[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American detained in North Korea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/23/asia/american-detained-in-north-korea/

>North Korea detained an unidentified US citizen for unknown reasons as he was planning to fly out of Pyongyang International Airport on Saturday morning.

>The detention was confirmed by Martina Aberg, deputy chief of mission at the Swedish Embassy in Pyongyang. The embassy represents US interests in North Korea, since Washington and Pyongyang do not have direct diplomatic relations."He was prevented from getting on the flight out of Pyongyang," Aberg told CNN. "We don't comment further than this."

>The US State Department on Sunday said it was working on the case. "We are aware of reports that a US citizen was detained in North Korea," said a department official. "The protection of US citizens is one of the Department's highest priorities."

>The official said the US would work with the Swedish Embassy on the matter, but did not provide further comment.

>The detained American is a professor with the frequently-used Korean surname "Kim," according to South Korea's Yonhap News Agency.

>At least two other US citizens are known to be in North Korean custody.

>Otto Warmbier, 21, a student at the University of Virginia, was detained at Pyongyang airport on January 2 last year after visiting the country with a tour group. He has since been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for allegedly removing a political sign from a hotel wall.

>Kim Dong Chul, a naturalized US citizen of Korean origin, was arrested on October 2015. Last year, North Korea sentenced him to 10 years of hard labor on espionage charges.
>>
Welp this seems like it'll be a lesson in common sense.
>>
>>134760
Why does Sweden have an embassy in North Korea?
>>
>>134772
Not to promote Ikea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/07/24/ikea-may-open-a-west-bank-store-but-decides-against-north-korea/
>>
>>134760
That sign guy is still stuck there? Damn.
>>
>>134772
>Why does Sweden have an embassy in North Korea?
Because the US wants to talk to NK but can't have an embassy there because they're technically still at war/hostile.
>>
>>134760
Steal a flag, get 15 yrs of busting rocks.
Steal secrets, get 10.

That kind of insanity sounds like Canada. Oh well, good enough for me to say break out the nukes. We're not downwind right?
>>
>>134998
>start ww3 because of a few people being detained
>>
>>135020
> ww3
Those two guys will be the reason why the nukes are going to fly. Just american sleeper-scapegoats.
>>
>>134760
>>Otto Warmbier, 21, a student at the University of Virginia, was detained at Pyongyang airport on January 2 last year after visiting the country with a tour group. He has since been sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for allegedly removing a political sign from a hotel wall.
This happens all the time. Why are idiots still allowed to visit BEST KOREA? Are they really that stupid?
>>
>>135050
The "groups" they are talking about are almost always hard core Baptist evangelicals or Mormons trying to convert people. It's really no wonder they get arrested when it's against the laws of NK to discuss religion at all.
>>
>>134760
Another American that will probably die when Trump bombs them.
>>134772
They're neutral. Neutral and Eastern Bloc countries have embassies in Pyongyang and are the easiest way of conveying with the hostile nation.
>>
>>135049
The North Korean existence is the product of long passed ideology and conflict. Other anon may be retarded but I'm certain wars have been started over much less. Maybe it will be desert storm 2.0 maybe it will be Vietnam 2.0 or maybe it will a completely unique conflict.
>>
Well, I don't know how it looks from your side, but to me (EU)it looks as annual N.Korean bread begging has started.
I really don't believe one guy hides behind whole country. I almost feel sorry for normies in NK, if they think China will go to WW3 for them ,IDK what they are smoking.
Also, before, they thrown them a bone and peace for 10 years but now,Trump thinks global politics should be played as business so if he bankrupts competition,
nothing, maybe 50-100 people need to find another job, but shit can actually escalate and there will be nothing, no game,no moves, if someone survives,sticks and stones, like , literally.
>>
>>135050
>this guy is doing hard labor in NK as we speak
>no one talks about him anymore
>>
well, one of the first mistake is to name yourself with the name of their little retard leader kim jong poo
>>
>>135176
Why should they? Some random idiot tried to disrespect the government and got his comeupance. Nothing to talk about.
>>
>>134760
>play stupid games
>win stupid prizes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.