[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amid allegations of unpaid taxes, neo-Nazism, and sex offender,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/amid-allegations-of-unpaid-taxes-neo-nazism-and-sex-offender-denver-furry-convention-canceled

>Fur is flying between different sects of a niche community of Coloradans over allegations of neo-Nazism, unpaid taxes and fake legal threats that has led to the cancellation of the popular annual “furry” convention in Denver.

>The journey down the furry wormhole started with a tweet Monday night from JJ MacNab, a Forbes writer who covers anti-government extremism.

>But before getting into the rest of the story, let’s try and clear up exactly what a furry is – though even that is open to interpretation.

>The Furry Writers’ Guild website, which says it is “supporting, informing, elevating, and promoting quality anthropomorphic fiction and its creators,” says furries, furs and furry fandom are “a fan community focused on appreciation of anthropomorphic animal characters (animals given human traits/characteristics.)”

>But in the next paragraph on the site, it says, “If you ask ten people in the fandom for a definition of furry, you’re likely to wind up with eleven different answers.”

>A Google search brings up the definition of: “An enthusiast for animal characters with human characteristics, in particular a person who dresses up in costume as such a character or uses one as an avatar online.”
>>
Now random pieces here and there:

>“Last month, we were faced with a sudden and drastic increase in security costs amounting to more than a third of our entire existing operating budget…[which] stemmed directly from the very public threats of violence against one another by members of this community, as well as the negative backlash from misinformation spread about the convention, its staff and attendees,” the announcement of the convention’s cancellation, written by one of the board members, “Sorin,” said.

>“Therefore, Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2017 is officially canceled,” the message continued. “I will no longer continue to subject my staff and our community to the lies, hate, violence and slander that was disseminated by a small, vocal minority.”

>The backlash against the convention for canceling was immediate.

>“Wow. You guys could not have made a worse decision,” wrote one person on the convention’s Facebook page.

>“I got engaged at this con and this [was] also the con I went to on my honeymoon. That just ruined everything for me,” wrote another person.

>“Love how instead of handling the situation like adults you instead shut everything down in hopes it will all just go away,” wrote another.
>>
>The intricacies of the story were first reported on the Dogpatch Press, a blog devoted to news about the furry community, in a post published Monday called “Rocky Mountain Fur Con backs neo-nazis, sex offender to intimidate critic for reporting threat.” There was also a post made on Flayrah, another furry-devoted website, on Monday as well that covered the allegations.

>The series of incidents that led to the cancellation of this year’s convention were set in motion during last year’s convention, if not earlier, when the “Furry Raiders,” a group of Denver-area furries, were accused of breaking convention rules by booking hotel rooms that were part of the convention’s discounted room block ahead of their availability opening, angering other attendees. (They later released some of the rooms.)

>“The Furry Raiders self-create an ‘us vs. them’ situation by provoking others so they can pretend to be treated unfairly,” the Dogpatch Press wrote.

>One of the leaders of the Furry Raiders, a Fort Colins man who goes by “Foxler Nightfire” (an apparent combination of Fox and Hitler, according to many in the furry community), usually wears black shirts and a red arm band similar to those worn by Nazis, but with a paw print instead of a swastika. Foxler was photographed making a Nazi salute at one point (screenshot from Twitter below), then used the hashtag #altfurry in another tweet, which he pinned to the top of his profile.

http://media.thedenverchannel.com/photo/2017/04/11/Screen%20Shot%202017-04-11%20at%208.32.24%20PM_58121876_ver1.0.png
>>
/pol/ confirmed for furries

>But the group has taken to making more armbands, though not all are as similar to those worn by the Nazis and are fashioned in different colors, including a tie-dye one and a rainbow one. A tweet from the group said it had given out 53 of the arm bands by March 24.

>A group of anti-fascist furries started to combat the Furry Raiders and other furry groups accused of being involved with pseudo-fascist and purported neo-Nazi groups.

>At one point, one of the “antifa” furries threatened on Twitter to “punch these Nazis,” setting off a string of replies – one of which involved the threat of a shooting, which was reported to Twitter.

>This came as RMFC banned some of the Furry Raiders' signature regalia.

http://media.thedenverchannel.com/photo/2017/04/11/Screen%20Shot%202017-04-11%20at%203.29.47%20PM_58121845_ver1.0.png

>Then, the person who reported the threat was reportedly banned via a letter from the Rock Mountain Fur Con by Kendal R. Emery, the man who is listed as the registered agent of Mid America Anthropomorphic and Art Corporation, the nonprofit head corporation of RMFC.

Actually fuck it, too much stuff to post.
>>
>fuck it, too much stuff to post
Thanks for trying, Anon. This didn't make my usual feed and I'm glad you posted what for me is the funniest story of the day.
>>
>>131536
>>“The Furry Raiders self-create an ‘us vs. them’ situation by provoking others so they can pretend to be treated unfairly,”

>>131538
>/pol/ confirmed for furries

After witnessing /mlpol/ I had no doubt that they are mostly self hating degenerates.
>>
I'm not sure what's the funniest part of all of this. I'm gonna go with the one guy got engaged and went on his honeymoon at the furry convention. Sure I feel bad they have this mental illness but at least it's a funny one
>>
>>131546
I tried to pick all the funny parts but noticed that the whole thing is fucking funny so I just gave up.

>>131549
>/mlpol/
W-what?
>>
>>131558
/mlpol/ killed >>>/qa/.
>>
>>131533
Good. Stay the fuck out of Colorado you furry fucks.
>>
>>131558
I think it was the April Fools joke right?

/out/ got combined with /soc/ for instance to make /scout/

It was a horrifying amount of dicks
>>
What is it with furries and Nazi fetishism?
>>
>>132074
I miss /cock/. Those two boards are relatively chill and not too too big. The combined board was so pleasant and cozy.
>>
>>131533
>The Furry Writers’ Guild
Exterminate them
>>
>“Therefore, Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2017 is officially canceled,” the message continued.
2017 might not be so bad after all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.