[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S. Launches Missiles at Syrian Base After Chemical Weapons Attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 1

File: 284245_5_.jpg (112KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
284245_5_.jpg
112KB, 600x399px
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636

The United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was the Syrian government's use of banned chemical weapons blamed for having killed at least 100 people on Tuesday, U.S. military officials told NBC News.

Two U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea fired at least 50 Tomahawk missiles intended for a single target — Ash Sha'irat in Homs province in western Syria, the officials said. That's the airfield from which the United States believes the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fired the banned weapons.

There was no immediate word on casualties. U.S. officials told NBC News that people were not targeted and that aircraft and infrastructure at the site, including the runway, were hit.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, have bluntly blamed Syria for the chemical weapons attack, whose victims included at least 25 children.

Tillerson told reporters on Thursday that "there is no doubt in our minds" that the Syrian regime was responsible for the attack. And in a combative speech at the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday, Haley warned: "When the United Nations consistently fails in its duty to act collectively, there are times in the life of states that we are compelled to take our own action."

NBC News reported Thursday that Defense Secretary James Mattis briefed President Donald Trump on U.S. military options, which included carrying out targeted strikes against those responsible for Tuesday's attack.

There was no immediate reaction from Russia, which Tillerson and Haley have accused of turning a blind eye to Syria's transgressions.

"Russia cannot escape responsibility for this," Haley said at the United Nations. "They chose to close their eyes to the barbarity. They defied the conscience of the world."
>>
Thursday, Tillerson urged Russia to "consider carefully their continued support of the Assad regime."
>>
>>129585
But Trump told me we weren't going to get involved in Syria! Hillary was gonna do all of it!
>>
>>129590
go use one of your other threads to talk about politics and please let this one be about the news
>>
>>129591
HAHAHA. GET FUCKED.
>>
>>129585
Russia going to be pissed, that's their bros
>>
Finally the one that will get the orangutan impeached.
>>
This was way too fast. Does Trump just buckle under to his military advisors? I can't imagine he thought about this for a long time, considering the time frame.
>>
>>129585

Wasn't the right saying how increased U.S. interference in Syria might lead us to a collision course with Russia?

What are the possible effects of the missile strike?
>>
>>129598
Russia will likely be quite displeased considering their backing of the Syrian regime.
>>
>>129598
chemical weapons though
>>
>>129598
US notified Russia of the impending strike, they then almost certainly told the Syrians and evacuated the base.

Tomahawk volley hit the base infrastructure and whatever aircraft they had on the ground.

They'll make some critical statements and let RT do it's job as per the usual.
>>
>>129598
Hopefully a retaliatory strike on the ship(s) that launched these missiles. The US and NATO need to learn that they cannot and should not overstep their bounds.
>>
>>129596
I don't think you know what impeachment is.
>>
>>129598
Russia didn't do anything when the Turks shot down their plane. They won't do anything but bitch for hitting a Syrian airfield. It's not WW3.
>>
>>129601
>It sounds like this was planned a long time ago, unless the military responds that quickly
Most likely. They continually come up with options for hypothetical events even ones that will never happen.
>>
>>129607
>The US and NATO need to learn that they cannot and should not overstep their bounds.
Do you work for RT?
>>
>>129601
>unless the military responds that quickly.
How quickly can you click the target and press enter?
>>
>>129598

Doomsayer version: Russian soldier dies, Russia escalates rapidly and fires nukes, we all die. (see >>129590)

Coverup version: Russian soldier dies, Russians pretend that they weren't Russian (because that implies that either the chemical strike either went down right under their nose or they were actively complicit), go to normal versions (below).

Normal (short) version: no Russians die, Assad gets buttblasted but ultimately promises to do nothing, America stops intervening, Russians continue aiding Assad.

Normal (long) version: no Russians die, Assad gets buttblased and decides to ramp up strikes in a power play, America increases intervention in response (or stops, but that makes Trump look weak so there's no chance of that because if there's anything Trump truly cares about it's his image as a winner), Russia now has to decide:
>Drop Assad (high probability)
Russia withdraws from Syria because fuck this shit this is more than we bargained for.
>Support Assad (low probability)
Russia continues supplying Assad with weapons and intelligence, now potentially against US strikes. Cue international incident as either an American aircraft is shot down or a Russian adviser is killed.

From here shit gets murky, obviously the doomsayer shit says that WWIII immediately happens and we all die, but history shows that what actually happens is quite different. Based on the various incidents from the Cold War, there's an initial round of denial (faulty equipment, blaming the other party, etc), then condemnations, then the offending party pays up and apologizes, and then everyone tries to rethink their strategy, calling for conferences and changes to procedure so it doesn't happen again.
>>
>>129614
No, I'm just stating my opinion. Apart from Korea the US, and by extension, NATO has managed to fuck up every country they interfered in.
Most likely, Russia is just gonna sit back like a little bitch and do nothing as per the status quo, but one can hope that the schoolyard bully gets bullied once in a while, can't they?
>>
>>129617
>there's an initial round of denial
trump just admitted he declared the airstrikes because muh beautiful muslim babbys. kill yourself shill cuck
>>
>>129607
Oh like how NATO annexed part of Ukraine, and then financed an insurgency with thousands of deaths, then propped up a dictator gassing his own people?
>>
>>129607
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> implying
>>
>>129619

