[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

United Airlines Doesn't Care about Customers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 0

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/video-shows-guards-dragging-passenger-off-united-flight-46702283
>Video of police officers dragging a passenger from an overbooked United Airlines flight sparked an uproar Monday on social media, but United's CEO defended his employees, saying they followed proper procedures and had no choice but to call authorities and remove the man.

>Munoz said he was "upset to see and hear about what happened" at O'Hare. He added, however, that the man dragged off the plane had ignored requests by crew members to leave and became "disruptive and belligerent," making it necessary to call airport police.

>The flight was operated for United by Republic Airline, which United hires to fly United Express flights. Munoz said four Republic employees approached United's gate agents after the plane was fully loaded and said they needed to board. He said the airline asked for volunteers to give up their seats, and then moved to involuntary bumping, offering up to $1,000 in compensation.

>The passenger who refused to leave told the manager that he was a doctor who needed to see patients in the morning, Tyler Bridges said.

>After the passenger was removed, the four airline employees boarded the plane.

They overbooked Four Employees, who were using the free flights benefit, and then forced paying customers off, at random, with compensation. With customer service like that, I'm never flying United again.
>>
>>130884
Is it legal to bump passengers after they've been seated in a plane?
>>
>>130884
Shitty practice but they have the legal ability to force seated passengers to leave the plane if it is still at the gate. He refused to comply with cops, and got injured as a result of resisting. I hope he doesn't get a dime in court.
>>
>>130886
As long as it's still at the gate. They must be reimbursed, and put on the earliest available alternate flight.
>>
>>130887

So they use a randomizer to select particular passengers within the plane. What if the said party was someone with family on the plane as well? Or if there was someone looking for treatment at the hospital of the flight's destination?

Doesn't justify smashing someone's face into the seat's armrest.
>>
>>130887
Win or lose in Court, United Airlines loses big time. Bad PR and shit handling of the situation.
>>
>tfw you realize while this was handled poorly every airline has their fair share of shenanigans but united is taking all this bad PR through clever media brainwashing paid for by competing airline companies

its a shame you sheep are getting so emotionally invested in this, good sheep now go buy your delta and southwest tickets so i can get some cheap united tickets and not give a fuck about this single incident that will in no way effect their overall customer service. thank you sheep.
>>
>>130894
I agree.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Lol United now breaks doctors and guitars
>>
>>130884
USA XDDDDD
>>
>>130884
>saying they followed proper procedures
how legal are these procdures ?
>>
Was the 1000 dollars on top of a free flight on the next plane ir was it included?
>>
>>130899
>its a shame you sheep are getting so emotionally invested in this, good sheep now go buy your delta and southwest tickets so i can get some cheap united tickets and not give a fuck about this single incident that will in no way effect their overall customer service. thank you sheep.
look at this butthurt fag
>>
>>130884
How few airlines have a no overbooking policy?
Ryanair (https://www.ryanair.com/content/dam/ryanair/help-centre-pdfs/eu261-.pdf) and JetBlue (https://www.jetblue.com/legal/customer-service-plan/) plus Monarch, Thomson and Thomas Cook at least back in 2013 (http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/08/airline-overbooking-policies-revealed-331108/) are all I found so far.
>>130906
no idea, but 1000 dollars is the probably penalty the airline incurs in any case, according to http://crankyflier.com/2016/12/26/for-an-airline-that-doesnt-overbook-jetblue-sure-is-bumping-a-lot-of-travelers/
I've been involuntary bumped by Alitalia and as a frequent flyer I was quite irate, arrived with over an hour for local flight with one hour before checkin closes. Big issue was they made no effort to provide me alternate passage, I had to kick up a fuss in loud Italian at checkin and their booking counter to get a Swissair business seat alternative.
>>
>>130890
Pretty sure they ask the people on the plane first.

>>130905
Airplane/business is given a wide range of authorities to maintain order on the plane. As others pointed out, what they did is all in the fine print when you purchase a ticket.

If you don't like it, don't fly with them.
>>
I hope he sues for 100million dollars!
Why not its Murica.
>>
>>130892
That's a thousand bucks
>>
fuckin China
>>
>>130887
Come now, they should have just kept increasing the amount they would give someone for volunteering to get bumped. This stems from United always overbooking and this time they not only did that but put employees last minute on the flight, something which should have been planned in the manifest before tickets were even on sale.
>>
>random
3/4 of the passengers were Asian.
>>
>>130906
I got bumped from a untied flight before they gave me a free flight and 500 credit for another united flight, except it expired in half a year
>>
>>130884
>offering up to $1,000 in compensation.

That's a $1000 "voucher" for future flights, which don't mean shit unless you're a salesman who flies all the time.
>>
>>130894
>Win or lose in Court, United Airlines loses big time. Bad PR

Nobody is going to remember which airline did this and nobody is going to go thru the hassle of switching airlines over this.

