[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump donates first salary check to National Park Service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 1

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/3/trump-donates-first-check-national-park-service/

President Trump made good Monday on his promise not to accept his $400,000 presidential salary, handing over his first three months of pay to the National Park Service — but the generous gesture couldn’t escape the scoffing of critics.

Mr. Trump gave the $78,333 check, the amount cut by the Treasury for the pay period that began with the Jan. 20 inauguration, to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.
“We’re going to dedicate it and put against the infrastructure on our nation’s battlefields,” said Mr. Zinke. “We’re excited about that opportunity.”

He noted that the 25 national battlefield were more than $100 million behind in maintenance.

At the daily press briefing, White House press secretary Sean Spicer praised the Park Service for its 100 years of service and said Mr. Trump was “personally proud” to help its mission.

Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune said the paycheck was a drop in the ocean when Mr. Trump proposed slashing 12 percent of the budget for the Department of Interior.

“If Donald Trump is actually interested in helping our parks, he should stop trying to slash their budgets to historically low levels,” Mr. Brune said in a statement.

“This publicity stunt is a sad consolation prize as Trump tries to stifle America’s best idea. It’s a distraction that falls far short of the $12 billion needed to address the current backlog of park maintenance and does nothing to offset the almost $2 billion Trump asked Congress to cut from the Department of the Interior in his budget,” he said.
>>
Mr. Trump also came under fire at the press briefing for the expense of frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, where he has spent most weekends since taking office and where he will host Chinese President Xi Jinping this week.

The trips to the club, which Mr. Trump has dubbed the “Southern White House,” have cost taxpayers an estimated $10 million to date for security and travel aboard Air Force One.

Mr. Spicer told reporters that is was “ironic” that the expense of going to Mar-a-Lago was brought up on a day when Mr. Trump put more than $78,000 back into the government coffers.

“The president just donated a significant amount of money of his salary back to the federal government. And so, you know, respectfully, at what point does he do enough? He just gave a very sizable donation,” he said.

Mr. Spicer bristled at a reporter saying the donation was a “small amount.”

“I think to be able to say that — I mean, he isn’t taking a salary. I think he’s stepped down from his business. He’s walked away from a lot,” said Mr. Spicer. “I think at some point, you know, he’s done quite a lot, quite a bit in terms of making a donation to government.”
>>
That was nice of him he did not have to do that.
>>
>>128478
No he really did have to do that. It's probably not anywhere near as much as he owes the IRS.
>>
>>128485
Good one sir.
maddowtaxreturns.gif
>>
>>128485
>still forcing this meme
>>
>>128490
>still being a Trump apologist
>>
>>128492
>pointing out falsehoods is being a Trump apologist

Double plus ungood, amiright?
>>
>>128474
>Mr. Trump gave the $78,333 check
That's not even a small loan..
>>
>>128493
>If I say it's a falsehood it means it's false
Good thing reality doesn't resemble your delusions.
>>
>>128518
Good thing It doesn't resembles your either.
>>
>>128518
>Good thing reality doesn't resemble your delusions.
Remain calm and double plus ungood my dude. Doubleplus ungood.
>>
>>128517
It's 100% of his salary.

Not good enough?
>>
>>128541
He should have donated it to all the people he swindled in bankruptcy court over the years.
>>
>>128543
> Doesn't like the circle of capitalism
Might as well hang yourself
>>
>>128543
So you're saying that the guy who gave up his multi billion dollar business to risk his life and work for free as President....

Is selfish?
>>
>>128541
>It's 100% of his salary.
I was just thinking he could have spared a small loan of a million dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7goA_DnGIbU
>>
>>128549
His first paycheck doesn't even cover the first payout in the settlement to the people he swindled in the Trump University class action fraud lawsuit.
>>
>>128545
lol go live on an island with John Galt.
>>
>>128556
Yeah he should donate more money. How much?

Is 1 million enough?

>>128557
How much money do you think he should donate?
>>
>>128556
A million dollars is a small loan to start a business. Specially in the real state business. You misconception about investment is a typical sign of millennial/liberal ignorance towards business and economics.
>>
>>128474
78,333 dollars.... and how much does it cost the taxpayer to keep the family in Trump Tower per week?
>>
>>128563
>How much money do you think he should donate?
All off it wouldn't be enough. It doesn't matter what you or I think though, it only matters how greedy he is.
>>
>>128584
Ask obama.
He was very fond of giving away money to third world shitholes.
>>
>>128585
> Projecting this hard
It must be hard being you
>>
>>128585
>greedy
But he just gave up his salary