What the fuck are you babbling about? I was talking about past international incidents where one aircraft were shot down and how those things panned out, which almost always begins with a denial that the incident occurred, followed by the other steps I listed. These things have never escalated to WWIII levels.
>>
>>129617
Your assuming that Syria did the gassing they might not have
>>
>>129617
>Assad gets buttblasted but ultimately promises to do nothing, America stops intervening, Russians continue aiding Assad.
The smart money is on this one.
>>
>>129620
So I'm guessing the good guys never killed millions in Vietnam, leaving a battered and broken country. The 'good guys' didn't create modern islamist terrorists by funding the Taliban to fight the Soviets in their attempt to civilize Afhganistani tribes. They didn't invade Iraq in the 1st Gulf War and kill millions of civilians to seize oil fields that are on the other side of the world, and not their ancestral land that was given away by a drunk dictator. They also never bombed Serbia, supported islamist terrorists, eventually making Serbia the worlds first shrinking country. They never invaded the Afghanistan they created just to slaughter millions more to get more oil fields. They also never helped to destroy Libya, which is now a war-torn shamble of its former self. Nah, the US and NATO never did any of that, let's just blame the Russians for taking back their own land right guys?
>>
That's only the beginning fucking stupid americans, blood on trump voter's hands
>>
USA! USA!
>>
>>129627

Okay new set of scenarios for gas is not real:

Russia must die edition (featuring Dante from Devil May Cry): Russian serviceman dies, Russia gets offended, proceed through steps of international incident. /news/ gets filled with Russians spamming their chicken jokes and accusing the US of war crimes.

Normal edition: Assad gets assblasted, continue to previous normal versions (no change, whether or not he has chemical weapons is irrelevant to this series of events)
>>
>>129585
Not surprised at the quantity of low quality /pol/ reactions here. This is a big one. I think the proxy war of syria is about to kick off in earnest.
>>
>>129642
At least we aren't in a fucking jungle hellhole this time
>>
Syria Calls US Tomahawk Missile Attack on Airbase 'American Aggression'

https://sputniknews.com/news/201704071052383491-syria-us-tomahawk-strike/
>>
>>129644
God news on that front. 15 years of modern training in those environments with many combat vets still active from it. We got it this time as long as the dems thank us for taking care of this hard problem and shut the fuck up
>>
>>129645
That is because it is aggression. This is a defining MAGA moment. Hooray
>>
>>129594
Doubtful. We told the Russians of the attack before hand and we're targeting a fucking airfield. Take that, concrete and asphalt!

If we wanted to do damage, you take out the palaces and private residences of the top military staff and families. A decapitation. That would piss off the Russians.
>>
>>129585

>this whole jew-fuck thread ignoring the fact that USA just commited the act of war against Syria..

top kek ofthe keks.. you people are such sumbags.
>>
>>129649
Yes, we could literally end Assad right now by putting a single missile through his bedroom window, but we didn't
>>129650
Assad ain't gonna do SHIT
>>
>>129651
>Assad ain't gonna do SHIT

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9/11 nevar forget!
>>
>>129652
Nerevar forgetti, Dagoth Ur in my spaghetti
When you go to shitpost but this thread contains a god
>>
>>129650
I guess you forgot that a nato member is already occupying part of northern syria. We might as well already be at war because eventually the debt has to be payed by turkey. When that happens we are obligated to trigger the articles of nato and come to turkeys aid. Sorry to disappoint you. The war started awhile ago. You just now noticed is all! No need to be outraged you werent three days ago afterall
>>
>>129650
Implying that Assad is stupid enough to declare war to America, how likely would it be for Russia to get involved?
>>
>>129650
>you people are such sumbags.

Nicest thing I've been called on 4chan for a while.
I have to admit I don't like Trump but it's nice to see he's not really in Putin's pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcV60QoRSvk
>>
>>129653
>>129654

rolf kek. dem mad shitposting.
>>
>>129655
Russia would replace Assad with somebody less stupid and even more of a puppet, which is the same thing from their perspective.
>>
>>129585
So Trump gets children and women killed in Yemen even a navy seal, then gets all moralfag in attacking Syria ?
>>
>>129660
The learning curve of a new president.
>>
>>129660
Obama said something about a Red Line and then didn't go through with it, Trump just followed through where Obama did not because it appeals to his ego.
>>
>>129650
USA and other have been bombing Syria for like 2 years.
>>
>>129658
>Russia would replace Assad
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>replace Barrak replace Cadaffi replace iranian cheik with nice relligous nutfuck..

ohh boy.. potato level in this thread breaks new records.
>>
>>129650

in a logical world, yes Assad would declare war on the USA. in the real world...
>>
>>129664
It would be nice if you could spell correctly. In English, it's spelled Sheik, his name is spelled Muammar Gaddafi, and I don't even know what you're talking about with "Barrak".
But Assad is going to play along, be a good little puppet dictator, and not try to drag pappa Russia into a shooting war with the West, so this whole conversation is pointless.
>>
>>129649
>We told the Russians of the attack before hand

Not what Fox are reporting.

>Trump did not call Putin before launching Syrian airstrikes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ZK8KXTuqQ
>>
>>129667
https://youtu.be/IvUU8joBb1Q
>>
>>129669
unironically listening to faux news
>>
I started supporting Trump because I knew that we should be on good terms with Russia, and we pissed em off anyway.

