[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Fox News host under fire, this time for thinly veiled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: rs-watters-2-1068x561[1].png (370KB, 1068x561px) Image search: [Google]
rs-watters-2-1068x561[1].png
370KB, 1068x561px
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/330692-fox-host-under-fire-for-remark-about-ivanka-trump

>Fox News host Jesse Watters is under fire for making what critics say was a sexually charged remark about Ivanka Trump, further fueling Fox’s critics who have accused the network of fostering a sexist work environment.

>On Tuesday night’s episode of “The Five” — the 9 p.m. show that followed “The O’Reilly Factor,” which was canceled after longtime star Bill O’Reilly was dismissed over mounting allegations of sexual harassment — the network played a clip of Trump holding a microphone close to her mouth as she talked about women’s rights at a panel in Germany.

>“It’s funny. The left says they really respect women and then when given an opportunity to respect a woman like that they boo and hiss … so I don’t really get what’s going on here, but I really liked how she was speaking into that microphone,” Watters said.

>Watters gestured with his hand toward his mouth as he made the remark and then grinned at his co-hosts.

>Top figures in conservative media went on Twitter to express their disgust with Watters. John Podhoretz, a writer at The Weekly Standard, called Watters a “disgusting creep.”
>>
>In a statement, Watters said his remarks were taken out of context and were not meant to be sexual in any way.

>“During the break we were commenting on Ivanka's voice and how it was low and steady and resonates like a smooth jazz radio DJ,” he said. “This was in no way a joke about anything else.”

>The controversy could not come at a worse time for Fox News, which is seeking to rehabilitate its image after cutting ties with O’Reilly and former Chairman Roger Ailes over allegations they sexually harassed multiple women there.

>Fox News dismissed O’Reilly last week amid revelations that he and the network had paid out millions of dollars to settle sexual harassment claims against him.

>“The O’Reilly Factor” aired for the final time last Friday, completing a stunning downfall for an anchor who was one of the network’s biggest stars for years.

>Political watchers were quick to tie Watters’s controversy to what they say is a culture of sexism or misogyny at Fox.

>This is not the first time Watters has been engulfed in controversy.

>Watters once had a regular segment on “The Factor” in which he did cheeky man-on-the-street interviews.

>A segment from last October in which he visited Chinatown in New York City was widely condemned as racist for perpetuating Asian-American stereotypes.
>>
>>135445
Paid Liberal shills were flown to Germany to boo and hiss, obviously
>>
>>135445
>>Watters gestured with his hand toward his mouth as he made the remark and then grinned at his co-hosts.
There is literally a highlight reel of Fox News Dudes doing shit like this on air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlddDLeUyXs

Multiple in fact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEoWSaM61NI
>>
>>135530
>Needing to import liberal shills into Germany

That's like importing salt into the ocean
>>
Pretty soon the baby boomers won't have anything to watch..
>>
>>135530
>more mental gymnastics
>>
>>135445
>I really liked how she was speaking into that microphone
STOP THIS MADMAN
>>
>>135620
>Watters gestured with his hand toward his mouth as he made the remark and then grinned at his co-hosts.
>>
>>135631
>gestured with his hand toward his mouth

This is a *very* nice way of describing the vertical up-and-down shaking motion he made with his fisted hand in front of his mouth. I've never mimed a microphone like that.

"B... but those were just nervous tremors -- he forgot to take his lorazepam that day!"
>>
>>135687
But was his hand really jacking it in front of his mouth?
>>
>>135445
another witch hunt....i await the slow roll into mediocrity that is overcoming the FNC the two idiot sons of rupert have some delusions of grandeur gutting their cash cow and selling out to the deep state...they will have a merger with sky news and become a cnn clone......

its gonna be sad but christian media will be the only place many will be able to hear the truth.....
>>
>>137467

>>137023
>>
>>135445
>>135446

Is Watters /ourguy/?
>>
>>135445
Ok question...who hasn't made a sexual comment about Ivanka...just saying.
>>
>>137467
Fox News only panders to the right because they know how to rile up old people just like CNN knows how to rile up the left. Quit pretending they aren't part of the same machine.
>>
>>137739
I'm not.

I acknowledge that fact and did not imply anything contrary. But its irrelevant.

The nation was and is best in a centrist position.

Last time I checked the MSM and the left started this decline into partisanship.....now its irrelevant who has power, the pendulum is swinging too far and too hard to each extreme.....when the thing exceeds its design tolerance there is gonna be another civil war. We have a small scale one now ....

The main difference between conservatives & liberals though is at least conservatives will not perpetuate lies and cognitive dissonance nor be satisfied with believing said lies to satisfy confirmation bias......
>>
>>137772
>Last time I checked the MSM and the left started this decline into partisanship....

Let me guess, you think it started during Obama's administration.

>the pendulum is swinging too far and too hard to each extreme
>when the thing exceeds its design tolerance there is gonna be another civil war. >We have a small scale one now ....
Relax, kid, It can't be worse than the Kansas-Nebraska act. When Harper's Ferry II:Electric Boogaloo happens let me know.

>conservatives will not perpetuate lies and cognitive dissonance nor be satisfied with believing said lies to satisfy confirmation bias......
God you must be younger than 18 not to have studied Watergate or Iran-Contra or Bush's WMD hunt in school yet. Either that or you're really Karl Rove and you're just trolling us all.

In reality the pendulum of partisanship started swinging during John Adams administration but those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.
>>
>>137624
I haven't. She is not particularly attractive.
>>
>>137781
You seem to be upset.

False equivalence aside, what's your point?

Personal insults seem to be the least successful way to convince people of your credibility.

I wish people truly valued learning history, and thats great for a bunch of intellectuals to delve back to revolutionary war era politics, but NEETs don't care, thats why The partisan slide that began with Obama trying to re-engineer societal values and subvert the normal role of the checks & balance system was so egregious....

Civil war 2 will NOT be like the war of northern aggression.....

I wait with eagerness your next insulting reply.
>>
>>139238
>I wait with eagerness your next insulting reply.
Go read a book, kid, you just might learn something
>>
>sexually charged remarks
>sexist
>>
>>135445
With Jews Fake News
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.