[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump could reverse 597M$ in cuts to arts, poor and elderly if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 1

File: mar-a-lago.jpg (190KB, 1240x825px) Image search: [Google]
mar-a-lago.jpg
190KB, 1240x825px
Four services facing elimination under proposed cuts could be maintained at the cost of President's visits to private Florida resort over four years, figures show

Donald Trump could reverse his recently announced cuts to arts, poor and elderly services if he cut his trips to Mar-a-Lago and lived permanently in White House instead, figures indicate.

Calculations show four programmes that face elimination - which tackle homelessness, unemployment among over-55s, participation in the arts and helping the poor access higher education - could be maintained at the cost of the President’s trips to his private Florida resort over the course of four years.

The services amount to a total of $597 million — just less than the $600 million security arrangements for the Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago visits are estimated to cost the taxpayer over the course of his term.

The National Endowment for the Arts, which encourages participation in the arts ($152 million), the US Interagency Council on Homelessness ($4 million), an independent agency coordinating the federal government's efforts to reduce homelessness, the Senior Community Service Employment Program ($434 million), which has helped more than one million people 55 and older find jobs and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars ($11 million), providing scholarships and fellowships in social sciences and humanities, are all facing the axe in Mr Trump's budget.

This amounts to a total of $597 million (£483 million). According to CBS News, the President spent every weekend of his first 33 days in office at the Palm Beach estate - for which security is estimated to have cost $10 million (£8.1 million).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-budget-cuts-mar-a-lago-nea-arts-poor-elderly-meals-on-wheels-florida-weekends-us-a7634551.html
>>
American taxpayers must foot a bill of more than $3 million (£2.4 million) each time he travels there, rather than staying at the official presidential residence of the White House — amounting to $600 million over the four years.

>The services are among hundreds of programmes and agencies the budget proposed would be eliminated to pave the way for a $54 billion (£44 billion) increase in defence spending.

>The $1.15 trillion (£1 trillion) budget – titled 'America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again' — which covered only discretionary, not mandatory, spending — also stated plans to slash funding for Meals on Wheels, a program that provides meals for the poor, elderly and veterans, as well as health care and nutrition for low-income women, infants and children.

>Days after the proposals were announced, Mr Trump is to return to his lavish Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach this weekend, marking his fifth visit to the resort during the short period he's been serving the White House.

>Mr Trump’s frequent visits to Mar-a-Lago stand in contrast to his pledges during the campaign. He told a reporter in 2015: “I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations.

>“I would not be a president that takes time off… You don’t have time to take time off.”

The President's regular jaunts also appear to contradict his previous criticisms of Mr Obama, who was condemned by Republicans when he flew to Palm Beach during his presidency.

“The habitual vacationer, Barack Obama, is now in Hawaii. This vacation is costing taxpayers $4 milion +++ while there is 20% unemployment,” the now President wrote on Twitter in December 2011 - when the unemployment rate was actually 8.5 per cent.
>>
how much longer are we going to pretend this behavior by our politicians is acceptable
>>
>independent
>>
>>134333
I know right? Taxing people to prop up upper middle class collegiate dropouts who make shitty modern art so they can live in a studio apartment and smoke week
>>
>>134362
And museums, and theaters, and all manner of artistic venues and events.
If that means an occasional moocher, I'm OK with that. I'd rather support 1000 moochers than a single president with this level of disdain for the working class.
>>
>tfw you don't care about any of the programs that are being cut, but you still want Trump to knock it off with all the trips but you already knew that of all the presidents, trump would never be the one to take money OUT of politics or spend LESS, since his entire persona revolves around him spending big, winning big and being the best

Oh boy. Rick Flair is finally president and now people are shocked that Rick Flair is doing Rick Flair shit. This is everyone's fault. We should've stopped all of this a few presidents ago, but nope. Too scared and stupid to put enough rules in place to avoid this.

Well, at least it'll all look pretty burning
>>
>>134366
This, there's a certain necessity in having our leader look as wealthy and grandiose as we want the country to look, but somewhere between the million dollar helicopter rides and constant non-Camp David excursions we should have had the shame as a country to treat this as a non-partisan matter.

The president, like all government officials, is supposed to be a servant, ignoring the reality of the matter, especially with with rich fucks like Trump who can donate their salary away in big dumb shows of faux-charity, we shouldn't expect to service them as much as we seem to regularly do.
>>
Good
>>
>>134367
>This, there's a certain necessity in having our leader look as wealthy and grandiose as we want the country to look

I think we should have a country with low income inequality where the political class expects the same quality of life as the upper middle class.
>>
>>134365
You're projecting really hard. This article, first off, is a snuff peice. Gaslighting to the highest order.