P-proud to be American
>>
>>129667
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11656043/My-life-as-a-pro-Putin-propagandist-in-Russias-secret-troll-factory.html

>>129671
Where is the reliable source that says otherwise?
>>
>>129673
>i knew we should bend over for russia and cave in to putin's threat and posturing
>p-proud to be a cuck
>>
>>129607
>>>/pol/
Back to your containment board, ridf.
>>
>>129675
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk

rolf.. eternal anglo lies resurfacing..
>>
>>129675
Pfff that's fucking great, thanks. I knew I was arguing with a literal paid russian shill but the confirmation is hilarious.
>>
>>129673
>I started supporting Trump because I knew that we should be on good terms with Russia, and we pissed em off anyway.
You damn idiot.
Trump heard a mistranslated comment about him from Vladimir Putin as a compliment one time, and then he decided to heap praise on Putin in return, because that's what he does. If you were watching a thing about Trump's demeanor, you'd see that who he likes and sees as loyal to him changes at the drop of a hat, and there was always a chance that something would happen that would change that. He's not reliable or stable.

His justification for this is that "something should happen" because of what Assad did. There's no claim of a no-fly zone or a war, or any methodical decision making, just "He's bad, he did a bad thing, something should happen."
>>
>>129612
everybody hope you're RIGHT !
moron...
>>
>>129632
>good guys never killed millions in Vietnam
I'd like a source on the civilians killed. Also, the Russians backed the brutal vietcong both sides in the wrong there
>supporting afghans created the taliban
I doubt we had any way of knowing many Mujahideen fighters would become radicalized, and the soviets were in the wrong for supporting a government most afghans didn't want
>gulf war
You and I can both agree that invading Iraq the way we did was a terrible idea, but Sadam couldn't stay in power
>Serbia
I don't know enough about that conflict to have an opinion
>Libya
>shambles of its former self
Libya was a supporter of terrorism and a dictatorship. They got what they deserved
>blame the Russians for taking back their own land
Annexing part of Ukraine is wrong. You can't just claim part of a foreign country is yours, Oleg. NATO is the longest running military alliance ever created, and that's saying something
>>
Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!
>>
>>129585
Didn't the Syrian government hand over their chemical weapons 2 years ago?
>>
>>129697
Even if they gave over 100% two years ago, it doesn't mean they haven't been making more every day since then.
>>
>>129601
Serious question, why doesn't it make sense?
>>
>>129632
ukraine is not your land retardoman
>>
Have a DOD statementhttps://www.defense.gov/News/News-Releases/News-Release-View/Article/1144598/statement-from-pentagon-spokesman-capt-jeff-davis-on-us-strike-in-syria
>>
>>129706
>Capt Jeff Davis
Well Sic Semper Tyrannis there, little doggy!
>>
>>129706
>Initial indications are that this strike has severely damaged or destroyed Syrian aircraft

Huh
>>
>>129615
They had do days to plan. It happened on tuesday
>>
>>129636
he gave warning. Hes destroying the air base. If anyone and planes are still there. They have really really shitty intelligence.
>>
>>129652
Oooo nevar fancy
>>
>>129710
Yeah we really showed those planes who's boss
>>
Anyone else laughing at the very real possibility that a motivating factor behind Trump's call was the thought running through his head: "ALL RIGHT! GET TO BLOW SOME SHIT UP!"
>>
>>129715
I thought Mattis was the one acting like that if anyone was. Trump's busy trying to impress the Chinese president.
>>
>>129681
>There's no claim of a no-fly zone or a war
nigger you don't get to not "claim war" when you just bombed the fuck out of someones newly refurbished airbase
>>
>>129714
Airbases like that also have missile and ammo depots in them.
>>
>>129724
Well that's exactly what they've done. All they've said so far is their justification, and that "something had to be done". There's been no formal declaration of war.

Welcome to the Trump presidency.
>>
>>129596
>doing exactly what every other career politician agreed on will get him impeached
>>
>>129617
>Normal (short) version: no Russians die, Assad gets buttblasted but ultimately promises to do nothing, America stops intervening, Russians continue aiding Assad.
See, honestly, I wish and hope this is the case. Hell, in any year with any other president, that's probably how it'd go. But the Trump years -- from the announcement of his election to right now -- everything about politics has been turned on its head and become unpredictable. Who's to say he won't do something else to poke a stick at America's biggest threats with zero contingency plan? What if he nukes a country and then goes on vacation for two weeks and leaves everyone else in the government to deal with it? What if the legitimate threat of war looms over him, and one day we find he's left a resignation letter in the oval office, and disappeared with his family in a helicopter?
>>
59 Tomahawk missiles used at $1.5M ea for $88M strike. Used to say WAFWOM what a fucking waste of money
>>
4CHAN OFFICIAL LIVE DISCUSSION HERE
http://i.4cdn.org/b/1491543813024.jpg
>>
Im not sure I like how much Trump is influenced by the brass in his administration
>>
ISIS launches offensive near military base targeted by US missiles

BEIRUT, LEBANON (6:50 A.M.) – The Islamic State (ISIL) forces in the eastern countryside of the Homs Governorate launched a powerful offensive this morning, a local military source informed Al-Masdar.

Capitalizing on the U.S. missile strikes, the Islamic State stormed the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) checkpoints near the strategic town of Al-Furqalas.