He's working for free! How can that be selfish?
>>
>>128596
>He's working for free!
lol good one
>>
>>128586
Listen I'm all for less charity and better, more practical spending in the country. Practical isnt keeping the family in Trump Tower.
>>
>>128604
Did you miss the part when Trump donated his salary? That's called working for free.
>>
>>128606
> giving away money to shitskin infested shitholes
> keeping you son in school until the end of the school year
Yeah, I sure how compassionate you are.
>>
>>128588
>I don't know what projecting is

Yes, anon you replied to is a fucking idiot, but you're just throwing around a word i'm sure you saw here. Just like when people started calling everything virtue signaling for no reason.
>>
>>128564

That small loan of a million dollars was in addition to the 70 million dollar loan Fred Trump and Hyatt provided. Keep in mind that a dollar in 1980 is worth three times as much today, so that's a small loan of 3 million dollars plus 210 million dollars. For most people that's a shitload of money, which is where a lot of the criticism comes from. Only to a man born from wealth is 3 million considered a small loan, and while that's certainly small for NYC real estate (though still substantial, outside of Manhattan that could have bought you plenty of property in the vein of what the Trump company already had during Fred's leadership), most other people when starting a business often have less than 10 thousand dollars (3.3k in 1980 dollars, a mere .33% of Donald's "small loan").
>>
>>128616
> The meme loan
Trump already disproved that. Try harder.
>>
>>128620
>Trump already disproved that
Saying this doesn't make it true.
>>
>>128586
>Cutting away national park programs
>israel is STILL getting more money
Sorry bud but trump is much of a sucker with shithole countries as obama
>>
>>128614
>irtue signaling for no reason
False. I just broaden the term. Its not just for lefty protestors acting like they care about shit.

Like when some guy says "nigger" to virtue signal their racism to /pol/

Or when reddit says "newfag"

Its all virtue signaling. Though "virtue" may be a misnomer.
>>
>>128621
He's probably one of those people that unironically say, "perception is reality".
>>
>>128610
No, that's called a publicity stunt. He gave them a relatively small amount of money in the form of a novelty sized check. Their department is "$229 million behind on deferred maintenance" and if Trumps budget passes he'll be cutting their department funding by 12%, or 1.5 billion dollars. $78,333 is fucking laughable.

Donating his Presidential salary isn't "working for free." His position as President doesn't allow him to work for free, as taxpayers still have to pay for his security and travel.
>>
>>128541
Its a pointless gesture.

His yearly salary is enough to cover 3 employees of an agency. Meanwhile because he doesn't pull a salary from the gov, he gets to escape even more safeguards used to scrutinize federal employee spending.
>>
>>128650
So you're saying he only donated his salary for selfish reasons?

And even though he is working for no profit, he is not working for free?

I just want to understand exactly what you're saying.
>>
>>128653
So he's donating his pay check for no reason? What an asshole.
>>
>>128657
>>128654
Maybe it's a tax deduction.
>>
>>128658
This is what I think this tax return leak was about.
It was probably the only year he paid any tax.
>>
>>128657
Off the top of my head/ass.

1. Publicity
2. Audit evasion. The security services cannot monitor his bank account to determine how much money he is getting. This is a commonly used procedure for all federal employees that hold a clearance as a fail safe to ensure they aren't being paid off by a conflicting party.
>>
>>128654
I'm not convinced you're capable of understanding.
>So you're saying he only donated his salary for selfish reasons?
Yes. Offering someone $78,333 before cutting their funding by $1.5 billion isn't very generous is it? And yes, offering it in oversized check during a press conference would indicate that he wants people to see how "generous" he is; which is actually selfish.
>And even though he is working for no profit, he is not working for free?
No, people have to pay for the President to be safe and to travel. Just because he makes no immediate profit from his Presidency, doesn't mean the people aren't paying for him to do his job and golf.
>>
>>128541
Instead of donating his salary to look like a good guy why doesn't he do as the article suggests and not cut their budget as much or spend wastefully on his trips? I get he deserves a break once in awhile but he can take his ass to the movies or for ice cream a few times instead.
>>
>>128664
Ok gotcha. You say Trump is donating his salary for selfish reasons.

>>128667
>I'm not convinced you're capable of understanding
>Yes

Obviously i do understand since you answered "yes" weirdo. Thanks for helping me there.

>people have to pay for the President to be safe and to travel
That's not a payment to the president. We protrect our government officials just like we protect all government assets. It's not even an option.

I didn't say "we don't have to pay anything because of Trump" i said "he's working for free (no profit)" and that's true. Your attempt at skewing my words signals the end of any real argument you had. Go muddy some other issue fag.
>>
>>128669
Trump litetally just donated his salary to the parks.

And you're bitching about his treatment toward the park.....

