[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A maid dangling from a high-rise window begged for help. Her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: MAID FALLS.jpg (27KB, 960x597px) Image search: [Google]
MAID FALLS.jpg
27KB, 960x597px
The floor looks clean in this high-rise apartment, seven stories above Kuwait City traffic. Not a smudge in sight on the picture window. On the other side of the glass, the maid is hanging on by one knuckle, screaming.

“Oh crazy, come here,” a woman says casually in Arabic, holding a camera up to the maid.

“Hold on to me! Hold on to me!” the maid yells.

Instead, the woman steps back. The maid’s grip finally slips, and she lands in a cloud of dust, many stories below.

The maid - an Ethiopian who had been working in the country for several years, according to the Kuwait Times - survived the fall. The videographer, her employer, was arrested last week on a charge of failing to help the worker.

It’s still unclear what led to the fall. But it was not the first time a domestic servant had fallen off of a building in Kuwait, an oil-rich country where foreign workers are cheap, plentiful and live largely at the mercy of their employers.

Human Rights Watch has spent years documenting cases of workers abused, exploited, attacked or driven to desperation by a draconian labor system called kafala, in which foreigners surrender rights to get a work visa in the Persian Gulf.

Like thousands of others, its investigators are disturbed by the Kuwait City video.

“I’ve talked to workers who said they had to figure out a way to escape, and scrambled off buildings to do so,” said Rothna Begum, a researcher for the rights group. “What was shocking about this video is that the employer had filmed it from inside the flat - while she [the worker] is asking for help.”

The woman, who reportedly landed on an awning and broke an arm in the fall, is one of more than 600,000 foreigners working in Kuwait, according to a Human Rights Watch estimate.

That’s about one servant for each family in a country of about 3 million people, Begum said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article142845844.html
>>
>>129329
Apparently it was a suicide attempt that she changed her mind about. The Kuwaiti woman claimed she filmed the event in order to try and prove she did not murder the woman if she died. Still a really shitty thing to happen and shows just how poorly the immigrants are regarded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39456558
>>
>>129331

I'd be suspicious of that kind of claim personally, even though it would fit well with the conditions they suffer under.
>>
>>129331

Apparently the maid later claimed in hospital that her boss was trying to kill her, and she climbed to the balcony in attempt to escape. Apparently people abusing and killing their maids isn't uncommon there.
>>
>>129333
If it was a suicide attempt that she changed her mind about, then why didn't she help her?
>>
>thinking to casually film someone potentially dying so you can't be accused of murder
That's not an instinct that comes to anyone but people who are in the middle of an attempted murder/manslaughter.
>>
>>129346
She is an arab?
>>
>>129347
Logical fallacy detected.
>>
>>129347
>That's not an instinct that comes to anyone
Dashcams are very common in Russia because poor people will frequently run out into traffic so they can sue you for money.
>>
>>129378
there's a huge fucking difference between having a dashcam and this lady pulling out her phone to record someone possibly falling to their death

either way, you're an indisputable piece of trash if your first thought about someone appearing to be in great need is to protect yourself from possible litigation
>>
>>129370
May sound racist but likely true. Arabs views on blacks would fit in well with /pol
>>
>>129420
Out of curiosity have you ever been to the third world?
>>
>>129420
Quit being so inconsiderate of other cultures anon.

#onerace
>>
>>129463
Heh actually had a saudi say that to me when I called him out for hating blacks and jews more than the local skinheads did
>>
>>129331
research kafala a bit. Maids should not be jumping off roofs in suicide or falling from them period. Try to think about what the maids motives were. These kinds of stories pop up regularly in countries with kafala, and remember that Saudi Arabia and the like were the last to abolish slavery and only did so due to British pressure. Since then they have established workarounds and have used oil money to hire vast amounts of near-slave-labor to abuse in various ways. Also, don't be so quick to trust The Kuwait Times which is where the suicide angle comes from. It's hard to tell if the maid actually said that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafala_system
>requires all unskilled laborers to have an in-country sponsor, usually their employer, who is responsible for their visa and legal status
>employers take away passports and abuse their workers with little chance of legal repercussions.

That's the kind of shit the mob does.
>>
>>129331
Anon they just say the deaths are suicides.
>>
>>129465
That's the funny thing is that forcing cultural changes onto weaker societies is much easier then doing it to stronger ones.

That's why it's easy to call out weaker/smaller groups that are easier to shame then groups that have power or can hide behind a bulwark of culture and denialism.
>>
>>129463

>Hi, Sid.
>Quick question.
>I'm in a burning house.
>A man is caught under a beam.
>What's my liability if I help him?
>I thought so.
>Stan, we're gonna wait in the yard, see how this plays out.
>>
>>129329
Huh. Just reinforces what I think of sand niggers.
>>
>>129503
*gains 1 Insight for reading your post*
Damn. Didn't think about it like that before. Melting pot takes on a whole new meaning.
>>
Fuck that i wouldn't have helped either what if that bitch is just trying to take me with her. This person is only being punished because she filmed it.
>>
>>130848

>what if that bitch is just trying to take me with her

In this kind of situation, you probably would have deserved it.
>>
>>129503
Like us....
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.