According to local sources, the Islamic State has yet to make any gains near Al-Fuqalas, but without necessary air support, the situation could worsen in the coming hours.
>>
>>129761
The removal of steve bannon from NSC & this strike show that trump is now totally bowing to his jew masters
>>
>>129700
>Serious question, why doesn't it make sense?

(Different anon here but) it doesn’t makes sense for Assad to have used a single poison gas bomb on a “medical clinic”, there is no military or political benefit for him to have done so.

And I’ll point out that there is no unbiased news sources in the area, (they’re all either pro-Assad or pro-rebels) so it’s pretty surprising that the U.S. would suddenly escalate the war to this extant based, on jack shit for evidence.
>>
>>129767

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Shayrat_strike
>>
>>129766
>The removal of steve bannon from NSC & this strike show that trump is now totally bowing to his jew masters

I didn’t expect much from Trump on Syria (a couple of his kids are married to Jews) but I had hoped he would just leave things as they were and not make them worse.

And not in such a blatantly obvious manner…
>>
Is there any conclusive evidence that assad used the chemical weapons?
Besides the Turkish Minstry of Health?
Because the last time the "red line" was drawn assad was proven to never have used chemical weapons, he even had a UN investigative team confirm it.
It makes no sense why he would use them at all.
Jesus Christ my prayers go to the people of Syria.
Why can't we just leave the middle east the fuck alone.
>>
>>129775
>Why can't we just leave the middle east the fuck alone.
Oil.
>>
>>129591
We are putting America first. The entire globe belongs to us.
>>
UK citizen... trumps got my vote for this act.

russia should be ashamed of allying themselves with scumbags that would do this.

pissed UK didnt do anything themselves.
>>
Can someone tell me, really, why the United States gives a fuck about a place like Syria? I know there's been mention of oil, but I really feel like that's a cop out. In Trump's declaration as to why he sent the Tomahawks down, there's a lot of talk about "god" and "oh we did it for the beautiful babies, how sad!".

It seems, all too strange. What the fuck is going on? The States have a pretty good thing going for them, the US is a pretty bangin' country. Why are they fucking with LITERAL sand people?
>>
>>129790
its a crime against humanity. there is a reason why chemical weapons are banned
>>
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-06/evidence-calls-western-narrative-about-syrian-chemical-incident-question. This article has proof the Syrians had nothing to do with the cierum gas.
>>
>>129791

I don't know man, it all seems to pander a little too much to the "good guy" image Trump wants to portray, that "hero" image. It seems way over the top.

If this is the case, why are the Russians and Chinese mad at the US for bringing down the justice hammer? Politics, all this shit, it's just fucking stupid man. Everyone should just fuck off and do their own thing.
>>
>>129794

Me again.

I want to believe the US is doing the right thing, I really do. It makes sense that if Assad is a dictator, gassing his fucking people that can't fight back, that someone take action. I really hope that the US, or the world rather, won't sit back and let that happen. That sounds appropriate.

It just all seems too "clear", if that makes any sense. I'm trying not to be tinfoil about this, but it's hard not to.
>>
>>129767
>>129786
Ok, so if that's the case it's either a false flag op by the US/Rebels OR the Rebels fucked up trying to use it themselves OR it was an actual Chemist Weapon factory that got forgotten and bombed (lol) OR Assad is a genuine idiot to do something so retarded.
>>
>>129617
>but that makes Trump look weak so there's no chance of that because if there's anything Trump truly cares about it's his image as a winner

nah, you 're downplaying a lot of factors, including the political machinations needed to start/continue warfare (i.e. congress, senate, military etc.)
>>
>>129800
>OR Assad is a genuine idiot to do something so retarded.

The last is the least likely as again, there is nothing in it for Assad; using chemical weapons to hit some meaningless clinic in Nowheresville, provides no military advantage and only brings down the wrath of the global community for using chemical weapons.

Why the fuck would Assad do that?

And now we have Trump launching cruise missiles at the Syrian airbase, just three days later when there is no confirmation of what happened, as the site is controlled by the rebels and independent media can't get there to check on the details.

This is a blatant set-up to ramp up the war in Syria.
>>
>>129632
>>129694

both of you should just engage in a fierce breathholding contest in a sea.
>>
>Syrians fighting a war against Jihadis
>USA decides to bomb the Syrians
>Blames Russia.
>>
>>129802
>And now we have Trump launching cruise missiles at the Syrian airbase, just three days later when there is no confirmation of what happened, as the site is controlled by the rebels and independent media can't get there to check on the details.
>This is a blatant set-up to ramp up the war in Syria.
Occam's Razor for that part would say that the reason would be because Trump is an over-privileged retard with 0 morals and integrity who BS'd his way to the top and probably agrees with whatever he gets handed mid-tweet

As to the Chemical Weapons, best guess is the CIA or equivalent still running the game?
>>
>>129681
>he still looks to Trump to see where politics and history are going

tip tep
>>
>>129789
you are a yesman
>>
>>129790
Syria's location makes it a geopolitic hotspot. The talk and stated reasons are mainly irrelevant. It's part of a lengthy proxy war among regional powers Russia, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia, in decreasing order of importance.
Background: https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/geopolitics-united-states-part-1-inevitable-empire
>5. Prevent any Potential Challengers from Rising
> ... The other part of the world that could produce a rival to the United States is Eurasia.
Geopolitical analysis 2017: Middle East : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAMdptHZWJg
skip to 07:23
It's complex.
>>
>>129808
What is it going to take for normies to catch on to these concepts?
>>
>live in a major US city
shit I'm gonna die
>>
>>129796