"With all the money spent on travel, the president could buy 10000000 burgers for starving children!"

So what? Thats illogical comparison. He's the president. It's part of his job to travel. This is just another example of gutter journalism b ly an embittered left and a sore mainstream media outlet.

Another thing; it's not the governments job to prop up the arts. It's probobly the last thing on its list of responsibilities. And with the massive amount of debt this country holds and the rising tensions between foreign powers, economic troubles, immigration issues, and terrorism I'd say funding bureaucratic arts programs and hand out institutions are the very very last thing we should worry about.

These articles are trash. No thoughtfulness, just errant children bitching about "Drumph".
>>
>>134366
>create awesome country by rebelling against Britain and its ways
>allow country to become just like Britain and its ways
>>
>>134373
>You're projecting really hard. This article, first off, is a snuff peice. Gaslighting to the highest order.

the article is stupid, however TRump is wasting taxpayer money like crazy.

And you don't seem to understand what "snuff piece" or "gaslighting" mean, m80
>>
>>134325
imagine how much could be saved of everyone in America just sent in 25 cents each day! Or what if we all spent less on food and sent in that money!
>>
>>134403
You're going in the wrong direction here.

We provide an incredible, ridiculous amount of money to protect the president, he's a walking talking no-fly-zone. And he should be, he's important. But at the rate he's going, Trump is going to cost billions by the end of his four year term.

What we need, are spending limits. Trump should get the security we can afford. Trump does not see himself as a public servant, so stop treating him like one.
>>
>>134408
Or everyone could just send in $2 and fund it, it's so cheap! I bet everyone has a $2 bill just sitting around that they wanted to keep so just send that in!
>>
>>134366
>Rick Flair is finally president and now people are shocked that Rick Flair is doing Rick Flair shit.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>134408
I'll ask you a question you cant answer to prove a point dummy.

Are Trumps trips a waste of taxpayer money? What is he doing on those trips? Who is he talking to?

What it sounds to me is you don't like him and you'll look for anything from the clothes he wears to the food he eats to be a little whiny bitch about it.
>>
>>134414
Since he does nothing on them that couldn't be done staying in Washington, the trips are a prety massive waste of money. Just stay where all the facilities for meetings and negotiations with foreign heads of state and shit are. It'd be less awkward for him if he hadn't justifiably moaned about Obama wasting a shitload of money going on a similar trip once.
>>
>>134373
>its part of his job to travel
>its part of his job to use tax funds for vacationing
i get it. it hasnt happen but saying it could happen
>he hasnt shown any sign during his term that would indicate he would wast tax
>>
Commie Jews no longer get a goverment handout for producing degenerative crap they call art. As a working class tax payer I'm ok with that.
>>
>>134425
As a taxpayer, I would rather pay for an artist than a king.
>>
>>134325
That's a shitty article. Sure Trump is pissing money up the wall with his stupid trips to a fucking coastal resort, but mostly I just want to know how effective those programmes they mention really are.

$4M on the homelessness stuff is less than pocket change, so cutting it seems pointless, unless you could show that it isn't doing anything effective. Same goes for the $11M scholarship thing, I'm more interested in an independent assessment of whether the programme is actually working. The arts endowment is starting to look like actual money, though unless it's failing to produce any plays or documentaries or whatever it's still cheap enough that you might as well keep it. The senior jobs thing looks horrible, though. More than 400 bucks per job found? Odds are the economic benefit from those jobs justifies the cost, but it still feels like it should be way lower. Is it seriously that labor intensive to guide the clients, or are they having to spend the money getting companies to provide listings?
>>
>>134362
Poor and elderly? Please show me one example of a upper middle class weed smoker that is suckling off the tit of govt? The tax breaks are for the rich. The regulations benefit the rich. Our middle class is failing and you are bitching about a false narrative? We need to create jobs and chopping our social programs so he can go on vacation and increase military spending is not a solution for jobs.
>>
>>134373
Idiot
>>
>>134403
We send in massive amounts of money already you dumb shits. The problem is spending. Military spending far exceeds any of this and is completely irrational. His trips are excess and unnecessary. Why are we cutting small programs that benefit the majority of Americans when we could be cutting excess fat that we don't benefit from at all?
>>
>>134429
\$597M can do a lot of good for a lot of people when invested in sensible programs.

