[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Operation Gotham Shield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>As North Korea threatens to unleash fury on the US, conspiracy theorists claim to have found 'evidence' that suggests Americans' fears should instead be focused closer to home.

>An alert has surfaced on the web describing an exercise called 'Operation Gotham Shield', which will conduct a simulation crisis by detonating a 10,000-ton nuclear bomb over the New York City/New Jersey area next week.

>Agencies involved in the exercise, which is said to be a routine drill, have noted that it will simulate 'a large scale terrorist attack' – but some believe it may turn into an actual disaster.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4433470/Alerts-says-Feds-simulate-nuke-blast-NYC-NJ.html
>>
yeah right
>>
>>134568
>Simulation Crisis
>Exercise
>Drill
The statement of a nuclear bomb within the exercise makes it somewhat like clickbait. These are routine events where nothing actually happens beyond a bunch of officials sitting in a room essentially playing city-themed DND. Parks and Recreation did an episode (S5E13) that's a good example of the process, although only as a side plot.

The terminology is key in the operation, as to what level they're going to. The following is a pretty good reference:
http://www.calhospitalprepare.org/post/what-difference-between-tabletop-exercise-drill-functional-exercise-and-full-scale-exercise

The exercise is between the HCANJ, LANJ, and NJDOH which are a medical organization, limousine/taxi organization, and the department of health. The participants have no ties to handling an actual nuclear weapon.

The disaster the article is referring to is an issue of scheduling.

As to a third party being involved, detonating an actual bomb during the exercise would cause confusion to the level of thinking it's part of the exercise for a few minutes. It would be silly as they've got their manuals right in front of them on how to respond to it.
>>
>>134664
>These are routine events where nothing actually happens beyond a bunch of officials sitting in a room essentially playing city-themed DND.
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>134667
Movie sets are more exciting than large scale drills.
They're shooting MI6 in Paris right now, there are stuntmen flying from cranes while bikes crashes into cars. It's literally more exciting than terrorism that doesn't use special effects.
Drills are pretty much a DnD with more phone calls to make sure everyone's playing correctly.
>>
Wasn't there some drill taking place on 9/11 that confused the shit out of everyone?
>>
>>134664
I've been through a number of drills like this due to my work. Big public agency.

The scenarios have been: Terrorist attack morphs into chemical weapons on an urban environment, then, it ended with a 12kt atomic bomb going off in the port. Flue pandemics- which is the one that's most likely to happen.and lots of others. Big civil disturbances, and so on.

It goes like this: You're at your assigned seat in your "section" and a guy in a vest stands up to tell you what just happened. "Mmmkay. Just wanna let you know that ah, ah, ah, 12 kiloton nuclear bomb just went off on Route 70 over the Hobbytown" and then the fun begins. Four hours of smelling the guy from transportation across the table from you later, you try to grab something to eat off of the catering table. Now that I mention it- all the exercises did have a sort of Dr Strangelove quality, in that it was supposed to absolute pandemonium outside, and we're all chewing cheese Danishes and nodding along.

Yes- there was an air defense drill going that day. If you listen to the 9/11 tapes the first controller is getting a call of a hijacking and pauses to ask "Is this real world?" and a female in the background says "Cool!"
>>
>>134693

Someone has served. Yes.
>>
>>134710
There was a drill in the hospitals the night of the Paris terror attacks.
It actually helped dealing with the few hundred wounded since there were literally preparing for it.
>>
http://awarenessact.com/u-s-government-to-simulate-nuclear-blast-over-manhattan/?=tet

https://youtu.be/b9EZW3JWn18

I am literally just now hearing about this
>>
>>134710
>If you listen to the 9/11 tapes the first controller is getting a call of a hijacking and pauses to ask "Is this real world?" and a female in the background says "Cool!"
When your anti-terrorist drill is so boring real terrorism becomes fun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.