Different anon. Doing the right thing, by itself, is great. But with how tense things are in syria, doing the right thing may cause more harm than good, especially when you have large governments backing each side. Ok, most likely what ends up happening on a large scale is little more than a buttblasted Assad, but look at syria specifically instead: with a weakened military presence in the bombed base, isis already took the chance to move in the area, and that is just the beginning.
Yes chemical attacks on civilians are absolutely horrendous, and yes it needs to be dealt with, but doing so by rushing to arms is a very high risk decision that could have gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>129793
>zerohedge
>proof of anything
Zerohedge isn't a valid news source.
>>
>>129826
Read the article man its actually well sourced and fuck this mediabiasfactcheck meme
Zero hedge is unfairly labeled as a conspiracy site when a site like new York times is is arguably just as conspiratorial in this situation
Nobody is sure exactly what the source of the gas was and the mainstream media is jumping to conclusions that it was Assad while sites like zero hedge are questioning the journalistic integrity of the mainstream narrative without jumping to conclusions like them
>>
>>129597
mattis looks Trump dead in the eye and says DO IT
>>
>>129828
mediabiasfactcheck isn't a meme and isn't the problem here, friend, and I did check the article. Did you check this: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge ?

>Zero hedge is unfairly labeled as a conspiracy site when a site like new York times is is arguably just as conspiratorial in this situation
Who is arguing that? Alex Jones? Zerohedge is quite fairly labeled as a conspiracy site for their extensive fearmongering over things like Jade Helm or how they've been saying the economy is about to collapse for more than 15 years.

>Nobody is sure exactly what the source of the gas was
Assad was the source, Anon.

>sites like zero hedge are questioning the journalistic integrity of the mainstream narrative
That's their business model. It makes them unreliable. If pageviews are down they make up even more sensationalist, 'mostly untrue but with a grain of truth' stuff to attract more.
>>
>>129837
I'm arguing that. Fearmonging is a loaded term
They provide good economic critique and speculating about a potential crash is totally fair, especially given that it's based upon factual economic analysis, so we shall see
There are arguments that it was not Assad or at least not him intentionally, for example that it could have been rebel gas that was detonated as collateral damage
Yeah I understand that they are willing to sensationalize stories for clicks, but I argue that they don't do it any more than a lot of traditionally "unbiased" sources
>>
>>129822
He's quoting a Stratfor document and you think you aren't the normies.
>>
>>129711
Its standard military doctrine to have contingency plans.

You don't think the US has plans on how to martisculy disable China or any of its enemy at the drop of a hat? That China hasn't mapped out how to cripple Taiwan?
>>
>>129796
Anon it is rare any government does anything just because its the right thing. The last president that came closest to lawful good was Jimmy Carter and everyone fucking hated him.

If it helps there is a good chance Trump got manipulated into striking with honest intentions. But there are just too many damn lose ends/questions about this whole gassing mess to begin with.

Why use gas in a war your winning? It made more sense with Saddam as he had to keep up images. Here Assad was getting people to the negotiation table. Whats to gain with pissing off the US?

Assad is brutal and gives 0 fucks about collateral damage. But he isn't stupid to have lasted this long.
>>
>>129861
Maybe he wanted to put a nail in the coffin about the "Russian connections" the liberal media has been harassing him about for months
I think the strikes were a bad decision, but it's interesting to see how it's derailing a lot of the mainstream narratives
>>
This is my first time on /news/ and I have to say that you guys are very /comfy/
>>
>>129632
Go home. Your trying to bait while in an emotional state. Sleep it off
>>
>>129865
It's a nice mix of /pol/ and not /pol/ most of the time. Welcome.
>>
>>129789
the russian government killed more than 300 of its own people in the moscow tower block bombings, and this is the last straw for you?

china is allied with north korea ffs
>>
>>129913
the lack of memes weeds out all but the most autisticly invested posters, why shitpost when no one will read it
>>
>>129936
That's what's wrong with 4chan right now, I think. People aren't actually invested in what they're talking about and just trying to get responses. Or they are invested but they got invested in memes and bullshit.
>>
>>129625
Whatever you goddamn liberal shill.
>>
>>129639
>/news/ gets filled with Russians spamming their chicken jokes

what?
>>
We should have nuked Russia during the cold war.

Fucking little shits.
>>
>>129955
should've nuked your face m8
>>
>>129585
The time has come. Putin's hubris must meet its fate. Trump's swift action on Assad's use of Sarin gas, is the first step to render him a leader from being obnoxious. We cannot attack Putin directly, but knocking Russia out of Syria would be a resounding embarrassment to his regime and an opportunity for Russians to throw him off their backs. Human rights above all, or nothing worth.
>>
"Russian Warship Heading for U.S. Navy Destroyers that Launched Syria Attack" Is this true?
>>
>>129980
Where did you get that info? post a source or stfu
>>
>>129983

https://www.google.com.br/?gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=S97nWJ7dI8L5wgSehJmICg#q=Russian+Warship+Heading+for+U.S.+Navy+Destroyers+that+Launched+Syria+Attack
>>
>>129985
What does this entail?
>>
>>129985
>>129990

>multiple sources confirmed for Russian Warship heading for U.S. destroyer
sounds scary at first, but the premise can still fluctuate; are the Russians making a threatening move on America or are they in support of our actions and pretty much backing us up, or moving in for an investigation? Either way, America attacked a Syrian base, Russia is officially responding with a warship
>>
>>129990
Ship ramming and general non combatant douchefaggery
>>
>>129991
I guess we will find out soon.
>>
59 Tomahawk missiles costing $832,000 each! - given the debt levels of the US why waste so much tax payers ca$h?
>>
>>129997
Won't somebody think of the children?!
>>
>>129595
Neocon or poltard
>>
>>129665
It's kind of hard to declare war when your nation is under going civil war
>>
Would it be insane to think that Russia did all this? Given the tensions between Russia and the US are rough, maybe Russia used gas to test what lengths our new president would go to.