>I'm more interested in an independent assessment of whether the programme is actually working.

Well, ff course; that goes for every program. Obviously that's beyond the purview of this article. But as a rule, a social program that was created by legislators with their budget estimates is a wiser investment than Trump's arbitrary decision to live wherever he wants and to bring his security apparatus with him.

Even if these programs were totally useless and had no thought or budget estimates invested into their creation, the entire point is there are endless better ways to spend half a billion taxpayer dollars than what Trump has decided to do.
>>
>>134414
>Are Trumps trips a waste of taxpayer money?
Yes. He could simply stay in that massive house we built for him.
>What is he doing on those trips?
Golfing and stuffing his fat face.
>Who is he talking to?
People he can talk to in DC.
>>
>>134414
Sounds to me, like you are a whining little bitch because the piece of shit you voted for barely won and is doing a shit job. Keep trying to justify your vote. You are an idiot for believing he would benefit anyone but himself. Wait and see.
>>
>>134414
Well it's especially grating that Mick Mulvaney lectured people that taxpayers couldn't be expected to fund many domestic programs when Trump's budget was questioned while Trump spends on himself with abandon and like no president before him.
>>
>>134427
>you think your preferences are more important than others
And that's what's wrong with the left.

>>134454
Not an argument.
>>
>>134467

>>134425
>And that's what's wrong with the left
Que?
Also bait
>>
>>134468
They would rather pay for a king than an artist. They say this as if it's the obvious correct choice or like there are no other options. There are, and people have different priorities.

But that anon is stating their opinion as if it is the correct answer or as a fact. It's not. It's an opinion. And in case they haven't been paying attention lately, the liberal agenda is not the one in power. The left is used to speaking for the majority and they don't anymore.

I know you can point out the popular vote and say you are, but looking at the county election map it's clear people who vote liberal are isolated to very small spots in the country.

It's clear to me that the days a leftist throws their opinion around as the correct opinion is over. At least until the pendulum swings back.

But I guess dismissing these key points on why the world isn't a higbox for leftist ideology anymore is just too much dissonance and is therefore dismissed as "bait" by the laziest of posters.
>>
>>134473
>They would rather pay for a king than an artist.
Did you mean they would rather pay for an artist than a king? Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.
>But that anon is stating their opinion as if it is the correct answer or as a fact. It's not. It's an opinion
>>134427

>I would rather

What are you even talking about? Which one is the liberal in your mind?

Also bait
>>
>>134467
Pure projection. The right is a control freak. Forcing it's corporate agenda on everyone. Keep the military industrial complex going. Keep holding wall street up with corporate welfare and bailouts. Ignore the obvious cancer in the system and instead cut social programs. Programs that overall spending is tiny in comparison. We could benefit significantly more by cutting out corporate loop holes and excess spending. But the right wants everyone to sit down and shut up while they get rich by cheating. Then the poor on the right sit and bicker about stupid shit like abortion rights and sjws. Pay attention! You are being taken advantage of.
>>
>>134473
Holy shit the projection and victim complex. Somebody get this anon some play-doh and a blanket.
>>
>>134484
No he's an liar, AKA a liberal comie faggot lol
>>
>>134484
I can't resist. Also I'm procrastinating on a paper.
>>
>>134473
If you asked me, Welfare and Social Programs should be abolished; along with all of the regulatory departments such as the EPA and DoL.

Those spoiled city dwelling shit bags cannot even take care of themselves.
>>
>>134483
Look at that Liberal sloth mocking a hard working human being criticizing the their kind.
>>
>>134496
there are millions of white Americans in flyover states on disability as their precious manufacturing jobs were shipped overseas.

Welfare serves a purpose, it allows those on hard luck a matter of time to seek new employment. And remember, welfare does not last forever, it can be exhausted and denied, and it gives the gov. rights to ensure the welfare recipient is seeking employment. The alternative is just allow people to become homeless and desperate, which would further devolve the USA into becoming a third world country- those forgotten and homeless would work illegally for lower wages and drag down everybody else s wages with them. I don't want this country to become the next China or Malaysia.

>>134473
>l are isolated to very small spots in the country.

which happen to make up the majority of the country population/economy wise.
>>
What's wrong with Camp David? It seems pretty nice.
>>
>>134373
This. The article simply estimates how often trump will visit mar-a-lago during his presidency, then decides that it's the equivalent cost of social programs, which the article uses to appeal to the readers emotion.

