[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sandstorm Uncovered Possible Unknown Archaeological Site in Iran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 2424754[1].jpg (261KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
2424754[1].jpg
261KB, 1000x667px
http://www.archaeology.org/news/5483-170412-iran-sandstorm-fahraj

It was actually found last week. The details are just now coming out in western press outside of Iran.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/412405/Sandstorm-unearths-ancient-site-in-southeastern-Iran

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/412450/Archaeologists-dispatched-to-newly-unearthed-site-in-southeast

>“A team of archaeologists has been dispatched to Fahraj in order to determine whether the site was used to be a necropolis or an inhabitance,” CHTN quoted Mohammad Vafaei, the director of the CHTHO provincial department, as saying on Saturday.

>The CHTHO officials have yet to confirm the antiquity of the site until the surveys conclude whether the area or the excavated objects are of historical value.

>Vafaei added it is premature to label the region as ‘historical’ without studying it first.

>Previously, Fahraj Governor Gholamreza Nejat-Khaleqi announced that some 5,000 square meters of the site and its relics have been unearthed in a district called Negin Kavir.

>Law enforcement forces have cordoned off the area, letting archeologists to dig up and determine the exact age of the site, Nejat-Khaleqi added.

>Big, sprawling Kerman Province is something of a cultural melting pot, blending various regional cultures over the course of time. It is also home to rich tourist spots and historical sites including bazaars, mosques, caravanserais and ruins of ancient urban areas.
>>
Let's hope the Islamic state doesn't fucking destroy it all again
>>
>>131598
My first thought as well
>>
What was that song again?
>>
>>131598
ISIS is not in Iran, they are also getting weaker all the time so they have no manpower or resources trying to fight Iran when they are getting destroyed by Iraq.
>>
Wouldn't you want to go down in that hole with a flashlight and a shovel? I'm sure every villager around there is trying to.
>>
>>131630
They probably think ISIS is Iran.
>>
>>131631
That's why police secured the site.
>>
>>131645
I don't know what the punishment for looting an archaeological site in Iran is, but I doubt it's non-custodial.
>>
>>131630
Whichever islamist group you want then m8, there's plenty to go around and they all enjoy destroying their own cultural heritage
>>
>>131695
>all "islamist" groups are the same
You must be 18+ to post on this board, son.
>>
>>131695
The only militants allowed in Iran are government loyal.
They're good boys and the certainly don't vandalise historical sites.
>>
>>131712
>strawman for no reason
OK
>>
>>131631
>read article
>start humming Raiders of the Lost Ark tune
>>
>>131962
>"they all enjoy destroying their own cultural heritage"
>complains about other people using strawmen
>>
>>131598
It's in Iran. They actually respect their cultural heritage.
>>
>>131988
Just stop he's retarded.
>>
>>131579
Wouldn't it be neat if they found something like the arc of the covenant in there?
>>
>>131598
Honestly, call me callous but THIS is the worst thing I think the IS has done. Destroying important historical and cultural heritage landmarks and locations pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>132604
Id say you are slightly autistic if you think this is worse than other cruel things they do. Would you also say that al qaida blowing up that Buddha statue was worse than 9/11?
>>
>>132606
Not him, but how the hell does that make him autistic? Destroying human history is one of the worst things one could possibly do.
>>
>>132600
It would be even more neat if they found something from the Kingdom of Elam which is thousands of years older than the Arc of the covenant is supposed to be.
>>
>>131988
Islamist groups don't destroy ancient churches, temples and mosques regularly?
>>
>>133561
One islamic group does. Do they represent them all?
>>
>>133563
Islamist=\=Islamic
>>
>>131969
>read this post
>song started playing in my head
>took me a good 5 seconds to realize the song playing was of Jurassic Park
>>
If anyone has video links to this please share
What civilization would you guys guess it is?
>>
>>133711
According to http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/sandstorm-iran-reveals-remnants-what-possibly-ancient-city-007918
it's likely to be Islamic middle ages from 661 to 1508 AD. But that might just be the top layer of something far more ancient and Iranian archeological authorities say they refuse to give a preliminary date until they are able to do more research, which should come soon. Hopefully the English language Iranian press will report on it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.