I feel that Russia might have gassed Syria's people on purpose without any of Assad's say.

After all, why go through so much civil war to control the countries people just to turn around and gas them? It seems strange to me.

But I'm not sure. I'm just a normie. Thoughts?
>>
>>130026
It's possible, but we're working with too few details and too many principal actors working to obscure the facts to know anything right now.

The most important fact right now is we don't actually know who's responsible for the attack that unleashed the chemical weapons. The DoD is operating on pure conjecture by taking reports that the Syrian government is responsible at face value. But who gives a fuck, let's blow shit up, amirite?
>>
>>129591
FUCK OFF ASSHOLE
>>
>>130034
fuck you, skynet
>>
>>130031
We don't know that the DoD doesn't know
>>
>>130042
>We don't know that the DoD doesn't know

If we're going to war on another nation, then maybe the DoD ought to provided the American with the reasons we're doing so?
>>
>>130045
That's literally not how reality works
>>
||||||DEFCON||||||
DEFCON 5
DEFCON 4 <--
DEFCON 3
DEFCON 2
DEFCON 1
>>
>>130049
Only 4? I thought we'd be much higher than that right now, probably a 2 or something
>>
>>129992
>>Assad is a genuine idiot to do something so retarded.
>This is possible.

Assad is only 51 years old, was a doctor and educated in the UK and his wife was born and raised in the UK.

This isn't some kooky geriatric mustache-twirling dictator, the guy isn't an idiot and knows full well that using chemical weapons is of NO military or political advantage to him.

This "gas attack" is such an obvious ploy by Israel, I can't believe people are actually falling for it.
>>
>>130006
Didn't the CIA kind of kick off this civil war to get at Syria/Russia/Iran?
>>
>>130053
I thought it was literally just ISIS invading Syria and we're calling it a civil war for no reason
>>
>>130053
>Didn't the CIA kind of kick off this civil war to get at Syria/Russia/Iran?

The CIA at the direction of Obama and Hillary, all for Israel's benefit;

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/293/DOC_0C05794498/C05794498.pdf
11/30/2015

"The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad. "
— Hillary Clinton —
>>
>>130054
no, it was a civil war since the beginning, with radical muslims of a denomination posing a threat to minorities -in the case they overthrow Assad- on one side, and liberals opposing the autocratic regime on the other, both fighting against the state forces. This is the general gist of it.
Syria is bordering with Turkey on the north and Iraq to the east. Right at the juncture of those 3 countries you have the lands where the Kurds live. Saddam (who americans have since '91 painted as a bloodthirsty fascist) is the only one in the three countries' region whose regime actually gave an autonomous status to the Kurds in the part of the lands of Iraq where Kurds live (in this case, the north of the country), known colloquially as Autonomous Kurdistan.
It's the Kurds who fight ISIS, because ISIS is fighting for control in Iraq, it's in their fucking acronym, black and white.
But Turks, since the inception of the turkish state in the form of a republic (the irony here is that this state was born out of a military coup d'etat in 1924), want a homogenous country. No minorities. So they are oppressing Kurds. And the Kurds have been fighting a guerilla warfare against the turkish state for a long time.
And this is where the entanglement begins...

dirty games of capitalism
>>
>>130063
so tl;dr the Kurds are the heroes
>>
>>130064
there are no heroes...it's what the Joker said in a slightly paraphrasing I 'm afraid: whichever movememnt doesn't win independence soon enough, will continue to exist to see itself transformed into an instrument of imperialism.
The leader of the Kurdish Workers Party, PKK, which is active in the turkish part and has been labeled as a terrorist organisation, Abdullah Ocalan (pronounced Otsalan) has come to an agreement with the turkish state to push the PKK members into Syria and "cause their trouble there", in exchange for truce, since the turkish and the syrian regimes have had their differences over top-dog status in the area. So now the Kurds are fighting on 2 and a half fronts: a)the syrian state forces, b) the mujahideen in Iraq, with most suspicious people claiming that they do it in exchange for a future promise to have a state, granted to them by the USA, which would be a replay of the Iran-Iraq war in that, if true, both would be supported directly or indirectly (i.e. weapons sales, former u.s. training) by the u.s. (see:military-industrial complex), and c) Turkey could turn on them any moment, according to what the situation dictates.
>>
>>130063
>radical muslims of a denomination posing a threat to minorities

I guess that's what the last S stands for in the acronym, sorry for not pointing it out. It's Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and they do engage in Syria obviously. It's most probably the syrian cells of Al Qaeda.
>>
>>130054
>>130053
>>130056
Wow, did you get brain damage since 2011?
Remember the Arab Spring? How about you just googling "Syrian Civil War"?