The "bad PR" will only last a day or two.
>>
>>130913
Which airlines don't have this policy?
>>
>>130884
Does this really surprise anybody?? They view customers as nothing but little cash cows to squeeze every little dime from
>>
>>130967
We can't believe in that. Because that destroys the idea of the little guy having any say in the market in absence of the government.
>>
>>130899
>in no way effect their
>effect

lrn2engrish butthurt man
>>
>>130887
> I hope he doesn't get a dime in court.
He was a doctor who needed to treat patients. If one of those patients is a sick child (especially a cancer patient), United is fucked in court.

Btw, United didn't "compensate" shit. A $400 voucher is barely a refund for the ticket price. And then you would have to use the voucher with United - the same airline who threw you off in the first place.

Fuck that. If an airline wants me off, give me $1000 cash, or go fuck yourselves.

Personally, if I were in Chicago, I'd hunt down CEO Munoz and "re-accommodate" the spic with a lead pipe upside his head. Then he might need that doctor.
>>
>>130967
Think about it this way, companies pay huge amounts of money for good press and PR, that includes commercials, promotions etc. They pay that money because they believe, and to a degree it is true, that customers have an opinion of a company and that opinion shapes business.

The amount of negative press and PR they are getting from this far outweighs any amount of money they could put into good PR, thus they are hurting their business by their own metric.

A point could be made that people need to get somewhere they are willing to fly whoever will take them there, but if there were that little flexibility in travel decisions ticket companies wouldn't be such a big business.
>>
>>131039
>If one of those patients is a sick child (especially a cancer patient), United is fucked in court.
You do not have a right to be on a plane until it is taxiing down the runway, your civilian profession is immaterial.
>>
What people keep avoiding is the fact the seated passengers were bumped to allow 4 EMPLOYEES onto the plane to fly. Not overbooks, but employees. How about sit their asses in the jump seats. They're good enough for the attendants, why not employees flying to catch their other flight?
>>
>>130884
United could easily go bankrupt over this. It's bad publicity through and through. I'll bet bigger companies have gone out of business for less.
>>
>>130899
southwest is way better than united piece of shit. check out the reviews of people who actually use united airlines.
>>
Uniteds market value went down $600 million today kek
>>
>>131061
They won't get bankrupt, sadly.

The worst thing that happened to them is incredibly bad publicity and stock prices going down low, but then now it's back to normal.
>>
>>131049
If you cause the willful and knowledgeable death of a doctor's patient through delaying a doctor's care, that's manslaughter in the first degree, my friend.

CEO Munoz will be lucky if he doesn't see jail time for this.
>>
The flight WAS NOT OVERBOOKED. It was sold out . They need 4 seats for 4 United employees. Read this on Yahoo!:: As a retired cop, what amazes me is that the Police Officer forcibly removed the passenger. This is a civil matter and not a criminal matter. The passenger was in his right not to give up his seat, he wasn't being disruptive except wanting to keep the seat he paid for, and no crime appeared to have been committed, therefore the Officer should have told United, that this is a civil matter, no crime has been committed, and you're on your own on this one. Instead, the Officer acted out of the scope of his authority and used unreasonable force where no crime had been committed. He will be definitely be disciplined or terminated for his actions and his department will end up paying out a large law suit along with United.
>>
>>131092
That comment is bullshit because if that faggot was a retired cop he wouldn't known that it wasn't a cop.
>>
They only offered $800 and the flight wasnt overbooked it was fully booked. They added the four employees to the roster that day after it was full.
>>
>>131103
The tickets were only 180$.
>>
>>131079
Yea but if those AA employees were pilots (likely). Then they can go and fly other planes so there will be fewer delays. Those planes might have passengers that are doctors with infant cancer patients. Think of the children, let those pilots go.
>>
>>131092
carriage laws come to mind people
>>
>>131092
Cops are routinely called in to remove trespassers, which that guy had become when he refused to leave after security asked him to. You can't sit in a walmart after closing even if you are being peaceful.
>>
reminder that republicans approve of what happened because muh corporate freedoms.
>>
>>130884
>Video of police officers dragging a passenger from an overbooked United Airlines flight

Here's the click-bait free YouTube compilation video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASATLLvGRM

The cop literally beat the guy's ass, after he had paid for a ticket, had his luggage loaded, boarded the plan and was in in seat, all because THEY fucked up and wanted the seats for another flight crew needed elsewhere and he quite rightly (and perfectly legally) refused.

BRAVO AMERICA!
>>
>>131156
You realize they oversell tickets not because "corporate greed", rather, because in most flights, some people don't make it, so it makes logical sense to sell more tickets than normally would be sold.

He could have easily gotten on another flight, but instead had to make a big deal out of it because he was too lazy to move.