Think about that for a minute. At this point it is clear liberals are simply full of shit.
>>
>>128671
>Did you miss the part when Trump donated his salary? That's called working for free.
No, faggot. You've skewed the definition of "free." It doesn't mean "without profit." It means "without cost or payment."
>>
>>128673
Ok. You win. President Trump is working non-profit.

What a guy :]
>>
>>128681
thank you for admitting it anon.
>>
>>128672
I voted for him you dumbass. I just agree with the article that it doesn't make sense that he would donate after slashing their funding. It's clearly a publicity stunt. What the hell do liberals have anything to do with my argument with you?
>>
If only they'd all do this
>>
>>128681
Trump gives oversized check for $78,333 to the National Park Service department, who is -$229 million on deferred maintenance and will be losing $1.5 billion in funding due to Trumps budget cuts.

-$229,000,000+$78,333-$1,500,000,000=-$1,728,921,667

Yeah, whata selfless and smart guy :^)
>>
>>128688
I don't believe you voted for him.

>What the hell do liberals have anything to do with my argument with you?
Because only liberals make up crazy bullshit anout Trump as an "argument."

>TRUMP GOES ON VACATION EVERY DAY
>TRUMP DOESNT LIKE OUR NATURAL PARKS
Scare tactics. Our budget is bloated, we're in debt, and the parks don't need to grow any more. They have more than enough funding and they turn a profit for fucks sake.

gimme a break. lmao at you thinking you could pass for a patriot.
>>
>>128671
>I didn't say "we don't have to pay anything because of Trump" i said "he's working for free (no profit)" and that's true. Your attempt at skewing my words signals the end of any real argument you had. Go muddy some other issue fag.
Bullcrap. He's charging the taxpayers millions to keep security for his family in New York instead of having them move to the White House like every other president, as well as charging them to go golfing at his fancy resort every weekend. He is putting tax payer money directly into his own pocket, when he could have simply not charged secret service to stay at his tower or for him to stay at his own hotel.
>>
>>128695
>-$229 million on deferred maintenance
That's weird. Considering they earn profit and are greatly supported by Americans.

Why do they have money issues? Sounds like they need to get their shit together. This is why we need a businessman in charge.

Waste my fucking tax dollars, missing people and shit, fuck this beurocratic welfare.
>>
>>128696
>Our budget is bloated, we're in debt, and the parks don't need to grow any more. They have more than enough funding and they turn a profit for fucks sake.
Then why the fuck would Trump give them his salary?
>>
>>128620

Back to /pol/ with you Newt.
>>
>>128697
Trump's family businesses easily generate more tax dollars than are spent on protecting them.

Let me know when melania takes 50 assistants of vacation to France like Obama did.

Right now I see a president busting his ass, and his wife providing a proper education to their son. Good for them.
>>
>>128696
I love our parks as any patriot would, and just because you don't think I voted for him doesn't change the fact.

Just because crazy liberals talk shit about Trump doesn't explain why you would inject it into our argument. It doesn't support your argument either way by doing so.

And >>128699 brings up a valid point. Why waste his money on them then and not something else on his agenda? At least it wouldn't appear as a blatant publicity stunt then.
>>
>>128701

>it's okay to spend exorbitant amounts of cash on one easily solved problem instead of another because he pays taxes like everyone else
>b-b-but OBUMA!!1!1!!!1!1!1!

lmao what a fucktard
>>
>>128699
While they are a shitty governmemt agency, it may be the best one we've got.

The beaurocracy has issues but the actual park workers do a lot with little resources.

>>128702
>why you would inject it into our argument
You injected your liberal bullshit into the argument. I called it what it is.

Ypu people say publicity stunt like that takes away the value of the gesture.

Isn't park of the president's job to unify the country?

Maybe thats the goal here. Donate some money to a cause we all agree on. Nice try, President Trump.
>>
Only Trump supporters can be swayed by such a blatant token gesture that amounts to a tiny fraction of a pittance when considering what is needed on a national scale.

EPA is not accomplished by a donation of 400K to the National Parks service.

A donation of 100K per year does not does not compensate for ethics violations on an unprecedented scale.

These things can only accomplished via legislation and funding for EPA as well as managing one's businesses within the parameters set fourth by the office of govt ethics and the constitution.
>>
>>128703

Just because your content with public school doesn't mean every one is.