ISIL became a serious geopolitical force only years after that. The quote from Clinton, btw, is prescient in that she is effectively predicting that the then-incoming civil war would have a lasting destabilizing effect in the region, as opposed to being a quick and easy uprising as many commentators in the West suggested. The question of intervention in such situations in general plagues people on both the left and the right to this day -- for the Clintons it is a particularly sore point since they feel personally guilty for not intervening in Rwanda's genocide.
>>
>>129965
Eat shit you cock sucking brainwashed commies
>>
>>130073
>the Clintons it is a particularly sore point since they feel personally guilty for not intervening in Rwanda's genocide.

pfffffbwaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
IS HE FUCKING INSANE?! Does he know the war he just started?! Oh fuck, oh fuck, we just pissed Russia off so fucking much right now! That god damn idiot!

Oh Jesus Christ, we just started World War 3.
>>
>>130104
Trump is being manipulated by Hillary. This is all apart of her and the Democrats plan to create a nuclear war to get back at humanity by extincting them.
>>
>>130104
Hahahah!
>>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/04/07/white-house-releases-photo-mar-a-lago-situation-room/100167552/

Consider who is next to him in this photo.
>>
>>130104
Thankfully Putin isn't as moronic as you. He's posturing, nothing more.
>>
>>130104
What happened this time
>>
>>130106
>>130111
There's Wars and genocides in Myanmar, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sudan, and many other countries should we go there and intervene there? America is not the worlds policeman., and this was just so Clintons could stick their dick and waft it into Russia.
>>
>>130106
We have blown up schools and hospitals in the same area, and helped Saudi Arabia do the same thing in Yemen. Should someone attack the US military bases? Who gives a fuck whether it was chemical weapons or firebombs ? It was pure evil when we did it, and pure evil when Assad does it, and it would be a hypocritical mess if we started a war over it and caused more deaths. Nobody is innocent anymore; the only reasonable thing we can do is end the war as quickly as possible by supporting Putin and Assad, in order to save the most lives.
>>
>>129585
It doesn't really serve the american people to spend millions for a show of force against a sovereign nation because of the spurious claim that the nation's dictator may have gassed some sandniggers, who should be our enemy.
>>
>>129585
There is a lot use of the words "U.S. believes" in there which worries me.
>>
>>130104
This won't start a war. Putin needs a visible two dimensional enemy, not a war. His political power depends upon him maintaining the image that he is standing against the corrupt west, not that he is sending russians to be slaughtered by the west.

>>130119
It probably should.
>>
Why the fuck does the United States think that they have to police the world again?
>>
>>130121
Do you really have to ask? Our greatest (((ally))
>>
>>130121
To keep the communists from taking over also because we know best. American exceptionalism is a very real thing.
>>
>>130123
This has nothing to do with american exceptionalism.
>>
>>130125
>american exceptionalism
American exceptionalism is one of three related ideas. The first is that the history of the United States is inherently different from other nations.[2] In this view, American exceptionalism stems from the American Revolution, becoming what political scientist Seymour Martin Lipset called "the first new nation"[3] and developing the uniquely American ideology of "Americanism", based on liberty, egalitarianism, individualism, republicanism, democracy, and laissez-faire economics. This ideology itself is often referred to as "American exceptionalism."[4] Second is the idea that the U.S. has a unique mission to transform the world. Abraham Lincoln stated in the Gettysburg address (1863) that Americans have a duty to ensure that "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Third is the sense that the United States' history and mission give it a superiority over other nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism
>>
>>130123
>To keep the communists from taking over

so you are openly declaring your policies as opposing to the interests of the common people.
>>
>>130128
keeping the communists out of power is in the interests of the common people.
>>
>>130126
>Second is the idea that the U.S. has a unique mission to transform the world.
Though I disagree, I stand corrected.
>>
>>130126
>he linked to wiki

why am I not surprised?
>>
Russia has already pulled out of crucial agreements with the US because of this stupid ass move by Trump!... not to mention that there is a Russian ship armed with cruise missiles headed towards our ships!... I AM PISSED OFF!!!!!!!

yes, something did need to be done about the chem weapons and I wanted Trump to be more diplomatic approach to it.... NOT FIRE 59 GODDAMN TOMAHAWK MISSILS AT ASSADS FUCKING BASE!...

lets say, there's a beehive I need to knock down... I KNOW... I am going to insert MY PENIS into the goddamnn beehive!.... yeah!... IM GOING TO FUCK THE BEEHIVE!.... I'm sure the bees would appreciate my man-yogurt as good ingredients to make honey with!.... right?.....

well! the only way out is to lift sanctions on Roosia and turn over nato to them and let Assad do what he wants. maybe then we can avoid all out WWIII and the destruction of human kind.
>>
>>130172
Russia's not gonna do shit. They're a paper tiger. Aside from known unknowns developing as more details come out of the recent events in the Syrian conflict, this just makes the U.S. look really stupid and created an opening for ISIS to exploit, which they immediately jumped on.

The way people jump to conclusions, it's almost like some of you WANT ww3 to happen just so you have more doom'n'gloom news to salivate over. There's nothing spectacular about this missile strike except that it seems to be purely reactionary. Otherwise, it's one in a long list of short-sighted moves made by the US in this particular theatre.
>>
>>130063
>>130067
very interesting.

