[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fair news sources?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 0

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34910954

I'm not totally sure if this should go here, so sorry if it's off-topic, but since it's a news board, I thought people might like to discuss where they get their news.

I'm trying to find a good, relatively large, news source that tones down the bias from both sites. I don't want liberal trash like salon, CNN, MSN, etc, but I also don't want conservative trash like Breitbart, Fox, etc. I also don't want something so small and irrelevant that they don't matter.

It seems having all 3 of those things together are mutually exclusive. Can anyone contradict that?

I included a link to something about this as per board rules, to show the kind of PC lib trash I DON'T want. I couldn't find a conservative version within 48 hours, but they are doubtless there.
>>
I like Reuters and AP in that order

I tend to stick to their international feeds on Flipboard
>>
CNTV
>>
>>1338
I have paid subscriptions to the NYtimes, the New Yorker, and Foreign Affairs. I watch PBS for nightly news. My phone aggregates stories and videos from the Smithsonian, The Daily Beast, WSJ, Reuters, and VoA. I also read a lot of leather bound books.
>>
RT
>>
r/worldnews
>>
>>1374
These are fine, but personally I would add a few random international newspaper sites to your mix there. You might be surprised what one can learn about your own country from reading The Malaysia Strait-Times or The Times of India.
>>
>>1385
I read El PaĆ­s and The Times of India occasionally (a story or two every week). I also watch CSPAN a lot.
>>
>>1346
This. Euronews is also good but the don't give many information.
>>
>>1414
This.
I like the euronews because of their no-comments (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIVkfeqOALo) and they are imo the best TV news channel in EU (that also stream in their app).
>>
The diplomat.
>>
>>1338
I don't know how serious you are but,the way I see it, you have to have multiple sources for everything. For instance, watching Europe's coverage of the United States up coming elections is HUGE entertainment for me. You just have to love it. Not too long ago I was on DStar and this guy was telling this other guy about I24 and that he should watch it. So I went there and it was a whole new side of the news. Things like this seriously appeal to me as I am pretty much disabled and don't get around like I used to. The Internet has been the mother-load of news for me and I love it. SO MANY PEOPLE talking out their ass because they are uninformed. I think it is all peoples job to know what the hell is going on all over the world. I Want to really GET DOWN with this board. Woo Hoo!
>>
>>1970
I forgot to post this....
http://www.i24news.tv/en/
>>
>>1338
I N F O W A R S
N
F
O
W
A
R
S
>>
BBC is good for anything non English

Breitbart is good for tech stuff
>>
>>1338
IranFrontPage translates the headlines of Iranian newspapers into English, it's really good if you're interested in what's happening there.
>>
>>1973
bizarre layout, frames everywhere. Looks like a french Huffington Post with more frames.

>>1976
The answer to 1984 is $19.95 in the infowars store.

>>1979
Agreed about the BBC. They offer a good summary of US News but their international coverage is one of the better sources out there. Not many agencies still send so many reporters out in the field like they do, especially partially government funded ones like the BBC.

Breitbart is clickbait crap though, and making Milo the flamboyantly gay anti-SJW tech editor was a horrible decision.
>>
>>1338
Go to reddit if you want to ban right-wing sources.
>>
I support Breitbart being allowed here.
>>
>>1338
al jazeera and bbc are faves
>>
>>1338

Breitbart isn't trash
>>
>>1374

>I also read a lot of leather bound books.

4/10
>>
>>1338
>I don't want liberal trash like salon, CNN, MSN, etc, but I also don't want conservative trash like Breitbart, Fox, etc.
>anything I disagree with needs to be banned
I want fascists to leave.
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>2355
I was wondering when the Breitbart interns were going to get here.

Breitbart is below the usual clickbait trash. Andrew Breitbart helped invent the concept of clickbait on the internet. His site is a cathedral to it now that he's dead.
>>
>>2362

don't listen to him OP. Check it out for yourself.

consider, for example, this article;

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/19/exclusive-6-men-from-pakistan-afghanistan-busted-illegally-entering-arizona-from-mexico/
>>
>>2376
I know all about Breitbart. I've watched their interns shit up /pol/ with self promotional Milo and Ben Shapiro marketing threads for the last 6 months. And thats' on top of the usual clickbait links. On /pol/ they call it 'kikebart' there for a good reason.

>exclusive
Exclusive my ass. They've been caught openly making shit up or twisting the truth enough to get their outrage bait headline hundreds of times. They don't care if it's true or not, they only care that they outrage or alarm you enough to click the link to find out more. It's a business model, not journalism.
>>
Al Jazeera
AP
Small Wars Journal
Information Dissemination
Real Clear Defense
>>
>>1436
>>1414
They are kinda pro-euro bias(ofcourse lel) and therefor dislike puttin beyond unfairnesses and thus show some of their biasnness, for example - putin gave some interview a year ago about a conspiracy of some sort that had some support funding it, and 5 seconds in the translator was doing his job - the english reporter interrupted him and practically said 'this is euronews live and we're going back to regular broadcasting' - reporting about fucking flowers. and the report wasn't even live, while the putin one was!

bit of a ramble but I hope you can see what I mean. but yes their no-comment thing is wonderful, love it too
>>
Imho, RussiaToday, Al Jazeera, BBC for info on US news.
Fox, MSN, CNN for info on foreign news.
>>
>>2379
>On /pol/ they call it 'kikebart'
I've literally never seen it being called that in my life and I browse /pol/ every day.
>>
BBC and Reuters are pretty unbiased, and then RT, al jazeera, and Vice are all pretty good although they have their own biases
>>
>>1374

I chuckled
>>
That depends on what you want to see news of.

For US stuff RussiaToday is good.

For EU stuff EUobserver is good.

But i stopped following those since there's /pol/ and as of now /new/, and just follow my own country's news sites.
>>
>>2356
>4/10
I guess class can't compete with dancing with the stars.
>>
>>2493

It's one or two idiots who call it that. Probably asspained libruls who get upset at their bullshit being called out by someone in the media.
>>
I user reddit tbh fam
>>
>>2357
>anything I disagree with needs to be banned
>implying OP said anything of the sort
>>
>>1338
>I'm trying to find a good, relatively large, news source that tones down the bias from both sites

It's almost utterly impossible. You need to get your news from MULTIPLE sources to learn all the angles.
>>
>>2493
It's because only one guy does it. He even uses the same pics. There is nothing wrong with breitbart.
>>
>>2493
The only pics that I ever see talking shit about it are the ones where they're pro Israel.
>>
>>2493
>>2550
>>2575
You guys are joking right? Or perhaps just new. You can't post a thread at any time of day from there without getting a
>kikebart
>>
>>1338
NPR
BBC
The Economist
Wired

I don't agree with any of their editorial nias but it is easy to factor it out.
>>
>>2729
You can tell that the area experts that NPR, BBC, and The Economist have know their shit. In vanilla news wires like Reuters and AP all they do is cut up old stories and tape them on to breaking events. In many cases less than accurate information can continue to be reported for years. I've seen the same thing on cable news networks, but they make up for it by bringing in partisan pundits that are usually able to stumble their way through to a main point or two.

tl;dr: your list is good
>>
>>2575
>>2550
>>2493
kikebart interns detected
>>
>>1374
>>1394
>>2547
>*tips fedora
>>
>>2794
What are you implying?
>>
The Blaze
>>
>>2357
>everything I dislike needs to go away
What's with all the little babies running around this board? Is it reddit?
>>
>>1973
Sounds like you are excited for this board, you are literally the only one hehe.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.