BRAVO ANON PASSENGER
>>
>>131157
>not because "corporate greed",

If they sold the tickets and people didn't make it doesn't that mean that they are exactly acting out of corporate greed?

They basically sold everything they had and in an attempt to maximize a tiny tiny amount of profit, and in doing so decided to screw some people over sometimes by overselling so they can increase their margins by a fraction of a percent.
>>
>>131157
> You realize they oversell tickets not because "corporate greed", rather, because in most flights, some people don't make it

Irrelevant, even if true, which it isn’t.

> He could have easily gotten on another flight,

The only issue here is that the guy who got his ass beat by jackbooted “Corporate Security” thugs and was literally dragged off the plane after he had already paid his money, which United had already gladly took and had already loaded his luggage and he had already boarded the plane and had already assumed his bought and already paid for seat.

> but instead had to make a big deal out of it because he was too lazy to move.

The fuck up by United’s management wasn’t his problem or concern, he had every legal and contractual right to keep his seat, United could eat the costs and put their crew personnel on another plane.

They are an airline, after all…
>>
That individual should have complied with the airline regulations. Thanks to muzleems, now we have to be screened. He should have complied with the airline conditions WITHOUT whining. Whining is for muzleems.
>>
Of COURSE you could bump passengers AFTER they are seated. The asian cuck should keep his mouth/ass shut.
>>
United Airlines Honest Commercial [Jimmy Kimmel]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8HdeHtOJs
>>
Amd to think, United once had great customer service. Why, even just 16 years ago they'd fly you right into your office building.
>>
>>131079
> Muñoz will be lucky if he doesn't see jail time

omg I was so feeling your vibe until then. If ANY worse case scenario, he'd be forced to resign and that's a strong "if".
>>
>>131165
wow classy joke man really
>>
>>131077
Ooo, that maybe something I want to capitalize on.
>>
>>130884
I found it interesting that officials labelled the guy as unruly and abusive yet the video shows him quite passive. Glad to hear the govt is taking UA's spokesman to task about that. Since the airline fucked up over that and they know it, now they're focusing attention on the passengers' criminal past. Dirty fucking move... it really amounts to character assassination. It will backfire on them hopefully.

I'd like to see someone out the 4 employees and see what they have to say for themselves. Anyone want to put bets down that after they took those seats they were laughing about it?
>>
>>131180
kek!
>>
>>131001
the really, really, really expensive ones
>>
>>131256

>Anyone want to put bets down that after they took those seats they were laughing about it?

I'd bet against that. Beyond being outside of a normal human reaction to witnessing that sort of thing, you'd have to be stupid to laugh about it while surrounded by people who were otherwise shocked and appalled. I'd think there would be more of an awkward silence for a while before things maybe returned to normal mid-flight since maintaining silence for an hour+ is hard.
>>
>>130887

>Boarding Priorities – If a flight is oversold, NO ONE MAY BE DENIED BOARDING against his/her will until UA or other carrier personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservations willingly in exchange for compensation as determined by UA. If there are not enough volunteers, other Passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with UA’s boarding priority... - United Airlines Contract of Carriage

NOPE. Once you're boarded, you can't be pushed out again. The contract clearly favours the boarded, NOT the boarders, and this was an oversold plane, not an overbooked one. I'm amazed no one has bothered looking this up, given the litigious nature of our society.
>>
Was the flight O Hare to Louisville, Kentucky? That's 317 miles driving. Are there no trains serving that route? I've taken the 360 mile Milan to Rome train taking less than the 3 hours this plane was delayed. Cost me 45 Euros, they start at 20 Euros for unpopular times.
>>
>>131265
As opposed to being stupid enough to drag a first-class passenger with a sackful of flyer miles to make room for ANOTHER first-class passenger?

http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-united-low-priority-passenger-20170412-story.html

Their management has their heads in the clouds, ironically enough.
>>
>>131120
The pilots didn't have to fly until tomorrow. Company could've got them a car
>>
>>130894
Overbooking the flight and having to have a passenger removed was their error, which they do all the time. This thing hit the news because this guy actually stood up for himself and refused to leave, so he had to be forcefully removed. The forceful removal was by the Airport Police which United has no control over.
>>
>>131126
Moreover I'm sure there are specific laws about circumstances where people who have paid for their tickets can be ejected from flights. It's not specifically trespass. It is probably also in the terms and conditions he agreed to when he bought the ticket (assuming United has lawyers).
>>
>>131285
>Once you're boarded, you can't be pushed out again
Nothing in your post proves that.
>>
>>130884
At least United got me flight, I had a Hawaiian flight that I tried to check my bag in 45 minutes before flight and thy said they couldn't take it, and that they couldn't out it on another flight, said to ship it with FedEx.
>>
>>131338
It's against the contract between UA and passengers. Man was already on the plane and seated. He already boarded the plane.
>>
>>131351
Do you have a copy of that contract?
>>
>>131354
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/contract-of-carriage.aspx/
A Youtuber covered this here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtG0WyktMM
>>
>>131351
You can be removed for literally any reason when you sign on the dotted line. In this case, the plane was overcrowded, which was a safety hazard.
>>
>>131357
>the plane was overcrowded,
Umm, no it wasn't. The plane boarded all paying customers and four employees were still boarding. They kicked Four Customers that already boarded the plane so that Four Employees in boarding could board the plane.
>>
>>131355
I'm honestly surprised, it's super easy to get people to agree to a big messy contract so there's plenty they could have done to cover their asses in writing.
>>
>>130899
>fair share of shenanigans
>those numbers
>ishdgydo
>>
>>131355
The top comment is interesting. Anyone know if scheduling issues violating 14CFR were at stake?