>>130117
have a hang in there (You) from an anon who thinks killing someone with a knife or sarin gas is no different, i still like to think we are the majority.
>>
>>130130
Not every person wants capitalism, Billy Bob.
>>
>>130116
>muh clinton boogeyman
Any influence the clinton's had with the military in the past decade died with Hillary's political career. They don't give a shit about them anymore.
>>
>>130190
I really wonder where the "Clinton's want WW3' meme came from. I think it was Russian fake news during the election. The worst, most hawkish things in her foreign policy proposals were her ideas for a Syrian no fly zone and more sanctions on Russia. That's hardly WW3 worthy.
>>
On other news, oil and gold have increased their price
>>
>>130195
She said she'd declare war on Iran and make Syria a no fly zone which would most likely cause a war with Russia. There are tons of videos on this topic.
>>
>>130199
Meanwhile we're now literally blowing up Syrian assets which might have Russian officials in the AO. A no-fly zone is way less intense than that, and the gas attack would have completely warranted a nofly zone.
>>
>>129585
El Assad was not targeted himself? It would have been a war crime or they didn't know where he was exactly?
>>
>>129585
Good article here.
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/9089/americas-tomahawk-missile-attack-on-syrias-shayrat-air-base-was-a-sham?xid=fbshare
Pretty much highlights that the attack on the base was a political stunt and did virtually no damage to the base let alone Assad's airforce.

Supplementary highlighting why it was a bad idea in the first place and in-fact harmed USA's military strength in that area more than it helped.
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/9039/striking-assad-in-retaliation-for-gas-attack-is-a-horrible-idea
>>
>>130425

copypaste that right here in the thread.
>>
>>129591
>>129593
>>129652
>>129657
>>129664
>>130005
>>130090
>>130106
Whoever this person or persons are, they need to be dealt with. We're not on here to get jacked on steroids on rant dominantly about 'MURICA and how superior our opinions are. Fuck off to Reddit.

>Inb4 HAHAHAHAHAHA!!111 YOU MAD BRO? XD
>>
Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!
>>
I wonder how these events will affect the clock.
>>
>>130448
>I wonder how these events will affect the clock.

You mean the "Doomsday Clock"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

Funny how it actually _gained_ time when Obama and Hillary were bombing Libya and Syria and Yemen at the behest of Israel...
>>
>>129647
How exactly is Syria a problem for the USA though? What exactly does a country that is fighting to keep its sovereignty and oust foreign invaders have to do with the USA? Syria was once a thriving, modern, and somewhat secular country, and this isn't some reminiscing of some time before the half of the user base was born- this was within our lifetime. They suffered a forgot and food shortages and the fringes of their society turned against the government. This is an internal conflict and it should remain that way.

Pop quiz, how many democratic governments exist in the Middle East today? The only ones that exist there are the ones the US has propped up after destroying all infrastructure and they aren't successful. In these countries there is no stability except when a dictator comes around and wrangles the country together by force, otherwise the people revert back to their ingrained culture of being small, warring tribal groups.
>>
>>130458
>when Obama and Hillary were bombing Libya and Syria and Yemen at the behest of Israel...
If you believe this then it would be pretty funny, agreed.
>>
>>130199
>which would most likely cause a war with Russia
No it wouldn't. Again, this is based on nothing. Russia always had an agreement with the US to announce bombing targets beforehand.
>There are tons of videos on this topic.
The problem is that you believed youtube videos instead of news sources.
>>
>>130469

Where were you the last 8 years?
>>
>>129585
I'll just post my opinion.
I don't like this. I'm a Trump supporter. I still am. But I recognize that he wasn't a perfect candidate, and isn't a perfect president. He was just the best of the ones that had a chance. Any other candidate would've done the same thing. But I don't like this. I don't care about any "poor Syrian civilians killed." And I don't care about the ones Assad may have gassed. Why is it our job to police the world? To prevent this shit? It's just a big waste of American money, and will be a big waste of American blood, if we send troops over. That money should've never left the pockets of the hard-working Americans who earned it. Or should've been used on better things, at least. I'm not a tax-hating libertarian, but I support smart taxes, in smart ways, used on smart things, by a smart government. I don't support wasting it on Syria, or on any other shithole. I wouldn't care if every Syrian was being tortured to death, and one American dollar would save them all. It's our money, why should we waste it on them?

But what I'm really upset about is the fact that the worthless redditors on /pol/ can't see anything but black and white. Either you support all of Trump's moves, or you're a shill, a liberal, a neocon, or any other bogeyman they've set up. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>130485
That hate might come from the black and white attitude Trump supporters had in the beginning. I stay out of politics as much as possible. The best way to be unbiased is to be an outside observer.

Not judging, just stating what I've observed.
>>
>>129656
I concur
>>
>>129694
I like the cut of this guy's jib
>>
>>129804
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
God bless the human race, and may he have mercy on all our damned asses
>>
>>129955
>Muh red scare
Commies ain't shit m8. Nothing more than living jokes of an era long gone. Besides, the subjugated are usually unwilling.
>>
>>129837
>Assad was the source, Anon.

Not that anon, but based on what?
>>
>>130575
>>Assad was the source, Anon.
>Not that anon, but based on what?

It's based on Israel telling Trump what to say.
>>
>>130510
What do you mean?
>>
>>129787
TO US!!?
fuck neckbeard, not even the house you shitpost from is yours.... kys
>>
>>130479
"leading from behind"
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.