Some people want an actual education for there kids... baron needs a real school.
>>
>>128704

How about removing his gag order on the national parks service and EPA as a gesture of unity.
>>
>>128707
How about "no"
>>
>>128698
I already regret responding to you, but
>>-$229 million on deferred maintenance
>That's weird. Considering they earn profit and are greatly supported by Americans.
You mean they greatly support Americans, right? Yes, of course they make a profit, retard. They have to pay their employees. Also, what are discretionaryandmandatoryspending?
>>
>>128706

Washington, D.C has no private schools?
>>
>>128700
back to twitter with you shitlib
>>
>>128704
>Ypu people say publicity stunt like that takes away the value of the gesture.
It does.
>>
>>128712

maybe i should do both ;)
>>
>>128704
For me is does take the value away from the gesture as he's slashing their budget at the same time. If you get a severance pay for being laid off do you see that pay as a good gesture?

I understand he's trying to budget right now but I feel it would of been more unifying if this donation didn't come with budget cuts so deep. Call that 'liberal bullshit' but I would like to see our president be more frugal on their own personal spending while not shafting our parks.
>>
>>128710
It is best to let him finish up the year as it is not easy to change during a school year.
>>
>>128709
>I already regret responding to you
Lmao

>You mean they greatly support Americans, right?

No.. Americans support the parks service. As in when you poll people they say that.

Most of their funding comes from tax dollars, of course. They don't make that much profit, retard.

>>128710
No.
>>
>>128717

For $500,000 a day? Alright.
>>
>>128716
>he's slashing their budget
Liberal scare tactics

What next? PBS? MEALS ON WHEELS? Jk
>>
>>128719
How can you put a price on a child's imagination @_@ you monster
>>
>>128543
Yes, give it to Deutsche Bank goy
>>
>>128549
Oh get off it! You are sick. This is a ploy. His kind will hand you a gift as they stab you in the back. If you cannot see that, please look at his other actions in regards to the environment and national parks. He is a snake, don't taste the apple.
>>
>>128807
That's incredibly antisemitic and he's not even jewish, thats just Ivanka.
>>
>>128549

Yes
>>
>>128818
Suck it :)
>>
>>128549
>So you're saying that the guy who gave up his multi billion dollar business to risk his life and work for free as President....

Really? Trump finally divested so he's not longer in wanton violation of the constitution?

Well that's a start!
Care to provide me a source, though?
>>
He should support the EPA by letting it's scientists work and talk to the public about their findings, legislation based on consensus of scientific and economic experts, and funding.

Donating money is good but it can't just be a photo op; it should be followed with legislative and executive efforts to boost the EPA in its core mission.
>>
>>128834
the EPA is trash tier

>>128833
see>>128474
>>
>>128701
>generates more tax dollars
They would be if they were actually taxed. But of course, he's been hiding those returns for a reason, hasn't he?
>>
>>128810
'His kind' are greedy scum of the general variety, the type that infest gutters, basements, and Wall Street.

Interesting you immediately accused him of antisemitism, though. Why don't you take a minute to remind /pol/ about Jared and Ivanka, preferably during the next Natsoc thread? They never seem to have an opinion about them, funnily enough.
>>
>>128474
>said Mr. Trump was “personally proud” to help its mission
And he was also happy to silence and defund them.
I wonder which assholes are going to paint this as glorious leader being fully benevolent and filled with good.
>>
>>128478
Yeah he has already shown he doesn't have to keep his promises.
>>
>>128541
Don't worry, he won't starve since he just made an adjustment to the terms of his business trust so that he can access money or assets including businesses at any time.
But there's totally no chance of conflicts of interests :^)
>>
>>128869
I know you people are stupid, but try to understand this. After Obongo increased the National debt, Trump had to defund a lot of offices to lower the national debt. Which he already has lowered in 3 billion in his first month.
>>
>>128887
>Congress increases the debt ceiling
>Puts the authorization in the omnibus budget bill
>Obama somehow raised the national debt!!!111
That isn't how federal budgets work, Anon.
>I know you people are stupid, but try to understand this
If they're stupid then you're an utter retard. We had to pay for Bush's tax cuts and wars somehow,...
>>
>>128863
>They would be if they were actually taxed
Trump pays taxes, old news.
>>121957
Why don't you?
>>
>>128886
You don't think he should be able to access his own money?
>>
>>128868
>greedy scum
>donating your salary
>greedy
>>
>>128672
Since he wants to slash their budget by $2 billion, then the $78,000 he just gave them means that he's really given them --$1,999,922,000.

What a nice guy.
>>
>>128698
They don't get to keep any of that money though.
>>
>Trump slashes NPS's funding
>then donates a pittance to look good
>Trumpcucks actually fall for this
>>
>>128868
/pol/ has always loved Jews my friend
>>
>>129462
I don't know why people act as if trumptards will ever change. At this point they have to defend him because it makes them look retarded for voting a cheeto colored mouth breather into office.
>>
>>129473
nice try JIDF
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.