It's really easy to make an equivalency when half of the equation is conjecture and the other half is emotional fodder. It like saying im a bad person because the number of times I go golfing in 2023 could pay for an orphans education.
>>
>>134558

An estimate based on reasonable data, like extrapolating Trump's future choices of where to live based on where he's stayed so far, is a totally rational.

This is how we make budgets. We reserve funds on the basis of what we expect our spending habits to be in the future. This is not baseless conjecture; he's already spent money in this manner.

He is spending taxpayer dollars to the tune of half a billion to live outside of the whitehouse and simultaneously claiming he can't afford to spend taxpayer dollars on social programs for Americans.

That should provoke emotion, it should make people upset, and for good reason, that they will probably be footing the bill for his disgusting behavior and he apparently doesn't give two shits. Meanwhile his budget director has the nerve to lecture Americans about what social programs our taxdollars shouldn't afford.

>It like saying im a bad person because the number of times I go golfing in 2023 could pay for an orphans education.

He should live comfortably, and he can do that in the whitehouse, like every other president. The rate at which he's spending taxpayer dollars to foot the bill for a luxury lifestyle is unacceptable.
>>
>>134558
>the number of times I go golfing in 2023 could pay for an orphans education.

It probably could and there are moral arguments that do make you a bad person for that, but as Peter Singer (who developed that moral philosophy) says, there will always be one more starving child to feed so if you feed one, consider going out to a nice restaurant. There is less severity to your actions because you are not fully responsible for the worlds ills, and in addition to that you are not a public servant who can be judged by a voting populace. Trump on the other hand, has a good solid portion of the worlds ills on his plate directly as PRESIDENT OF THE MOTHERFUCKAN USA.

Trump campaigned that he would be a working president and that he would have no time for golf, but he has gone several times in the same span that Obama went 0 times (and when Obama did, he went to local courses in DC which cost nil). Trump likes being president, he likes giving speeches, he likes golfing, and he hates immigrants- and I think he's living out his twilight years in fantastic style. He's got a swagger in his walk and thinks this is all pretty sweet. He is clearly not taking his presidency very seriously, he does not consider himself a servant to us. It's time for our money to stop being spent on him, he needs to be reigned in. Shut down airforce 1.
>>
>>134549
This is an educated guess, but going to Camp David means he can't pay himself or up Mar-a-Lago's costs.
>>
>>134563
Leftist sophistry is still sophistry. You could do this with litterally anything, or anyone.

"The profits that Apple made on selling iTunes subscriptions could have paid for 100 homeless people to go to college!"

Fucking stupid. Have a little personal insight, Jesus.
>>
https://youtu.be/7SOLVg_ZY8w

Retarded leftists at it again. Look, Trump and the Republicans pay their own wages. They're actually sacrificing income and QOL to serve us. You think they want to be politicians, especially when most of them could be making more in their private sector jobs vs on the government dole? They aren't welfare queens or professional politicians like Sanders or Clinton.
>>
>>134636
>Trump and the Republicans pay their own wages.

What proof do you have for this bullshit? I can't believe you guys make shit like this up and expect people to believe you. Republicans are just as corrupt and out for themselves as the Dems. Give me a break. Absolute crap.
>>
>>134585
Apple is not on tax payers dollars...

Pay attention and think before you talk. You are making everyone on your "team" look like idiots.
>>
>>134636
>I don't need your money for this job, so I don't feel obligated in any way to do this for your benefit. I can run my section of the government purely for my benefit with no moral crisis at all about you being shafted in the process!
Jesus christ republicans are stupid.
>>
>>134647
Lol go to bed before your dad finds out your using his work computer dumbass
>>
>>134666
Do you seriously hold the POTUS to the same standards you hold a corporation?
>>
>>134373
>It's part of his job to travel
Not to go golfing on his own vacation property, and charge the tax-payer for the privilege every other weekend since he's been in office.