>Everyone keeps using the word Overbooking, but the 4 UAL Employees didn't pay for their ticket, UAL Employees are Non-Revenue Passengers. The only reason UAL would remove Revenue Passengers to replace them with Non-Revenue Passengers would be if there were scheduling issues that might violate the Crew Rest/Work Cycle regulations under 14CFR.
>>
>>130886
They are legally allowed to "deny boarding", however the law is unclear what is allowed after boarding is allowed, and even what legally constitutes "boarding" is a bit murky. >>130886
>>
>>131454
They didn't define 'Boarding' in their contract so it needs to be commonly understood. They are going to face one hell of a battle if they go that route.
>>
>>131483
From what I've read most contracts stipulate that if the plane is still at the gate, passengers can be bumped from their seats as long as they are properly compensated afterwards. Very bad omission if this wasn't in the contract.
>>
Let's be clear because words matter -- especially now that lawmakers are saying they will review the case of a doctor dragged off a United Airlines flight on Sunday.

This flight from Chicago to Louisville was not overbooked and no passengers were denied boarding. The latter part of that sentence should be abundantly clear by seeing the videos of David Dao being hauled from his seat.

On Tuesday, United appeared to acknowledge that this was not technically an overbooked flight. And the reason for that equivocation is also clear. The four airline employees who needed the seats, presented themselves to the gate agent after the flight was boarded. Further, they were not fare-paying passengers, therefore not "booked."

Some argue this parsing of words is irrelevant and that the airline's contract of carriage is meant to be applied more broadly. Not true. Airlines are required to present bumped passengers with the written document explaining their rights. I would not bet on the success of a legal argument that begins, "what the document intended to express."

So beyond the shock of seeing this brutalization of an airline passenger and our ongoing concern that Dr. Dao gets justice, why should the rest of us care whether this flight was or was not overbooked, technically or otherwise?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/christinenegroni/2017/04/12/united-flight-not-overbooked-airline-admits/#18690b152f18

UAL, with the money you are going to bleed over this case you could buy a whole fleet of A-380.
>>
>>130967
This is very true. No one is going to pick a different airline other than United when booking their expedia trip because of this.

I also agree with others that he got what he deserved. Maybe because I have dealt with too many docs with god complexes. You don't fucking argue with the cops no matter how wrong they are. Two egomaniacal forces butting heads.

I'm just sad that the doc (who could be a great guy, but I'd bet is an ahole) will end up getting millions.
>>
>>131289
There are regulations pilots have to ahead to about getting enough sleep and what not. Ground transportation may not have been fast enough.

United could have charted out a plane and avoided all of this.
>>
>>131644
>will end up getting millions

This is the entire point. The airline stopped offering incentives at $800 and free tickets, so let's be generous and give that a value of $2000 per customer, so $8000 total. UAL stock price already dropped, which although much of that effect is temporary, it also has real liquid effect worth millions, and that's on top of any interest based on floating revaluation, immediate sales losses which are already being recorded, damage control costs, and the upcoming legal fees and the final settlement. Lesson to airlines: keep upping the bump incentive -- $200 at a time until you reach $1mn if you have to.
>>
>>131743
>United could have charted out a plane and avoided all of this.

Shit, for a fraction of the cost they're eating now, UAL could have given them each a bitch seat in an F-14 and gotten them home twice as fast.
>>
And the folly continues
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d6a616ed-0008-3c13-a691-9daae6681d1b/scorpion-stings-man-on-united.html

Scorpion stings man on United flight to Calgary

A creature that appeared to be a scorpion fell from an overhead bin and stung a man on a United (UAL) Airlines flight, the company confirmed to CNBC on Thursday.

According to multiple reports, passenger Richard Bell was on a United flight from Houston to Calgary on Sunday, when the creature fell from an overhead bin and stung him.

United told CNBC the airline crew immediately consulted with a physician on the ground who provided guidance throughout the incident. The company said the man's injuries were non-life threatening.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.