox-friends, and can't go work for his fox-friends after his security gig, that may be an overall better solution than having the baby guard the hen house.

Again, i'm only playing Devil's advocate here, I don't like this style of hiring either. I just think that people often forget that there are not so many people who understand ISP law who haven't worked for an ISP.
>>
>>136151
You sound like a representative from the fox's PR firm. Any negative trait or action can be spun into something positive.
>>
>>136151
If you can't find someone other than a fox. You aren't looking hard enough. He was a defense attorney for Verizon. Which is EXACTLY what big business wants in that position.

I'm not talking about putting a baby in charge. How about a prosecutor? Someone that is used to defending the law and and knows how these businesses work but does not have his hand in their pockets.
>>
UPDATE: Trump’s FCC Chair Declares New War on Net Neutrality After 10-Year Battle for Free & Open Internet

>FCC head Ajit Pai has outlined a sweeping plan to dismantle net neutrality rules, which seek to keep the internet open and prevent corporate service providers from blocking access to websites, slowing down content or providing paid fast lanes for internet service. For more, we speak with Craig Aaron, president and CEO of Free Press.
Watch more:
https://youtu.be/-bp3X9tuaBc
Read more:
http://m.democracynow.org/stories/17359
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.