>Trump campaigned that he would be a working president and that he would have no time for golf
This. If he hadn't jerked off during the campaign about how he was going to be making the executive a much more lean, hard-at-work position I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.
>>
>>134585
No, but if you were a shareholder in Apple you could complain about one of the company's leadership padding his pockets on the company's profits.
>>
>>134362
>smoke week
Top kek
>>
Art is cancer, the poor need to learn how to manage their money, and the elderly can eat a dick.
>>
>>134666
I guess if you can't defend the position just make shit up. Sore loser.
>>
>>134779
Your ideology is a cancer. Wake up. The only reason Trump got elected, is because the more intellegent left chose not to vote for a fucked up candidate like Hillary. Voter turnout was shit for a reason. We abstained and you dumb shits barely won. Good luck next time...
>>
>>134785
>"The more intelligent left"
>Ideology
>Only lost because we were too smart to vote for her

Wooo the ride never ends
>>
>>134325
>tackle homelessness, unemployment

the only program that "tackles" any of that is eliminating minimum wage
>>
>OMG $500 million cut to programs that help kids :(((((((((

Yeah, don't mention that 75% of that money probably goes to some bureaucrats that sit around all day checking their emails and browsing Fagbook.
>>
>>134785
Eat shit, crybaby. Social unrest hasn't been this shit since the 60s, all under your watch, so shove it up your ass.
>>
>>134808
>Social unrest hasn't been this shit since the 60s,
Cite your sources honey.
>>
>>134805
So Trump?
>>
>>134808
Wow. History lesson please? Explain who exactly is to blame for the shit we are in? There has been endless piece of shit Democrats and Republicans running this hell hole for long enough. I'm tired of the corporate welfare state. We need to quit giving hand outs to wall street. The rich have it good enough. They don't need more freebies. He should have a spending limit. I don't want to pay for it.
>>
>>134805
>The entire government is like the DMV

K
>>
>Democrats vote for higher taxes
>Democrats surprised when taxes used for stupid shit

Maybe if there wasn't as much of that tax money it wouldn't get spent willy nilly. Golly geewillikers doesn't that tickle your thinkers?
>>
Trump supports are so fucking delusional. I thought the warmongering in syria iran and korea etc would make them let go of their last hopes but stockholm's syndrome is in full effect I guess?
>>
>>134862
If there was less tax money they'd just cut social spending and pump up the defence budget.
>>
>>134865
>WHY WON'T THEY BELIEVE OUR MEDIA AFTER THE PAST TWO YEARS >:(

Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>134865
Idk man, it's almost like the mainstream media has an agenda people don't agree with
>>
>>134325
No, no he couldn't.

That isn't how the government's budget works at all. The closest to directly saving cost this way would be slashing the department of treasury (think that is the SS department) by that amount and handing it over to those various departments. But those departments would probably require a little bit more to make up for bureaucracy inefficiencies.

This would then in turn put other people out of work back in the treasury.
>>
>>134325

We’d already have a colony on fucking Mars, if Obama and Hillary (at Israel’s behest...) hadn’t launched Operation “Arab Spring”.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/02/isis-war-cost-charts-syria-iraq
BRYAN SCHATZ
FEB. 22, 2016

The US War on ISIS Is Costing a Fortune

More than a year and a half and $6.2 billion later, there's no end in sight.

It's been a year and a half since the United States launched Operation Inherent Resolve, unofficially declaring war on ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The numbers are already staggering: As of January 31, after 542 days of airstrikes, the cost of the campaign reached $6.2 billion, or about $480,000 for every hour of the campaign. And the expenses are set to grow: The Pentagon is asking for another $7.5 billion to continue battling ISIS—double the amount requested for 2016.
>>
>>134985
Lmao so now you don't want us to fight ISIS?
>>
>>135058
weak
>>
>>134946
>Gee, I don't know.
>>134971
>almost like the mainstream media has an agenda people don't agree with

Niggers. please.
Politicians have a far bigger history of distorting the truth, and _they're_ the ones with an agenda, not the "mainstream" media.
In fact, alternative media sources (Infowars, Breitbart, etc) are almost always created to serve a particular political agenda.
Yes, Fox and CNN both have obvious biases, but they also have far more credibility than Alex Jones, Arianna Huffington, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton combined.
>>
>>134985
>The US War on ISIS Is Costing a Fortune
From the article:
>542 days of airstrikes, the cost of the campaign reached $6.2 billion,
That's $6.2 billion in just under a year and a half.
The defense budget for that same period is $888 billion.
So, 0.7% of the defense budget.
And even that's misleading, since some of that $6.2 billion is either sunk costs or money we would have spent even if we weren't fighting ISIS.

