[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The government is demanding to know who this Trump critic is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: dhs-twitter-300_400x400[1].jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dhs-twitter-300_400x400[1].jpg
34KB, 400x400px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/04/06/the-government-is-demanding-to-know-who-this-trump-critic-is-twitter-is-suing-to-keep-it-a-secret/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_2_na

>Twitter filed a lawsuit Thursday to block an order from the Department of Homeland Security that seeks to reveal the user of an account who has been critical of the Trump administration's immigration policies.

>Tweets from the account -- @ALT_uscis -- indicate that it is run by someone who is an employee of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services division of Homeland Security.

>Free speech advocates said the DHS order appeared to be the first time the government has attempted to use its powers to expose an anonymous critic -- a development that, if successful, would have a "grave chilling effect on the speech of that account" as well as other accounts critical of the U.S. government, Twitter said.

>DHS is "unlawfully abusing a limited-purpose investigatory tool" to find out who is behind the @ALT_uscis account, according to Twitter's court filings.

>DHS spokeswoman Jenny Burke declined to comment, citing the pending litigation.
>>
LAND OF THE FREE
>>
>>129741
>Twitter going out of its way to protect liberals.
sounds about right.
>>
>>129809
>twitter is going out of its way to protect freedom of speech
Sounds fine to me
>>
>>129812
I think the fact that this person is a government employee complicates things, and the fact that dhs made an order also makes it more complicated. Getting fired for trashing your employer doesn't violate free speech, but requesting their personal information violates their privacy rights.
>>
>Twitter sues to protect a compromised DHS employee because they're a liberal.
>Meanwhile they considered banning the republican presidential nominee for hurting their fee-fees.
laffin
>>
>>129812
didn't twitter give that journalist the name of the guy that sent him a colorful gif because he said it was a deadly weapon that triggered his epilepsy?
>>
Why don't they just ask NSA? They know everything anyway.
>>
>>129817
no.
>>
>>129819
It's expensive for the NSA to track someone down. They'll only do that as a last resort.
>>
>>129812
>twitter is going out of its way to protect freedom of speech
By silencing people with politically incorrect (read conservative) views? Yeah, both sides are retarded, but Twitter was the first to play it for Democratic, left-winged bullshit. Silencing legitimate opposition has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
>>
>>129863
Nobody is talking about silencing anything. They want his name so they can fire him for breaking government policy. They weren't going to waterboard him or anything.
>>
>>129869
>Nobody is talking about silencing anything.
Nobody is talking about it, but one side of the argument already did while screeching about freedom of speech. Guess which one.
>>
>>129874
Corporate policy =/= government policy. You can't talk about certain things here on 4chan either, but nobody would say you don't mostly have free speech here.
>>
>>129814
>i think

no you dont. if you did yould be pissed off at your government's complete trashing of the constitution since 9-11. but instead you pick up that can like a good little citizen, while claiming your handguns keep the king of england's hellfire drone missles from wiping you & your entire famalam off the map. protip: you'll want to stop firing your guns off in the air at weddings
>>
>>129877
ahaha. free speech. on privately held servers. hilarious!
>>
And Drumpf administration backed down. Man he must be tired of all this winning!
>>
>>129877
>You can't talk about certain things here on 4chan either

You get blocked/banned, but iirc only on US subpoena (which I think only happened in that one domestic terrorist/mass-shooting incident) has 4chan revealed an IP.
>>
>>130044
moot gave up that one /b/tard who did the Palin email thing way back when too.
>>
>>130033
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/04/07/the-u-s-government-has-withdrawn-its-request-ordering-twitter-to-identify-a-trump-critic/?utm_term=.89896cbd5fb2
>>
>>130065
Trump just got tired of all the winning, AGAIN!
>>
>>130075
>>130065
Where's the fashy tears? Im thirsty.
>>
This is a disgusting attack on free speech and equally as bad as GOP being complicit is the consistent milquetoast response (if any) from Democrats. Republicans at least know how to message.
Dems are controlled opposition at this point; they just don't know it.
>>
>>129819
They probably already know who it is.
>>
>>130044
There have also been quite a few cases where 4chan gave out IPS in CP related investigations. Also iirc 4chan automatically logs your IP address to a government database if you get banned for posting CP. Aside from that the only.l other cases I can recall are that one shooting incident and the Palin incident the other anon mentioned which I had completely forgotten about, actually. As someone else said,
>free speech
>private servers
Not gonna happen. You might get close, but you'll never see complete free speech.
>>
>>129812
Twitter blocks and kicks conservatives using liberal PC hate speech rules and blanket algorithms that prevent certain words to trend. Twitter's not a bipartisan operation.

They're a private enterprise, so they can do as they will. But when they trumpet that they're a free speech protector or have never collided with gov. agencies, I don't buy it.
>>
>>130701
They block trolls. They don't care if they are conservative or liberal trolls.
>>
>>130706
What they consider 'troll' is not very impartial.
>>
>>129812
liar liar pants on fire, they routinely shut down right-wing, alt-right, centre or even non-lefty accounts for any reason they deem fit.

Yet ISIS and such still have their accounts. You should learn who owns Twitter.
>>
>>129817
IIRC the seizure man with "tucker carlsons falsehoods" file found out the name of Jew Goldstein when J.G tried giving some money to some kind of epilepsi fund thing as an apology to Kurt.

Quite jewish.
>>
>>129741
I would say that they have a legitimate claim if the guy is exposing sensitive information or even coming close. You would think people working for the government have to sign non-disclosure contracts, or possibly something even more binding.
If it is just straight critiquing then I don't think they have any real basis to get their real name.
>>
>Great USA
>Government's tryin to deanon Trump critic
>Bloody Russia
> People call their president an asshole and a dickhead in social networks and no one does smthng to them
Hmm...
>>
>>129812
twitter Shadow bans people. They wouldn't give a damn if the person was criticizing Obama or Hillary and would easily give up that information.
>>
>>130741
Hello wingnut.

Only you would give a shit if the person is rightwing or leftwing.
>>
>>130797
Hey faggot, Che Guevara here, party lines don't matter.
>>
>>130746
If true, that's pretty fucking low.
>>
>>130895
But triggering a man's seizures because you disagree with his politics isn't?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.