>We’d already have a colony on fucking Mars
There's no reason to believe we'd have spent the money on a mars mission if we hadn't spent it on fighting ISIS.
Besides, NASA estimates a manned Mars mission (not a colony, just a mission) would cost $100 billion over 30 to 40 years.
http://www.space.com/16918-nasa-mars-human-spaceflight-goals.html
>>
>>135060
>not the "mainstream" media.
News media companies definitely have an agenda to make money, and traditional media isn't an exception. Journalists aren't uniquely unbiased, either.
>>
>>135060
>95% of maintstream news outlets supported Hillary
>CNN, WaPost, and NyTimes caught calluding with Clinton campaign
>BuzzFeed / CNN Piss Dossier
>NyTimes "Russia hacked the grid" story
>Owners of all three donated to Clinton campaign and Clinton Foundation
>All three literally accept payments from Saudi Arabia to run pro-Saudi stories
>Trumps mainstream coverage since 2016 has been overwhelmingly negative (86% according to Rueters)

I can go on man. They are orgs run by people. People are flawed and have adgendas. The US news media isn't special or sanctamonius and they never have been. Follow the money trail.
>>
>>135164
http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-endorsements-newspaper-editorial-board-president-2016-2016-9
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-endorsements-newspaper-editorial-board-president-2016-10

I don't know how someone could pretend there's never bias or an agenda. American news outlets are incredibly sanctimonious, by the way.
>>
>>135067
>nobody's perfect, you might as well watch Alex Jones as anybody else.
tinfoil.jpg
>>
>>135164
>>Trumps mainstream coverage since 2016 has been overwhelmingly negative (86% according to Rueters)
>implying that's not because he's a remarkably unqualified candidate
>>
>>135173
>>135180

I think you have too much faith in establishments. I don't think you really aknowledge any if the facts I stated above either. I also think Trump is very qualified, and is doing a decent job.
>>
>>135183
I think you are fucking retarded
>>
>>135179
You're retarded if you're not reading multiple perspectives on any topic.
>>
>>135207
>You're retarded if you're not reading multiple perspectives on any topic.
You're retarded if you include the hyper-agendized alternative media in the same class as the real news.
A balanced meal wouldn't include a bowl full of pure sugar and a bowl full of dirt.
Balanced coverage wouldn't include several low-credibility sites each trying to push an agenda.
>>
>>135208
You're a straw man. Not just your argument, but you yourself are a straw man.
>>
>>134325
..over the four years.
Trump have only been the President of America for? months? so confused.... that this is even relevant
>>
>>135203
The great thing is, as is evidenced by your comments, you don't seem to think very logically at all
>>
>>135210
What, are you just spouting buzzwords now?
>>
up until about 15 years ago you donated money to things like this it was not government funded . The down side by having it government funded it the government will dictate what is art or literature , not you who make the donations.
>>
>>135226
>up until about 15 years ago you donated money to things like this it was not government funded
NEA has been around since 1965.
But governments have been sponsors of the arts since before recorded history began.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronage#Arts
>>
>>134365
Artists are not working class
>>
>>134325
Is this /pol/? Because this isn't news, its opinion.....

Why is the government funding arts? Why is the government funding aid to the poor & elderly? Last time I checked we are still over run with the poor & old people no matter how much aid is given to them.....

And don't even get me started on what Obama's fuel bill alone was for airfare one flying around to golf in asia...or to shill for that idiot hillary....
>>
>>134325

Mark(((Zuckerburg))) could fully fund the arts by himself if he wanted to do so. Why do you kikes always think it's "generous" to take OTHER PEOPLES MONEY? There's nothing stopping you subhuman faggots from sending every single dime you earn to the US Treasury.
>>
>>136279
>Mark(((Zuckerburg))) could fully fund the arts by himself if he wanted to do so.

True, let's let liberals fund the arts and public broadcasting. Conservatives can be responsible for finding a way to pay for the wall, the 10B increase in military spending if they want it.

In fact, let's cut the military budget in half, that's what we'll be collectively responsible for. Trump supporters can be responsible for the rest of what Trump's alloted in his budget for the military. With what liberals save, we can foot the bill for single payer healthcare and high speed rail for liberals only and we can subsidize the shift to renewable energy tech with the other ~150B/yr.
>>
>>136242
The typical artist is.
Most hold second jobs so they can support themselves while they work on their art.
>>
>>136294
>implying federal funding goes to the poor ones
>>
>>136301

They don't just hand cheques to people calling themselves starving artists, probably because conservatives' heads would explode.

But it helps to fund local arts exhibitions and it goes toward museums and programs that cultivate interest in the arts which indirectly supports all artists.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.